open/close all folders
I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer
- The end skit has toy bulldozers rushing to attack Phelous. The sound and editing are timed perfectly.
- The effect of Phelous having a root poke through his eye that surpasses the one in the movie: He uses a stick and a paper cutout of his face.
The Midnight Meat Train
- The sharply dressed killer stands up, straightens his tie and gets on the eponymous subway train. Phelous sets the whole thing to the theme from Get Smart. It fits. Perfectly.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- His spoof on the alternate personalities in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories with rapid fire Shout Outs to The Cinema Snob, The Nostalgia Critic, and The Angry Video Game Nerd, as well as a Take That to The Irate Gamer.
Phelous as Angry Nerd: "Shattered Memories? More like shattered asshole! I'd rather play a different game than play this game!"
Phelous as The Nostalgia Critic: "Hello, Silent Hill shattered my memories! I don't remember it so you don't have to!"
Phelous as The Cinema Snob: "In my expert opinion, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is a game <pause> that came out on the <pause> in December 2009."
Phelous as Irate Gamer:
"Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
is the perfect predecessor
to the first Silent Hill
Fear Dot Com
Night of The Lepus
- His Night of the Lepus review repeatedly splices in footage from the Star Trek episode "Shore Leave", specifically the scenes involving McCoy's encounter with the white rabbit. The effect is hilarious.
I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer
- The increasing tone of This Is Gonna Suck that creeps into his voice as he repeatedly asks "This is a comedy, right?"
- The title image for Automaton Transfusion says "One of the films in decades."
Night of the Living Dead
The Deaths of Ian Stone
Cabin Fever 2
- This part:
John: You know I can't leave [Alex]! You know that!
Cassie: Well, let's just go and get him, then!
Phelous: I'M TRYING TO BE DRAMATIC! Don't be all RATIONAL about it!
- Him going Laughing Mad during the scene where Cassie amputates John's infected arm is also pretty good.
- "So, you're probably wondering why [Paulnote ]'s still alive... (long ass Beat) (shakes head, shrugs)"
The Blade Master
- The Humains crossover review with Benzaie is full of win.
- Whenever something stupid happens, they do a weird Kermit-style arm-waving while saying "Humains!"
- The "French Shia Labeouf".
Dawn of the Living Dead
- The ending skit (especially Sub-Zero and SadPanda's appearance's)
Phelous: Why won't this movie DIEEEEE?!
Phelous: Oh, you have gotta be kidding me! How are you here?
D1: Because I wasn't given a proper burial!
Phelous: So?! You're still ME - you can't be here!
D1: Look; either you die, then you can't be sitting there doing this review, or I'm somehow a different person and am now your nemesis!
Phelous: I don't need a nemesis, I have Sub-Zero already anyway.
D1: What? What does he do?
: He... sits in the kitchen there, comes out and hits me or says mean words if I make a Mortal Kombat
Sub-Zero (reading a magazine in the kitchen): Yeah, when are you gonna do that again? I'm getting bored!
Phelous: Shut up!
D1: Wow... mean words. That's why you need a real nemesis!
SadPanda: Hey! Phelous has a nemesis: me, the Sad Panda!
Phelous: You're not my nemesis Panda, you do my theme song!
SadPanda: Oh yeah, you're right. Bye.
Phelous: Yes, bye, the review is over and this is just stupid, why won't it end?!
D1: Because you must face me - Phelous D1!
Phelous: What the hell does "D1" even mean?
D1: Ehm, well, it means...
*Lightning hits D1*
D1: Argh, purple lightning... my one weakness...
Phelous: (turns to the camera) Okay, we're done here. END THE DAMN VIDEO!
- The beginning of his review, where he combines three of the more prominent ads that played on Blip at the time (Fibre One, Madden NFL 11 - "Put your hands up", and The Pillars of the Earth) by having a skit of "I swear by all the advertisements, I will never care about your fibre."
- Fourth advert (Yoplait) gets a mention as he walks away, saying he's going to go lose weight by eating yogurt.
- The interruption by Jew Wario is hilarious. "Play. Play. Play. Play button!"
- His dubbing-in of Arvin Sloane's dialogue over Ron Rifkin's character:
"The only person I blame... is Josh." "YOU SIMPLE-MINDED DILETTANTE!"
"I'm not imagining this!"
- Rifkin gets out of his chair. "A few days ago, I would have done anything to keep you alive. And now, I don't care."
- His reaction to Boone saying that keeping viruses on your computer is like "keeping nukes in your closet."
Phelous: "I'm purposely downloading viruses off the internet! I'M SUCH A BADASS! Oh, what a rush!"
- After mocking Friend-Meets-World's using the Wii version of Mortal Kombat Armageddon to play against his girlfriend (the Wii version doesn't have online multiplayer), Phelous makes a MK joke and expects Sub-Zero to hit him. Instead, Sub-Zero glitches into Ermac (an extremely nerdy inside joke amongst the Mortal Kombat fanbase).
- His impersonation of what two people having sex over a webcam looks like: pushing the "insert" key over and over again, yelling "Insert! Insert! INSERT!".
- The zombie fisherman was nothing compared to Pulse 3:
- "I GOT A SHOTGUN! Suicide is painless..."
- Angry Joe showing up as an internet ghost, convincing Phelous to resurrect him with a flash drive, and then repeatedly shooting Phelous once he's resurrected.
