open/close all folders
- Pretty much every time Gordon decides to have a little fun by making a joke or pulling a prank at the expense of Jean-Philippe and his unflappable stuffiness.
Time to prepare these chickens. (brings cleaver up, then drops it next to the chook) Not these chickens, you doughnuts.
- Or the pranks he pulls on the chefs. One episode had them woken up by chickens, which they were to catch and bring down to the kitchen, then he took one as if to butcher it.
- Another time was in season 7, where Chef Scott woke them up to get changed, and the chefs think they're going to a slaughterhouse. They see a pig pen outside, think they're adorable, then see Chef Ramsay grimly sharpening a knife. Turns out they weren't to butcher the pigs, but chase them for ingredients attached to them.
- For that matter, about half the insults he throws around are absolutely hilarious, as long as you aren't fond of the recipient. For someone who specializes in the Cluster F-Bomb, Ramsay's occasional use of "bozo" will crack you up.
- Then there was that time in season 6 (the vegetarian challenge for kids) that has Ramsay grab onto Jean Philippe and throw him around like a ragdoll...with poor Jean being the target of confetti and party poppers!
- The blind taste test often evokes these. Expect some truly Epic Fail moments. Like confusing lobster with egg yolk.
- Season 15's Frank takes the cake, at one point responding "snickers".
- From Television Without Pity
- "How do you make a burrito into "fine dining"? Microwave it while watching Downton Abbey, of course!"
- Next, we get a suspiciously good close-up of Nilka cutting into some uncooked chicken. Gordon is angry. "Raw! Raw! Raw!" Thatís the spirit! Rah, rah, rah!
- On a few occasions, a customer will go up to the kitchen and ask Gordon some questions. While no malice is intended, the customer is interrupting kitchen operations and the customer gets a good telling off. In the funniest instance, a particularly persistent, not to mention particularly busty, female customer is verbally pwned. (Said guest ruined two dishes in revenge and had to be escorted out by security.)
- Every time they've done the "Run the pass" challenge later in the season, Scott and Maryann/Gloria/Heather/Andi will make deliberate mistakes. Every time the contestant catches them, Scott's responses are an amusing case of Bad "Bad Acting".
- Every time Chef Ramsay does a "GET OUT!!" or "F*CK OFF!!" kicking a chef or the whole team out of the kitchen.
- This video that was released during April Fools Day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZIXEXqSdtw
- In a late Season 1 episode, Elsie is doing tableside Caesar salad and a guest makes a trivial complaint (which his fellow guests call him out on). JP's response is particularly amusing.
- In the blind taste test, Jimmy is given Chicken. His guess:
Jimmy:It tasted like meat tortellini with a bit of sweated onions in the background'''
- Gordan nearly falls over from shock while everyone is cracking up.
- Michael presented one dish with the mushrooms carved out in the "HK" letters. Gordon soon asks if he had it tattooed on his ass.
- "You cook like old people fuck". This was from Michael, who was reasonably The Quiet One, which out of nowhere.
- He then practices being assertive by reciting all of Ramsay's insults out loud. Ralph was really amused by this.
- A subtle, but priceless example in the season 2 finale. As Chef Ramsay looks over Virginia's dining room, he praises the lighting because ladies like to be lit up. Virginia comments, "It's interesting that you know that."
- Virginia's response in the signature dishes (she had made a salad):
Ramsay: Is there anything cooked in this dish?Virginia(in a hopeful tone): The nuts are toasted.
- The customers become so impatient for food on opening night that they chant, "We want our food!", forcing Ramsay to shut the kitchen down.
- Jen's reaction to the "lame duck" incident in episode 5.
Ramsay: What is that?Jen: That's a duck breast.
- She wasn't lying. The duck breast was the only thing on the plate. And it was rubbery and overcooked at that.
- There's also Chef Ramsay's reaction when the domes come off, and he just looks like he's trying not to explode.
- Before the food was served, there's the soon-to-be married couple's entrance into Hell's Kitchen. As they're walking in, Ramsay starts clapping for them...only to turn around and give an annoyed, "Clap, you idiots!" look to the contestants.
