Rucka Rucka Ali
"Black people are great at stealing stereos
They've got Jewish lawyers in court
Muslims are the best at flying into stuff
(Not all Muslims, just most, and all it takes is most)
Africans like lynching homosexuals
Cubans turn dildoes into boats
Germans kidnap girls and make them prostitutes
Everyone's special in their own gay little way"
—Rucka Rucka Ali
, I Love Minorities
, real name unknown, is a Detroit
singer-songwriter & radio personality infamous for his hilariously offensive
parodies of modern pop songs that score high on the charts. This infamy became especially apparent when his song Ching Chang Chong
[parody of Boom Boom Pow
] was taken down by YouTube
because they thought it was a hate song. Rucka responded with two protest songs called Me No Rikey YouTube
] and No More DJ Nice Guy
[Break Your Heart
], and it wasn't very long before YouTube
deleted these two as well as other tracks from Rucka's discography.
Ever since then, Rucka has kept taking pop songs from the charts and parodying them in his favorite Refuge in Audacity
style, while YouTube
has continued to take these videos down and Rucka's fans (known as "Nuckas
") have constantly been re-uploading the videos that YouTube
have taken down.
Although his official site can easily be found here
, he seems to have no single YouTube
page ever since the video removal got to account suspension levels, which has also made searching the site for his name
easier way to find any of his songs/videos. Luckily, more then half of the songs can be bought on iTunes. His songs can also be found on Amazon.
Rucka Rucka Ali provides examples of:
- All Asians Know Martial Arts: Most songs featuring DJ Not Nice mention at least one Asian martial art, or some combination of multiple ("Tae Kung Fu").
- Ambiguously Brown: Rucka claims to be "kind of brown" (when he's not proudly proclaiming that he's white), but that "[his] race is unknown".
- Appropriated Appellation: In 2010, after a group of boys played "I'm a Korean" in their school, the principal was quoted on the BBC as saying the song was "probably racist". When it came time for Rucka to release his next album...
- Asian Speekee Engrish: DJ Not Nice is a very clear example of this, replacing almost every "l" in the songs with an "r" and speaking with fractured grammar.
- Auto-Tune: Shows up in almost all of his songs. Not because he can't sing, but to better reflect the crappy pop he parodies.
- Some of My Best Friends Are X/Token Minority: Rucka has mentioned that "he knows him a black guy", and that "[YouTube] just mad 'cause [he has] more black friends". "I Know a Black Guy" is all about this.
- Card-Carrying Villain: According to "Osama Bin Found", Al Qaeda literally gives its members discount cards. "I'm Osama" mentions that bin Laden attends a terrorist convention called Terrorcon.
- Chinese Launderer: Taken Up to Eleven in "I'm a Korean": apparently all of Asia is a dry cleaning store. Virtually every DJ Not Nice song references this one, too.
- Ching Chong: Has an entire song dedicated to this.
- Creator Provincialism: Rucka makes a disproportionate number of Michigan and Detroit references. "I'm Obama" mentions that Obama receives "Bridge cards", referring specifically to the Michigan welfare system, even though Obama doesn't live in Michigan. Many of his songs mock Detroit itself for its infamous crime rates and weak economy.
- Department of Redundancy Department: In "Hippies Always Smell":
"Get yer ass fucked in the booty"
"And the dyke giving me my food looks like a lesbian"
- Driven by Envy: Many of his anti-YouTube songs imply that this was the site's motivation for taking down his songs and suspending his account. From "Me No Rikey YouTube":
"But then they was like 'Hold up, Rucka Ali!
We didn't mean for people to like you more than me!'"
- Hollywood Atlas & National Stereotypes: Hoo, boy...
- All Jews Are Ashkenazi: Jew Boy [Empire State of Mind], the debut of Seymour Schwartz.
- Canada, Eh?: Eat A Bag Of Baby Dicks, Canada [Day 'N' Nite] and both Justin's Beaver songs [Magic].
