Tropers / Mystery Otaku
Mystery Otaku is Exactly What It Says on the Tin
. If you have a mystery series, she has probably read it or watched it. Crime drama seems to be her favorite genre to write outside (well, not exclusively outside) of the fanfiction community. Outside TVTropes
, this troper has a very suspiciously anime-like reality, from a pretty, more popular big sister
to friends whose entire apartment is a Hacker Cave
to having found exactly twelve different deliveries of a common phrase in order to annoy her parentals
. She is also her group's Deadpan Snarker
most of the time, as if she doesn't say it, nobody else will. Much for the same reason, she is a bit of a Pungeon Master
Her interests tend to include the Victorian era and its literature, Dungeons and Dragons
, anime, herbology, anatomy, writing, mystery and crime novels, Pokémon
, and Ho Yay, Foe Yay and Les Yay
Manga that hold her interest currently are One Piece
, Detective Conan
, Soul Eater
. Don't expect that list to be the same for anime.
Some Examples of Tropes In Her Everyday Life:
- Ascended Fanboy: Mystery Otaku has delved into writing original fiction lately...of her favorite genre. And so far has gotten positive feedback and even has several poems published.
- Appeal to Obscurity: Happens a lot.
Mystery Otaku: It's okay, Sara, no matter what you did, all will be forgotten in the future. Look at the Yellow Turbans!
Sara: Who are the Yellow Turbans?
Mystery Otaku: Yup, we are all doomed to obscurity...
- Berserk Button: Many. Oh so many.
- Brown Eyes: All her loves have this in common...save for one.
- Comedic Sociopath: MO is a very guilty party.
- Daddy Issues: Alongside Mommy Issues, Mystery Otaku is not on good terms with her father.
- Facepalm: Applied directly to the forehead. Often. On both ends.
- Geeky Turn-On: All major love interests, from a fanartist to a fellow Gaslight Nerd to a Tom Baker Cosplayer.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: It is very difficult to have a day where Mystery Otaku and her older sister do not take potshots at each other.
- Go-Go Enslavement: Danny, though it's all fun and games.
- Green Eyes: Klarissa, though in a bit of a subversion, she only shows the nature behind them when mad.
- Hacker Cave: the apartment of three of her friends, moreso after a fourth moved in.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: She plays this for laughs. Subverted because no one was surprised when she told everyone she was bi, despite it being a shock to her.
- Hazel Eyes: Mystery Otaku has them.
- Hollywood Nerd: Mystery Otaku (along with a vast majority of her friends)
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: That's right, Claire.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: For Nami and Haji.
- Rapunzel Hair: Kate's hair is at the very least at her hips when it's down.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Claire, despite being a BDSM dom, is very...cuddly with her sub.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Almost all of her guy friends at one point or another.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Kate has a habit of being very distracting with her pretty undergarments.
Examples Common In Her Fanfiction
Examples within her Original Fiction
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Max is the current favorite.
- Cute Bruiser: Gina.
- Cute Shotaro Boy: Randall, before he grew up to be Tall, Dark, and Snarky.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Harry, but also, and most noticeably...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Randall, who all the girlies say he's pretty fly for a white guy.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: It's best if you do not insult Harry's mother...
- He-Man Woman Hater: Max had become one of these after seriously dating one of his customers
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Harry's capture of Rachelle.
- Lust: The whole point of Harry's crimes is his uncontrollable lust.
- Stalker With a Crush: Again, Harry.
- Also, Vic has stalker tendencies towards his love interest in another work.
- Yum Yum: This is part of Harry's MO, where he ties down his victims spread-eagle and sits between their legs while eating a peach.