- Rock and Bonnie have to clean the dorms, where Bonnie says she cannot clean despite being a nanny and needs to eat, drink, rest, etc. When Rock sarcastically asks if she needs anything else and she asks for a foot rub, Rock makes an absolutely hilarious bug eyed crazy face like he's about to snap clean in two, worse than when he scored his own bleep-o-fucking meter on having to sort through trash, this time it's clearly Played for Laughs.
- The chefs getting assertiveness training. Bonnie in particular takes it Up to Eleven.
- Bonnie's reaction to the covered up lobster tank, thinking it was a piano.
- In a deleted scene from the finale when Josh and Vinnie are on Rock's team, they make the mistake of asking Sous Chef Scott how long on the garnish. His reaction is priceless.
Sous Chef Scott: Am I in charge of the garnish now because you two fucking dickheads can't handle it? Green beans are coming right up. How long on the garnish because you two douchebags can't handle it? "How long on the fucking garnish?" I love that.
- Craig's first appearance on the Confession Cam wearing his Nice Hat. The camera has zoomed out to where his head is barely in the frame so you can see how freaking tall his hat is.
- Ramsay asked if he had "Small Boy Syndrome" downstairs.
- Matt's Exotic Tartar, made with venison, caviar, diver scallops, and white chocolate. Ramsay asked at first if he was being Punk'd. The fact that it made him throw up is just the icing on the cake.
Ramsay: Do you smoke?Matt: Cigarettes??Ramsay: No.
Narrator: With Rosann's dish receiving a good review from Chef Ramsay, things might be looking up.Ramsay: (Lifts up the tray cover) Oh, fuck me.Narrator: Or are they?Ramsay: What in the fuck...Happy Halloween?Ramsay: Right now, looking at that mess, I'd like to stick your fucking head in there, you know that.
- Petrozza's dish, which was a cornish game hen stuffed in a pumpkin. The dish's name? "Hen in a Pumpkin."
- During the Blue Team's disastrous first service, Chef Ramsay describes Louross as "running around like a toilet brush."
Ramsay: All of you, come here! RUN, DOMINIC! YOU LAZY FUCKER!
- In relation to that chicken episode above, there's a shot of Bobby, the guy who calls himself the "Black Gordon Ramsay", stroking the chicken in his hands in nervousness. One of the contestants (I believe it's Jason) covers his chickens eyes.
- During the chicken cutting challenge, Jason goes on a long confession cam speech about how the men will totally own the women because they're men. Immediately afterward, Ramsay tells Jason to get his hands off the desk, picks up a piece, and asks, "Did you fuck the chicken?!"
- Chef Ramsay's comment to Jason, after Jason said he ran his ass off trying to help his team.
Ramsay: You move like a fucking tortoise giving birth.
- Episode 4: Ramsay has been getting angry with Ben, for his constant excuses as well as early celebration with Bobby. After dinner service, Ramsay has some choice words for Ben. Craig's reaction most likely matched the audiences.
Ramsay: Ben, what you've done and your ambitions, you do, seriously, suprise me.Ramsay: You surprise me to how shit you are.Ben: (Looks down, embarrassed) Oh...thank you...
Ben: I'm just gonna keep giving you 100%, Chef. Every day.Matt: And I'll give you 125%, Chef.Ramsay: *Looks at Craig, expectantly*Craig: I don't know percentages...Ramsay: *Slaps his leg in frustration*Craig: ...But just, over that.
- The moment right before elimination:
Craig: Thank you, Chef.Ramsay: Thank you. ...Yes, thank you, for giving me a fucking headache.
- Finally, Chef Ramsay's parting words for Craig.
- During one of the punishments, the losing team had to dress up in white jumpsuits. Louross decided to have a little fun with his by hiking it up so his head couldn't be seen and running around as though he was a ghost.
- Jason was unable to keep his soufflés from sticking to the cups, and mentioned to Ramsay that he was going to try brushing sugar and cocoa around the rim to prevent this (for those of you that don't know, this is the first thing you're supposed to do when cooking a soufflé). After hearing this, Gordon stood there slack-jawed for a few seconds before going to the counter in between the kitchens...and bashing his forehead against it repeatedly.