- Deep South: Toby Queef, who debuted in Hippies Always Smell Like Balls .
- Gay Paree: Fuck France [Just Dance].
- Glorious Mother Russia: Boris Anatasha, who debuted in Russia's Gay [Whatcha Say].
- Interchangeable Asian Cultures: Basically anything that stars DJ Not Nice — Ching Chang Chong [Boom Boom Pow], I'm Chinee [Imma Be], I'm a Korean [I Gotta Feeling], Me No Rikey YouTube [Down], No More DJ Nice Guy [Break Your Heart], Take Your Pants Off [Club Can't Handle], Kim Jong Un Song [Cruise]...
- Land Down Under: Fuck Australia [Black And Yellow].
- North Koreans with Nodongs: I'm a Korean, My Korea's Over, and Kim Jong Un Song all focus largely on North Korea's plans to bomb various countries. Stock video from North Korean military events is used in many DJ Not Nice songs.
"I've got a missile now/I'm gonna blow you up, gonna blow you up!"
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Let's Go Jesus (Blah Blah Blah)
- Metaphorgotten: In We're All Asian (Just the Way You Are):
Steal it from Payless and give it to your kids... for Christmas!"
- Multiple-Choice Past: According to I'm Obama (Thrift Shop), Obama was simultaneously born in Pakistan, Chicago (that's a village in Africa), and Taiwan.
- Rucka himself enjoys changing his backstory as it suits him, although "officially" he is from Detroit.
"Am I black or from Iraq or Alaskan?
I think my race is unknown, so stop askin'!"
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Toby Queef's enemies, as depicted in "Hippies Always Smell" and alluded to in "iLost My Jobs".
- My Name's Obama also mentions his birth in Dubai and Haiti.
- Our Presidents Are Different: Rucka's depiction of Barack Obama is a clear fit for Presidents Action (he personally killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, Ohio) and Minority, and also has elements of Jerkass and Buffoon (he admits to various crimes, both before and during his presidency, and is basically a big showcase for racial stereotypes). Rucka's version of George W. Bush in "iWhack" can be classified as Buffoon, Lunatic, and possibly Evil with his plans for Disproportionate Retribution toward the Middle East.
- As of Obama Been Watchin' [Blurred Lines], Rucka's version of Obama has characteristics of Scheming.
- Police Are Useless: Go, Cops [TiK ToK].
- Positive Discrimination: Jews and Faggots (Moves Like Jagger). It's still stereotypical towards everything, but it actually says that Jews and gays can help various alleged Crapsack Worlds. I Love Minorities also counts, where Rucka proclaims that "everyone's special in their own gay little way"
- Stealth Insult: At the end of "Al Quaedirection", Zayn says that he is now in paradise with Uncle Osama and 72 Directioners. He just used "Directioners" in place of the word "virgins".
- Stylistic Suck: Most of the videos for his songs are slideshows of images that have to do with the lyrics.
- Take That: Oh, so many. Examples include Fuck Kanye [Run This Town] (against Kanye West), Justin's Beaver, its sequel [Magic] and Justin's Beaver The Movie [S&M] (Justin Bieber), and Pligganease [Umbrella] (Chris Brown), Al Qaedirection [Die Young] and Zayn Did 9/11 [Come & Get It] (One Direction, specifically Zayn Malik) but the list keeps going...
- Michael Jackson has Celebs Kill Yourself dedicated to himself, but is worth noting separately because Rucka routinely insults him in other songs, even if the insult usually amounts to a single line.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Rucka has done parodies of many well known pop songs like "Thrift Shop", "Boyfriend", and "Blurred Lines". However, arguably his most random choice for a song to do a parody of is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".
- Unusual Euphemism: He will occasionally use "ninja" in the place of "nigga" on account of the fact that he's white. In some songs, mostly but not exclusively from DJ Not Nice, he intentionally uses this for puns about actual ninjas.