- His reaction to this brilliant line.
Guy: "There'd be blood... look at all the blood! Someone else did this, it'd track blood all over."
Phelous: *stunned* "Don't ever talk again. What the hell was that?"
- The best line of the review: "FUCK THIS MOVIE, IT ISN'T ABOUT ANYTHING!"
- "This is Incubus, (gives a thumbs up) the anti-logic movie!"
Silent Hill Homecoming
- His review ends with him getting attacked by one of the nurses, only to reveal it's another Phelous behind the mask.
- The demonic child starts asking Renee Zellwegger's character 'Why, Emily?' in regards to not being allowed to go to their therapy sessions any more. When ignored, she asks again...and again...and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again andagainandagainandagainandagainandagain...
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"
- "SILENT HILL! SILENT HILL! SILENT HILL! SILENT HILL!..."
- At the end, he watches the review again and is confused because of his lack of death. His video self then starts laughing demonically and prepares to kill him, just to be shot to death by Phelous with a zapper. After reviving and multiplying several times, he's finally dead, but Phelous sees one more inconsistency...
Phelous: "Wait, how can I shoot him through that? It's a flat screen monitor...and that's the only problem I have with that."
- The scene where the girls' father in the asylum snaps and attacks a guy with a fork, set to Homer's epic lapse of sanity from Treehouse of Horror V.
- His reaction to seeing that the girls demon form looks like one of the internet ghosts from Pulse
Phelous: *crying* "Why won't it leave me aloonneee!'" *clears throat''*
- The entire death scene of the hornets coming out of the social worker set to (what else?) one of Nicholas Cage's infamous moments in The Wicker Man:
"OH, NO! NOT THE BEES-!"
Phelous: *Deadpan* "Hornets."
"NOT THE BEES-!"
Phelous *Deadpan*: "Hornets."
- When Bradley Cooper's character, Doug, picks up the phone, Phelous edits in "It's time," over he clip.
- When the demon child yells at Emily in a Narm-filled deep voice, Phelous impersonates her following with "Daboo. Zug zug. They're destroying our city!"
- The Anaconda review. Yeah, the whole review.
- When the boat encounters a "snake fence".
Terri Flores (JLo): "That thing must be there for a reason!"
Sarone: "Yeah, to keep us out."
Terri: "I'm talking about upsetting the ecological balance of this river."
Phelous: "'Cause you see this is a naturally formed fence and just stop talking, Lopez."
- Stupid Surprised Panther.
- The ending of the review, where John Voight (Phelous in an Old Man wig) randomly appears, does a hilariously bad impression of "holy rites" (Voight's character is a priest in the movie), and then kills Phelous with Death By Leg Strangulation.
Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid
Anaconda 3: Offspring
Anacondas: Trail of Blood
- Johnny Cage and four other people are driving through the forest and are stopped by a fallen tree...which five people could certainly move. They decide to abandon their car and walk. Cut immediately to Phelous being stopped in his own car by a twig that's fallen into the road.
Phelous: "Oh no, no, no, NO! What am I gonna do now!? *resigned* Looks like I'm gonna be walking."
- The Dear Sis gag.
- Sub-Zero (after being glitched into Ermac during Phelous's Pulse reviews) comes back to life due to the overload of "FATALITY" jokes Phelous used. Sub-Zero then does a fatality on Phelous when he quotes the song Chinese Ninja Warrior by the Immortals.
Sub-Zero: *triumphantly* "That one is for the guy up in the sky! (Calmer) That one is for you, Johnny Cage. Wait... is he dead still? I don't remember with him anymore. (To the camera) Anyway, I'm gonna visit Reptile before he turns into shitty CGI..."
Let's Play: Silent Hill
- Phelous knows you're not supposed to insert Resident Evil references into a Silent Hill LP, but sometimes he just can't stop himself...
Harry: *staring at a bloody wall where dogs were once chained up* "What the..? What is it?"
Phelous: "Blood. Hope it's not Cheryl's blood."
- And later...
Cybil: "Have you got a gun?"
Phelous!Harry: "I got a shotgu- oh, wait, no I don't."
- He also spends a lot of time calling the Air Screamers names and yelling at them for coming out of nowhere and kicking him in the head and nicknames the Rompers "Humpers" due to their attack animation.
- The Orgasmic Chainsaw was hilarious, too.
- When Harry is trying to explain the Otherworld to Cybil, he dubs in "Must be on drugs" after every sentence.
- When he's in the restroom (I believe that's where he was, anyway), and hears a child crying from offscreen: "SHUT UP!" His tone when he yells it is hilarious.
Dead and Deader
House of the Dead
- Uwe Boll's outburst of "Dun dun dun dunnnnn! Curien!" at the end of the House of the Dead: Funny Version made the whole movie almost worth it to Phelous. Almost.
- And now it seems that it'll be a running gag with him.
- In the same review, Boll's audio commentary is ridiculously unprofessional. He accepts phone calls and eats snacks while recording. Phelous wonders whether this was supposed to be 'funny'. Cut to... him belching and eating crisps as an unseen audience laughs at every single move he makes.
- What really sells this part is how Phelous took some of the most overused comedy clichés (burping and laugh tracks) and actually made them funny.
- The ending of the review, featuring Pester Z. Bum.
- Making up lyrics to the musical theme for Triangle
Black Christmas 2006
Five Across the Eyes
- Phelous's summary of the movie Five Across the Eyes.
