Tropers / G Ri T Ho KS Ku LK
Describe the troper GRiTHoKSKuLK
...How about not?
(G Ri T Ho KS Ku LK
is a procrastinator and will finish this later.)
Oh yeah. This guy's got tropes too. Here's a list of 'em, I guess:
G Ri T Ho KS Ku LK
is also writing a book in progress, known as Zephyr
. Tropes associated with this work's characters, of which Mr. S Ku LK
is relatively proud, include the following.
- January Lewis Brine
The narrator of the story. Described as being objectionable (which is an Understatement
), he is generally willing to lend a hand; that is, if the price is right. Uses a scythe and magic in battle, and is good friends with Aro and Mercades.
- Ariandro Lawliet Burezzi
The subject of the story. Ariandro, or Aro, is a mystical being known as the Orloge that is born once every hundred years and is supposed to control everything about Tatsh, the world upon which this takes place. The Whitlock Group, however, wants the Orloge's power to power the DUET, an apocalypse death-ray, and so Aro has to be constantly on the move. He has taken up residence with January where he currently hides from the tenacious Whitlock Group.
- Mercades Moira Margatroyde
A recurring character and one of the smartest people at the high school which January attends—Saint Margatroid's Academy. She and January used to date, but now they're Vitriolic Best Buds
. She doesn't learn about Aro until about sixty pages in, but afterward, becomes part of January's group, for better or for worse.
- Alliterative Name
- As Long as There Is One Man
- Belligerent Sexual Tension (With January)
- Berserk Button (Do not talk about her future in a social sense.)
- Deadpan Snarker
- Heroic Sacrifice (Complete with a few Crowning Moments at the end of her soliloquy:)
Mercades: "I don't want to follow in your footsteps, January. Never did. Because, quite frankly, you walk into walls."
- Ineffectual Loner
- Insufferable Genius
- Little Miss Snarker
- Minored In Ass Kicking (She is explicitly stated as one of the strongest Elementalists that January knows. We don't see this for a while.)
- Meaningful Name
- The Penance (Inverted. After going too far with |Reverie|, Mercades |takes off her ribbons, saying that they "compressed her feelings."
Mercades: "They... They were a crutch of mine, January. I felt that if other people could read me easily, it would make my life that much easier. But if I want to relate, if I don't want to go as far as I did with her that time, then I have to cut my emotional crutch off. I have to learn to express... it's the only way I can learn to forgive myself and become a person, and not a mound of life."
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Smug Snake
- Super Window Jump ( Trying to save January in the Moonlight Inn, Mercades attempts to jump through a window. It fails. Miserably.)
- The Smart Guy
- Teen Genius
- Token Evil Teammate (In the arc during which Aro goes missing, she subverts this.)
- Tsundere (Type A.)
- Reverie Lillian James/[[spoiler
- Alice Steele]]
- Charlie Catcher [[spoiler
- Mort Albert Viyer
- Dodger Mary Brine