Louross: (in confession cam) Oh my god! That was the most ghettoist thing that's ever happen in this kitchen!
- Episodes later, Louross is tanking hard on the meat station and his beef wellington isn't going up to pass. Petrozza gets a crazy idea: slice a sliver off to reveal that the meat's cooked well. Louross is cursing and stating that it wouldn't work. Cue Scott stating it was good.
- During one of the punishments, Jean-Philippe is trying to get a smile out of Jen, which doesn't work. So later on, he brings in a live crab and starts teasing Jen with it.
- In season 4, the assertiveness training that the last 3 contestants got. In preparation for getting a chance to run the kitchen, Gordon teaches each of the contestants how to be more aggressive. Seeing Gordon encouraging them to scream at him and cuss him out is priceless.
- When a fire starts in the kitchen, two girls on the Red Team try blowing on it.
- Danny's signature dish was a grilled banana. Gordon calls him banana's and we get this:
Ramsay: "Where did this idea come from?"Danny: "I pulled it out of my ass chef."Ramsay: "Put it back in their cause it sucks".
- Robert was single-handedly keeping the appetizers flowing during Lacey's ultimately fatal meltdown on the meat station, and got going so fast that he ended up busting open the seat of his pants. Even if you consider that type of thing to be puerile, Robert's nonchalant reaction to the situation in both the kitchen and the Confession Cam inserts was brilliantly funny. (RIIIIIIIIP!)
"I'll cook in my boxer shorts. I don't give a shit."
(To Lacey): "Dude, I swear to God, if you win this, I will hang up my coat and become a crack whore dude."(Upon hearing Ben's idea to put poached halibut on the menu): "I can just imagine a group of old fuddie-duddies sitting around in the dining room going [in a faux-sophisticated tone] 'I'll have the poached halibut, with extra poached please'."(Finding out he has to make a dish of only 700 calories): "I take 700 calorie BITES."(In an increasingly high-pitched voice): "Can't take da heat, get out da kit-CHEEEEEEEEN!"
- Honestly, Robert may very well be the funniest contestant the show has ever had:
- During the blind taste test challenge, Robert and Giovanni went up against each other. Neither got a single point. One particular moment comes from their confession cam reaction to the pea tendrils.
Giovanni: Pea tenders? What are those?Robert: Pea tendrils? Do I look like I eat fucking pea tendrils?
Robert: Tasted like shit, whatever it was!
- The Blue Team was confident that Robert would guess black truffle correctly, as they were his favorite. Ramsay was bemused by this, and without skipping a beat, asks Robert what he just tasted.
- At the beginning of the challenge, Ben and Andrea were asked to put on blindfolds and headphones. Andrea starts dancing to the music, and Ramsay tests out the headphones by calling Ben "You fat fuck"...to which Ben doesn't react at all.
- Episode 9 was particularly funny. During one of the challenges, Paula (a normally rational contestant) was looking for a piece of kitchen equipment and she asked Chef Ramsay if he could find a chinois for them. Predictably, he told her to fuck herself and asked her if she wanted a latte as well.
- In that same episode, Chef Ramsay calls Ben a "shellfish bastard" when he found that Ben was hiding a bottle of alcohol.
- Paula's nomination in Episode 11, even though she had a flawless performance that night (and most of the past ones for that matter). Andrea had by far the worst performance that night, but won an immunity card from the recent challenge, leaving options very limited. When Andrea told Chef Ramsay Paula, he was taken aback (while Paula actually chuckled) and asked why. She justified it with "lack of communication," which was blatantly false. He noted to himself that this should be quick. He asked Paula why she should stay. She started explaining how she felt like she had been a solid performer throughout the competition. Chef Ramsay cuts her off in the middle of her first sentence and tells her to get back in line. He wasn't kidding about it being quick.
- Episode 13. After a good dinner service, the cooks had a little fun with Chef Ramsay.
Chef Ramsay: Look closely. Do you notice anything different?Paula: Your hair?Chef Ramsay: My hair? No, not my fucking hair.Andrea: You have a spot on your jacket?Chef Ramsay: (looks down at his jacket first) No! What's different?Andrea: You're smiling!Chef Ramsay: Exactly!