- From his crossover review of "La Horde" with Sadpanda, Welshy and ChaosD1... the french subtitles!
"Baguette Croissant! Baguette croissant baguette croissant baguette croissant!"
"Baguette? I'll Croissant."
- Again, three words:
D1: "GRENADES!!! DON'T!!!! WORK THAT WAY!!!!!"
- Followed up with Sadpanda fainting as Welshy springs up, asking "They don't?", with D1 just calmly responding "no" a few seconds after.
- The beginning of the review, when Phelous announces the name of the movie.
Phelous: "It's called The Horde."
Sadpanda: "No no, you're already wrong, Phelous. It's called La Horde, not 'The Horde'."
D1: "And what does that translate to?"
Sadpanda: "'The Horde'."
Phelous: "I hate you, Panda."
- After the group discovers that The Scrappy is the only survivor of the movie:
Phelous: "Oh well, at least after that she dies."
Sadpanda: "Well, not really. We don't see her get killed an-"
Phelous: "She died."
Sadpanda: "I mean, maybe there will be a sequel-"
Phelous: "She died!"
Sadpanda: "Never mind."
- Luke realises that the two can just talk through the camera like the other reviewers do instead, then he follows up with a very brief Film Conscience.
- "This morning, flocks of seagulls- and I ra-a-an, I ran so far awa-a-ay!"
- The ending also qualifies. All 4 minute 36 seconds worth of it.
- His reaction to the scene in which Rod and Nathalie walk on the beach (or more specifically, his reaction to the filmmakers' failure to edit out the sound of the ocean, which drowns out the dialogue): he devolves into a fit of Angrish, growling and roaring at the camera; this quickly cuts to a shot of him with a straight face, saying, "The editing is bad."
- In a call back to La Horde:
"BIRDS!!! DON'T!!! WORK THAT WAY!!!"
- He claims to interview Rod, the woodenly-acted protagonist of film, only to bring out an actual wooden rod.
Phelous: "Whoa, Rod, where was all this energy when you were filming??"
The Human Centipede
- An 'advertisement' for 'Lock You Inside Doors': "It's inconvenient!"
- "Dammit, I can open my door just fine!"
- Around that little sketch, the dramatic musical stings that keep popping up when the doctor says or does something.
- "DUH-DUH-DUH-DUNNN! You are the Curien piece!"
- The return of Hide and Seek, complete with what can only be described as a weird, disjointed acoustic version playing behind it.
- Sad Panda playing an acoustic rendition of the infamous Troll 2 "OH MY GODDDD!" line in place of the usual Channel Awesome jingle.
Resident Evil Afterlife
- Phelous overloading the footage of Drive Thru with references to other movies, including Birdemic, Ghostbusters 2, and IT.
A Serbian Film
- Phelous does a great impersonation of Mr. Mackey from South Park.
- Phelous discovers that the hospital director is played by Tobin Bell. Cue the Saw dialogue every time he talks!
- Boogeyman 3 featured Erin Cahill as the lead role. When the cards are down and she is the only one left, Phelous says that there's only one thing she can do; morph into the Pink Ranger.
- Phelous clearly is on a roll once he starts reviewing Ulli Lommel's godawful original The Boogeyman series. His trademark use of meta-humour really serves him well here, since Lommel just kept splicing footage from the first movie together with new scenes, then called it a sequel. Particular highlights include:
- The Boogeyman: A little boy, after sticking his head through a window and shouting "BOOGEYMAN!", gets killed pathetically when the window half-heartedly closes on his neck. According to Phelous, that death scene almost made up for everything else. Almost.
- Boogeyman II: Phelous' sister, Kyna, has a cameo in the end skit. The ensuing deaths... really must be seen to be believed. They involve a car exhaust pipe... okay... and a toothbrush!
- Return of the Boogeyman. Too many to mention, but here's one of the best:
Annie: "I finally won the battle over evil. The man with no face is gone. Now I must try on my stokings, to prove to myself one last time that I am free."
Phelous: "But now she's become the woman with no legs! Y'know what, that actually made too much sense for this movie."
- He gets increasingly frustrated at the lack of continuity between movies... they even got the main character's name wrong! This culminates in his fake Retcon of the first Boogeyman review:
Phelous: "Hello, Phil? Philip? Are you there?"
Phelous: "Yeah, that's your name now."
- Pick any scene in the Meow Mix review. Anything is hilarious when it comes from a fluffy kitty.
Jeepers Creepers II
Smallville Series Finale
- His video of watching the Smallville series finale and being horrified to see that Clark Kent becomes BATMAN! That's not what REALLY happens, but it does in this video and it's hi-larious!
- Also, his constant laughter and screaming throughout the finale.
- "Princess, you've made a powerful enemy today!"
House of Wax 2006
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010
- Phelous D1 returns again at the end of the Hostel III review! ...and Phelous doesn't care.
"Ha ha ha ha! You never should have installed that tatoo scanner on your door, Phelous!" Phelous:
"Uh... anyway, welcome back to the Phelous in a Hat and Trenchcoat saga! I'm taking you to the elite 'hunt people who are bound up' club!" Phelous:
"BUT I-" Phelous:
"Come on I've got a really good storyline this time, honest!" Phelous:
"No, you're supposed to be a cat still, so go back to that.
