- Some of the descriptions for items can veer into this. Especially with some of the posters, and particularly with a Floran PC
Glitch: (On a poster reading "Keep Calm and-" with the rest scrawled) "Frustration. Trying to guess the missing text will irritate me for days."Glitch (On a Hylotl statue) "Critical. It appears the Hylotl have always suffered from poor fashion sense."Apex: (On the same Keep Calm poster) "If this was a Miniknog poster, the missing text would read 'you won't be terminated'."Human: (On an "OBEY" poster) "Apex propaganda. I should draw a funny moustache on it."Floran: (On a "There is no need to be upset" poster) "Big fat monkeyman sssssays wordsssss. Floran punch in face."
Floran: (On a poster for "10 things I hate about Florans") "Want to stab this poster."Floran: (On a blood bank) "A vending machine!"Floran: (On a restaurant sign) "Floran rather eat frogman than frogman food"Hylotl: (On a Hyotl warning sign) "The sign warns of the dangers of texting while walking."Hylotl: (On a "Mess Hall" sign) "Why would humans label a room as messy instead of tidying up? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.."
- Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome for the Florans.
- Several comments along these lines while in Hylotl towns make clear that, no matter how peaceful, they definitely do not like them. To the point when they misread a sign and take it as claiming they kidnap children (actually a plan for rescuing their tadpoles that float up to the surface), one of them even says something along the lines of "I knew it".
- Try talking to a Glitch as a Hylotl sometime. There'll be bragging, there'll be condescending comments, and even genuinely well-meaning comments on how they're sure the Hylotl will eventually be as advanced as them. Keep in mind the glitch are technically stuck in medieval ages.
- Any lore entry involving Hylotl adventurer Hiraki Corale. The innocence and naivety in her writing just sells it.
- From the introduction of the Novakids:
"An Avian diplomat reportedly described a Novakid he met as “dense”, and elaborated upon his statement by mentioning that the Novakid in question had cheerily asked him if his god, Kluex, was real."
- Pretty much anything the Floran PC says.
- Despite some rather horrific codex entries, some of them fall straight into this.
Big Ape: So, let's get started then. We have important things to discuss.Greenfinger: [Redacted]Thornwing: [Redacted][Redacted]: Are you serious?Big Ape: [Redacted]Big Ape: [Redacted]Big Ape: [Redacted]
- In a moment of Black Comedy, Greenfinger's surprise at how the Beast grew powerful enough to destroy earth isn't surprising considering humanity had the Idiot Ball.
- "If Floran make trouble, Floran will eat... Floran? Floran is confused." A Floran guard will say this if you're a Floran with a weapon out.
- Analysing any of the NPC spawners of the other playable races aside from the players own.
- Gnome Villages can occasionally be found underground. You can smash the houses for pixels and use the residents as weapons. The tiny screams they make when you throw them are hilarious.
- A wondrous bit of Black Comedy from the Codex "Child's Rhyme":
There once was an ape called Big ApeWhose brain was the size of a grapeHe swung through the treesAnd got riddled with fleas
- After Dreadwing was updated to be a mission boss rather than summoned via distress signal, his bio was updated to adapt to this. Apparently, all pre-update encounters with the penguin are still canon, as the bio mentions he used to prey on people with distress signals and gave up after getting shot down numerous times.
- The third mission requires you to obtain Durasteel Armor. The quest to obtain the mission? If you're a Floran, you get invited to a 'Floran party' and need Durasteel Armor in order to proceed to said party. Sounds totally safe.