"He he he. But you see, time can be rewritten and stuff, so I-" Phelous:
"I don't wanna g-
"No." D1 (Suddenly becomes a cat):
"Aw damn it!"
Julie & Jack
- Pick any part of his Julie & Jack review together with Obscurus Lupa (along with some unexpected Tear Jerker at the end). It helps that their vastly different styles mesh surprisingly well.
- All the Shredder-related jokes in his review of Turtles Forever.
Phelous: "No fucking shit, Shredder. The dimensional portal sent you to another dimension?"
Shredder: "Oh, how was I supposed to know that's what the dimensional portal was for? I thought it was used for making ice-cream."
Phelous: *disbelief* "Ohh, what an idiot."
- The cherry on the cake must go to the episode's stinger, however.
Roller Samurai Vampire Slayers
- Instead of a review, Phelous and Lupa work together on making a deliberately bad movie of their own, Roller Samurai Vampire Slayers, which stars the couple as a crack pair of... well, Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Sorta. Kinda. Almost.
- Several parts are highly amusing, but the best is when Phelous' character (who's a vampire in disguise) monologues about his past to himself, hoping that his Knight Templar partner (played by Lupa) won't find him out. Unfortunately, he was talking aloud instead of thinking... and Lupa was right next to him.
- This scene also allows Phelous to insert unused excerpts of Mortal Komedy.
Child's Play 2
- From the Child's Play 2 review with the Nostalgia Critic:
- When Andy asks if he'll see his mother again:
Phelous: Let me check IMDB, honey. *checks Catherine Hicks' IMDB page* Nope. Your mom doesn't love you and she's never coming back.
- Critic's shit-eating grin after Lampshade Hanging his video's recent mid-rolls.
- The Brick Joke reference to Catherine Hicks' role in Star Trek IV.
Phelous: I guess she was too busy with her precious Star Trek.
Critic: Oh no, this came out long after the Star Trek movie.
Phelous: Really? I thought "Homeward Bound" came out after this.
Critic: ...who are you?!
- When Chucky smashes Tommy's face in and buries him under the swing. Phelous thinks it's the greatest encounter in the film, bar none.
- The Critic and Phelous swapping bodies at the end...except it doesn't really work, but the Critic just keeps going on as if he's Phelous anyway, practically making fun of him. The icing on the cake goes to him interrupting the end of the Channel Awesome jingle by screaming the last notes.
Critic: *laughs* You should be the one doing this imitation, he sounds more like you!
- Phelous' April Fool's review of his own Mortal Komedy, from start to finish. You could hardly get any more meta, and Phelous milks the concept for all its worth.
- Phelous's glosses over previous Amityville sequels (though he mentions that the house blew up in both films and somehow got better) because this is the one he's been waiting for; why? "EVIL FUCKING LAMP". The movie's absurd enough with having a haunted lamp as the villain, but he makes it even sillier; giving the lamp dialogue.
- Every times Phelous gives dialogues to the Lamp:
"I AM THE FACE OF THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!"
"Don't laugh at me! I AM EVIL INCARNATE IN A LIGHT UP ROOM, DAMN IT!!"
"Hey! Put me down, damn it! I am the ultimate evil power! FEEEL MY WRATH! THE WRATH OF LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!"
- Especially hilarious are the exchanges it has with the cat:
Evil Lamp: "What do you think YOU are doing, cat?"
Evil Lamp: "THE BIIIIIRRRRD IS MIIIINE! AHAHAHAHA!"
Cat: "Eeee, whatever; it would have been a lot of effort to get into that cage, anyway..."
- The scene with the little girl believing the lamp is her father. Cue her mother taking her away:
"I don't like the insinuation that I screwed a lamp! You are grounded!"
- At one point we see the girl's room trashed, with crayon scribbles on the wall. This leads to an imagine spot of the lamp, holding crayons, walking into the room. "Ahahahaha! No one will suspect the lamp drew on the wall with crayon! No one suspects the laaaamp, haha!"
- Riiing "Collect call from EVIL LAMP. Will you accept the charges?"
Man's Best Friend
- Aladdin has several, from the fakeout in which Phelous reveals this isn't the Disney Aladdin to Phelous mimicking the villain's ("Jafart") poorly animated movements.
- The various Aladdin jokes in the Shredder review (the male lead being Aladdin's voice actor).
Aladdin: "You, the world's oldest living virgin?"
Jafar: "I'm saving myself!"
Aladdin: "Yeah, for a farm animal."
*Iago freaks out*
- He plays a scene unedited which skips about and cuts randomly due to the poor nature of the film transfer, leading to:
Phelous: *Calmly* Could be a LITTLE less awk *Cut, suddenly raging* HELL'S GOING ON HERE?!?!
Blood Rayne 2
- This scene from his BloodRayne 2 review:
Phelous (referring to an annoying reporter character he doesn't like): "Please kill him!!"
(A picture of the character appears with the words "He doesn't die", followed by Phelous singing "Doodly Derpy Derp DOOP DOOP DOOP" like Kermit the Frog.)
(Both the original Clint Howard
's lines and Phelous' imitations are hysterical.)
In the Name of the King
- His review of In The Name Of The King involves a lot of his jokes being puns based off of Lord of the Rings. And they're all hilarious.
Child's Play 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Figures
Halloweenie Series 2012
- His reviews as "Halloweenie". Everything. From the fake skull "mask", to the skull on his desk wearing a baseball hat and glasses (no doubt a reference to this picture he posted on Twitter), to the hamminess, to the Special Effects Failure, to the intentionally shoddy editing, and to the horrible "jokes".
Halloweenie: They FUNSIZED my pumpkiiin! I'm lying, it's an orange. I don't know how to carve a pump- (straight to next cut)
Halloweenie: For years we've been sold on these mini lies with the lie fun-size. Well, do you know what's fun to me? Killing pe- More Candy!
Rob Zombie's Halloween 2
- "Did you just talked? No! I don't want to hear another word from you. And I sure hope it doesn't happen again!" *Winks*
- "Besides this is not a remake. This is an original... Pile of Crap."
- The first dialog between Child!Michael and his mom.
: I just feel a little sick after my actor change
. Did we really need more scenes of me?
Phelous!Rob Zombie's wife
: Of course we did, honey. We need to bring up the stupid white horse
shit, because my ghost is gonna show up with one all the time, and it symbolizes stuff, so it's got meaning and shit. Clever, right?
Phelous: *Completely deadpan* No.
- "I died so you don't have to~!"
- The conversation between Laurie and the psychiatrist:
Psychiatrist: Laurie, they never found his body.
Phelous!Psychiatrist: There's no reason to be calm, Laurie. He's still out there. He's going to kill you! You need to panic right now!!
- The scene where Loomis complaints about an old picture of "Old Loomis"... said photo is Donald Pleasence's.
- Loomis declaring Michael Myers is Dead, spelling it "D-E-E-D".
Phelous: And we do see in fact Michael Myers IS fucking "Deed", as the Brawny man replaced him.
- His reaction at Michael revealing his leg through a slit in a tunic, after the line of "A Chick dressing as a Dude who wants to be a Chick".
- The face Phelous makes when Michael Myers "talks" (more like makes a subtitle appearing with sparkly sounds) in his Halloween remake review has to be seen to be believed.
- To illustrate how Laurie has become an obnoxious jerk in this sequel, he plays a montage of her more awful moments. It also just so happens to have the "Dog Ending" theme from Silent Hill 2 playing over it.
TMNT: Coming Out of Their Shells
- "Yes, it is I, Colonel Shrader, and I hate reviews!"
- "This costume is almost on par with my Shredder, and that's sad."
- Phelous parodying the visuals of the "Cowabunga" song with "NO" graphics.
- "But before the Turtles can call Shredder a grade-A meanie..."
- This bit when Shredder is insulting the audience:
Concert!Shredder: "Cousin? What's the matter, couldn't get a date?
Phelous!Kid: She is my date!
Phelous!Shredder: Oh, fuck me!
- Shredder's song about how much he hates music causing Baxter Stockman's head explode.
- Pointing out how Concert!Shredder killed three people in the concert.
Phelous: Hope you're taking notes, Shredder.
Phelous!Shredder: If you disguise it under the dumbest plan in the universe you can get away with murder in a children's concert!
- Raphael performing "Walk Straight":
Raphael: You got to walk (walk straight), Talk (talk straight), be (be straight)
Phelous: Whoa, whoa, whoa! People are free to live whatever lifestyle they choose, Turtles!
Raphael: I say "walk", you say "walk straight", I say "talk", you say "talk straight". You say whatever the Turtles say.
Phelous: Why, you fucking bunch of fascists!
TMNT: Gettin Down in Your Town
- From the sequel Gettin Down in Your Town:
- His spot-on impression of Krang.
- The Turtles loudly announcing Splinter's death... over and over again.
The Real Ghostbusters Christmas Carol
- The Action-Figure skit, with Ray having busted a cat.
: You blasting this cat
in particular offends me more than usualnote
Phelous!Ray: Hey, come on, Pete! We can get some roasted cat over on open fire.
(Peter blasts him and Garfield pees on him)
- "And that's the story of how the Ghostbusters killed christmas" *cue The Real Ghostbusters credits*
- "That's right, the ghosts of Christmas get busted! I guarantee you, no other version of a Christmas Carol will have that!" *uproarious laughter*
- His reaction to the tiny bird the butcher gives to the family.
"What the hell is that?! A pidgeon?! So Cratchit and his family are going to die from fine rat meat? You know, what? That's not even big enough to be a full grown pidgeon. This guy fucking killed a baby pidgeon just so he could give Bob Cartchit the smallest fucking bird possible."
"And we never see them again after this scene. So yeah, they fucking starved to death. (Beat
) Merry Christmas!"
- Also pointing out that Egon has to risk his molecular structure, when Slimer could get there instead.
"Scrooge's anti-christmas message must have even resonated with the afterlife, as even stupid Slimer also hates it now, which means he's gonna be even more useless than usual! As instead of sending Slimer to get the ghosts back for them, Egon has to risk altering his molecular structure to that of a ghost so he can go find them."
(Deadpan) "Yeah, almost like you can go instead, you stupid sack of shit."
"Yeah! Get sucked in, Slimer! Oh, damn."
Sonic Christmas Blast
- The title card from the Sonic Christmas Blast episode.
- Phelous dubbing over Scratch's lines (and especially his Annoying Laugh).
- The constant game overs.
- Santa Claus' pessimistic defeatism triggering the ending credits at least four times.
- In slow-mo: "ROBOTNIK, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Super Mario Christmas
- From the Super Mario Christmas double feature review, Phelous repeatedly calls out Toad for caring more about the snowboard Princess Toadstool gave him than his own friends.
- "If you do drugs, you go to Hell before you die. Please."
- Stating that he hopes that Nintendo never gave Yoshi a baby mentality again. Cue clip from Yoshis Story
Phelous: (shaking his fist) Damn you, Yoshi...!
- His reaction to the bug-eyed cave children.
- The ending where he gets a mushroom cap, much to his horror. This is followed by end credits consisting of various characters dancing to "Do The Mario".
- Phelous expresses his love of Bowser's plan: to blow Santa up.
Santa: (as Bob-ombs fall from the sky) Ho-ho-holy shit!
- Watching "New Phelous" attempt to read/pronounce "The Magic of Scheherazade"
- "And now, let's review 'The Magic of Ooh-Sha-Her-Zid-Zad-Doo'... 'Ooh-sha-hair-raz-add-doo'... 'Ooh-sha-rizza-had-sah-doo'... 'Jah-rer-rer-rer-rer-zad'... 'J-j-jeh-her-eh-zir-rad-der'... 'Ooh-ja-ja-her-ah-zer-aid'... Ok, this font is stupid."
- Followed by Phelous D1 scolding him for "...making fun of my favorite game, The Magic of... ...My favorite game!"
- In yet another Take That, New Phelous reviews Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game exactly like The Irate Gamer did.
- This brief callback:
"SUNSETS!!! DON'T!!! WORK THAT WAY!!! No, seriously, uh, Phelan, you and Welshy gotta stop trying to shoehorn in that catchphrase for me to say. It's fuckin' stupid."
- Whenever Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees appear, but the best has to be Freddy Michael Voorhees.
Bootleg Zone videos
- For starters the Title Cards read: "The Bootleg Zone... with the Phaylus!
- His reaction to the "Pure Evil" Turtle from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-esque Turtle Fighters.
- After Phelous points out a red splotch near the mouth of one of the Prodigy Pets, he performs a little skit about Pikachu walking through "Pokémon Land"note and getting attacked by a vampire.
- Performing a Prodigy Pet Poke-Rap...with just Pikachu.
- Acting out an episode of Power Rangers with the Turbo Galaxy Rangers.
- Bat Hero acts utterly pathetic and whiny as a crimefighter, to the point where he even mistakes other crimefighters for criminals. After he kills the Turbo Galaxy Rangers and unwittingly helps Krang steal their transporter, all of the bootleg toys that Phelous reviewed up to that point have Bat Hero lynched.
Bat Hero: "Hmm, my bat sense is tingling."
Blue Turbo Galaxy Ranger: "That's Spider-Man!"
- The Ninja Turtles deciding to beat Shredder...with guns.
- Removing Leo's kimono in Karate Turtles Warriors complete with sexy music, followed by:
"Nakedness in a half shell! Flasher power!"
- Part of The Stinger of the Flying Ranger Bootleg Zone video. Goku arrives, wanting to be a Flying Ranger as well, but is told he can't because he doesn't have wings.
Goku: I have an idea!
*gets shot with a Little Pluckies Ninja Protects, and reappears with a halo and angel wings*
Flying Ranger: Great! Now you can be a Flying Ranger too!
Goku: Nope, I'm dead!
*ascends to Heaven*
- Krang congratulates Steffi Love, the Glitter Diva, for humiliating Bat Hero, calling her more evil than Bebop and Rocksteady. Steffi admits that it doesn't take much to act more evil than them. Bebop and Rocksteady try to counterargue by boasting that at least they haven't eaten any computer chips that day.
- After Phelous discovers that Steffi Love has her own theme song, he makes a music video for it, which consists mostly of Steffi beating people up and hanging out with villains.
- Titanic-Bot has Phelous making fun of how stupid it's a Titanic knock-off to be offended by it.
"Now, How big of an asshole would I be if I put ICE on it? Haha! (Beat) I'm doing a TITANIC THAT TURNS INTO A TRANSFORMER. It's too late for dignity now."
- Bat Hero and Steffi Love try to use the Titanic-Bot to re-enact Rose "flying" in Titanic, but fall face-first into the water due to it being too small for Bat Hero to stand on.
- The whole dang Thomas Transformers review.
- Phelous and Lupa referring to a red-clad Batman and a black-clad Spider-Man as "SpiderBat and ManMan", respectively.
- Since ManMan can't hold his web-shield properly, Phelous and Lupa try to find an alternate use for it. First Phelous sticks it in the hole in ManMan's behind, and spins it around while laughing and playing circus music. Then, Lupa puts it in the hole in ManMan's head, and she and Phelous to it in the rest of the review as a hairpiece.
- The Spider-Man Motorcycle review is just magical, particularly the siren. Its 'siren' is a peppy pop song and instead of racing around it bobs up and down like a very slow mechanical bull.
- Phelous decides to review a bootleg Pokémon game, referred to as Pokémon: Strange Gold. It's actually Pokémon: Lost Silver, complete with Phelous succumbing to Lavender Town Syndrome.
- "INFINITE PLEASURE!" *Cuts to him looking at the toy sadly*
[Dinosaur Invincibility] broke twice over the course of this video and I wasn't even rough on it. (cut to Phelous hitting it with a hammer)
- The Filly Witchy review is especially funny to Bronies since Phelous may be secretly One of Us.
- Baltard: The biggest loser on Planet Ferror!
Silent Hill Revelation
Resident Evil Retribution
- "Barry Celebration time!!"
(After quoting Barry's lines) "Barry doesn't do it at all in this movie, so bet your ass I'm going to do it."
- Phelous actually returned to watch RE-Extinction to count all the naked-Alice visible in the final shot.
Phelous: I hope you enjoy the pointlessness I put myself throught for these videos. You don't? Cool.
- "And now we return to the "Alice Show", where we must save Alice because she's so damn important" (Alice's face mid-sentence, looking retarded) "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!"
- The face was also used previously when pointing out Suburbia!Alice didn't bother to check if "Nicedriguez" was still alive after she picked them.
Phelous: (Retarded!Alice face pops up) Assholeeee!
- Part 2 uses it again.
Phelous!Alice: (Sending Becky alone) Hey, run up ahead. I'll check my wound by myself, That way you can possibly get killed by a zombie by yourself. (Retarded!Alice face pops up) Duuhuuu!
- After pointing out that the Red Queen created zombies that can shoot at people:
Phelous: Wow. Just, wow. I don't even care anymore. She may as well just pull out the rainbow-unicorn-zombie-she-created-online-made-real-from-a-virtual butt rain acid from the ceiling shoot them with his laser eyes. (All completed with a drawing of said unicorn)
- Then another plot-hole from the Red Queen comes.
Phelous: Get ready for all the answers when the unicorn shows up!
- In both parts, Phelous points out Alice is "supposed" to NOT having powers, still kicking zombie ass.
- ''"Bye, Nicedriguez. You might have been completely pointless to the plot, but you showed me Michelle Rodriguez playing a different character"
- His utter disgust to Barry's death scene.
Phelous!Barry: (gets killed) Glad I was in this movie...
Phelous: Good waste of your Barry, Retribution. (adopts Barry voice) You're a stupidity sandwich.
Phelous: THIS MOVIE IS A FARCE! A FUCKING FARCE!
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- As Phelous prepares for the review, he looks for a suitable Hyde in the mirror until he finds Sub-Zero. They each tell him to "do something else", while he responds with a deadpan "no". It gets funnier when Ed Glaser shows up in the mirror.
- Joking that Jon Stewart composed the music for this movie before doing The Daily Show note
- Pointing out how stupid it is for Dr. Jekyll to make the potion that turns him into Mr. Hyde with poison, then gives up.
- "Yes, I am Mr. POOF!"
- "It's almost like people thought the tortured tale of a man with an evil split personality who goes out and murders wouldn't make a good children's cartoon...idiots!"
- The running gag where Lanyon just can't get over that conversation!
- "Stop me if you dare! Ooh, you stopped me! I'm easily defeated!"
- "I have an important task for you Jekyll...you will help me destroy Spider-Man !"
- Smiley. Just...the whole thing.
: Good thing I know how to use internet cheat codes.
- While his review of Jacob's Ladder is mostly depressing, due to Phelous acting more cynical and how it ends, it does have a funny moment where he talks about a scene he likes in the movie where Jacob hears a voice say "Dream on" in the hospital and the source is never shown. He wonders what would happen if those responsible for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D had written the scene. Cue the clip being edited with the infamous poptart jump scare and a Scare Chord.
Aladdin: The Adventure of All Time
- The opening of the video handwaves the dramatic ending of Jacob's Ladder like it was another of Phelous's regular deaths.
- The Running Gag of Paige's grandfather getting out his gun.
- Humpty-Dumpty's graphic note death.
- After Aladdin and Paige make Blackbeard into what he is with the magic lamp, Aladdin cuts his beard, much to Phelous' aggravation.
"YOU DID THIS TO HIM, YOU STUPID ALADDIN-HOLE!"
- Phelous notes that Cleopatra's servant girls wear really skimpy outfits, which normally show the underside of their breasts that barely cover their nipples. Then there is an off model shot of them that makes it look like they're wearing crotchless pants.
Phelous: WHAT THE FUUUCK?! Time for my rating: Aladdin and the Adventure of All Time gets a hard R for nudity!
- Phelous notes that one of the recently released prisoners from prison is a skeleton, who prances around the street. He grimly says that now this undead abomination shall walk the earth forever!
- "...I'm going to hide the lamp in a place it will never be found." "My vagina!"
The Time Machine (I Found At a Yard Sale)
- The dinosaur and Phelous and Lupa's reactions to it.
- Lupa's offscreen Skyward Scream during the belly dancer sequence.
- Fat Grandma steals the show.
- This part of Phelous's end-of-review sketch.
The Gingerdead Man
- Cookie Monster saving the day.
- Phelous' depiction of James Nguyen's "dream wife", which is a picture of James Nguyen Photoshop to have a bird's beak and long, blonde hair.
Prom Night III: The Last Kiss
Beauty and the Beast (Good Times version)
- DERP CAT! WHOO-HOO!
- Phelous points out that this beast looks like a cross between a warthog and a Goomba.
- Beauty's delayed reactions to anything.
- And also her unbelievable bad acting when she "gasps in surprise".
- Him making fun of the animation style. He mostly pokes fun of Beauty's blank expressions and dull eyes.
- The running gag of the father throwing anything useless to the dumpster... even himself and Phelous.
(Phelous gets thrown to the dumpster)
- As well as the running gag of a zoom-in on an Off Model still frame of his wall-eyed face as Phelous goes "EEYUUUUGGHN".
- The naming of Beauty.
Phelous!Dad: I'll name you Beauty. (first ugly sister appears) Oh! Uh, never mind! Uh, I'll name you Beauty! (second sister appears) Oh, damn it! Uh, third time's the charm!
- Phelous harping on the fact that the Beast is afraid he will die a Death by Despair...out of loneliness. Not out of a broken heart, but because he's lonely. Never mind the fact that he had been alone for plenty of time, or the fact that he could call Clara at any time to give him an anti-loneliness power-up.
- As a Running Gag, Phelous inserted bootleg versions of Lumiere and Cogsworth.
- When the father arrives to the castle the first time:
Dad: Hello... Is the master of the castle here?
Dad: I'm a traveler who lost his way.
Phelous!"Lumiere": Bonjour, my friend! I'm Lumiere, and welcome to castle-
Phelous!Dad: Woo, a delicious candle (eats the candle)
Phelous!"Lumiere": Sacre fuckin' bleu.
(Later. While the Beast is beating up snow)
Phelous!Beast: So, you dare to steal from me, Winter? I'll destroy you!
Phelous!"Cogsworth": So... The Beast is still punching snow, huh?
Phelous!"Cogsworth": So, Wanna see if the Beast two castles down needs some servants?
Phelous!"Lumiere": Ho ho! The return of Lumiere. Oh, screw it, I know this is just gonna end badly. I quit.
(Beauty and Beast are left alone in silence)
- Clara being generally useless:
- First she can't distinguish between a door and a window. So she tries to get out from said "door".
- Pointing out how even Clara seems so disinterested in the plot that she started to diss Beauty.
- Also for the dance scene:
Phelous: Who's playing music? Is Clara a one-man band?
: (with a bunch of instruments in front of her) Wow, wow. There's a beauty and the asswipe or something, tale as old-...
) Oh, shit. That's the other one. Who gives a fuck. Goin' out to piss on those flowers.
Lion and the King
- THE CROCODILE'S NAME IS DUNDEE?!!
- Lingering on and repeating several of the more laughable quotes in slow-motion.
The diamonds! My God!
Myu-Myu: Do you think we can be friends?
Robin: Nah, I think we should be enemies.
- Phelous later splices in the last quote into a scene with Robin and Dundee, resulting in Dundee walking away with sad Peanuts music playing.
- His reaction to the narrator "weasels", especially when they explain past events.
Weasel: You remember the black panther who gained power in the jungle...
Phelous: NO!!! I DON'T!!! WHY WOULD I REMEMBER THAT?!!!
- When the weasels start flubbing their lines multiple times, we cut to a clip of Phelous presumably giving a Cluster F-Bomb with the audio muted.
- The fact that his gag dubbing over the movie fits better than the actual dubbing of the movie.
- The "animation" finally breaks Phelous.
Phelous: Aaahh! Just... STOP! Every damn frame of this is WRONG!!!
- His impressions of, and commentary on, the ridiculous voices and bad voice acting.
Not!Zazu: (Nasally) You have to go back to your father immediately!
Phelous: (Plugging his nose) If you plug your nose, it's an AMAZING voice!
- "Shut up, Dundee."
- Sometimes, one of the characters asks a question, and the response they get is the same question.
Robin: (to the vultures) Hi, um, do you know what happened to the panther's diamonds?
Vulture: Why, what happened to the diamonds?
Phelous: (Says "What happened?" 5 times, imitating Robin, the vulture, Dundee, Not!Zazu, and Not!Simba)
Myu-Myu: Anyway, do you know where the hiding place is?
Female Gorilla: It's not that easy. Do you know where the hiding place is?
Phelous: It's the law of the jung-sert, answer a question with the same question! Surprisingly, not much is accomplished here.
The King: From now on, nobody sleeps around here.
Phelous: (as the elephant) Ohhhh, I knew we should have joined the panther!
- SCENE INTERRUPTING BEAR!!!!
Beauty and the Beast (Golden Films version)
- The jump scare at the beginning:
- MINI DAD!!!
- Phelous deciding that the dad in this version is too boring, so he possesses him with spirit of "Old Man" from the Good Times version.
- After absolutely no chemistry between Beauty and the Beast:
Beast: But know this: if you do not return in one week's time, by the first snowfall, then I will die of a broken heart.
Phelous!Beauty: Wow, that sounds wonderful! Do you really mean it?
Phelous!Beast: Fuck, we really haven't had any moments yet, have we? Just come back, dammit, I need someone to yell at or I'll die.
Phelous!Beauty: Sounds worth it!
- "Mustache-enezer, for your crimes against humanity, particularly those four daughters, you have been sentenced to death!" *cue a fire effect over the dad with Phelous making painful crying sounds*
- Mr. Leonard and Kaptain Krispy having a funeral for the stepped-on bag of chips.
- Phelous and Brad's voiceovers:
Phelous!Lieutenant X: (to Cheasel) Weasel your way up my ass. You're already lubricated, I see.
Brad!Cheasel: Speaking of ass, I've got you covered for an emergency bathroom, and a kitten. I'm a sick fuck!
Phelous!Lieutenant X: And straws for the felching afterwards!
Brad!Cheasel: Oh, okay, uh, you're the sick fuck!
Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust
Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver
Cricket on the Hearth