- The finale, when Chef Ramsay "announced" the winner. (Warning, spoiler alert)
Chef Ramsay: The winner... of Hell's Kitchen...lives in Florida.(Cut to Paula's mouth dropping)Paula: (Confession Cam) Oh my God. That's me! I live in Florida!(Then she frowned as she had an "oh wait" moment)Paula: (Confession Cam) Wait a second...Danny lives in Florida too.
- An early episode had a scene in which Chef Ramsay scolded Seth for his ineptitude in cutting beef, telling everyone to "Look at the fucking waste!" During this scene, there's a quick shot of Ben's reaction, which can best be described as, "D8".
Giovanni: (Confession Cam) He molested that poor thing! People have gone to jail for less, it looked like he went at it with a jackhammer.
- From that same scene, Gio's reaction when he saw what happened:
- Twice in the premiere where Chef Ramsay suffers a Heroic B.S.O.D., once over pasta and once over lamb chops, and he begins to lose his voice he's so worked up.
"Look. At. This. Look! Look! Look! What the fuck is this?!?!?"
- After Joseph's meltdown, culminating in him attempting to challenge Gordon to a fight he storms out of the dining room... and trips over the landing where the bar is situated. Ramsay, not missing a beat, says "Watch the step."
- Gordon had a little kid impersonate him and tell the candidates they suck. It starts with four contestants see a silhouette of Ramsay pace back and forth from upstairs looking flustered. Cue the kid coming down the stairs. This sets up the challenge to make eighty vegetarian dishes, except it turns out that once done it's for eighty vegetable hating kids. The look on each chef's face tells the story: they're hosed. Dave's reactions were particularly hilarious:
Dave: I don't work well with children!Dave: (passing out dishes with his good arm) That's me, the one armed bandit! (cut to him in confession cam) I basically sold myself.
Mini-Gordon: Dave, I don't know how you do it with one arm. Bloody hell, if you were a horse I would've shot you by now!
- Mini-Gordon also had some lines that were absolute gold:
- Sabrina saying to the Confession Cam "You guys are dorks," with a lungful of helium.
- It can be safely said that Season 6 would be the most hilarious season, with a bicycle punishment and a video that pretty much vouches for at least one third of the season's hilarity.
- The sausage-making challenge. Oh my God, the Double Entendre puns just went flying, including such lines as "Gentlemen, clearly comfortable with your meat." (To put this into context, several of the men had hand-made sausages before, while the women were a little more nervous.)
- Although a lot of people found Tenille annoying, they have to admit that she had some funny one-liners. Like her reaction to Suzanne's drawn out monologue while showcasing the crepe she made.
"You sauteed some meat and onions. And put it inside a crepe. Just say that!"
- "Suzanne, there's five minutes left. Why are you asking me NOW how I feel about the menu?"
- Jim also deserves some mention.
Chef Ramsay: Jim, do me a favor.Jim (confession): I'm not intimidated by anybody.Chef Ramsay: Take your coat off.Jim: (immediately) Ok. (takes coat off)Jim (confession): [Beat] Alright, I'm a little intimidated by Chef Ramsay.
- Some of the one-liners in his confession cam segments also count. Especially his description of Jean-Phillipe coming in on a boat with a "sock stuffed down his pants."
- When Ramsay asks Jean-Philippe what his problem with Van is he says there's a language barrier.
Ramsay: What do you mean a language barrier? He's speaking English, you dick.Jean-Philippe: I know but he's from Texas.Ramsay turns away, unable to stop himself from smiling
- The final 3 were tasked with creating dishes suited to a specific nation's cuisine. Dave received Indian, which he had never cooked before, and he was struggling to pick a protein for his dish, as he knew that in Indian culture, certain animals were highly revered, and some of those animals were on the menunote . Dave summed this up perfectly, in one of the funniest possible tones:
Dave: The goal is to not cook an animal that India worships...
Dave: Why did I choose pork for my protein? I just screwed myself up.
- He chose pork for his dish, and learned that pork was definitely not a meat you served to Indians. His response:
You're not supposed to drink duck.
- In one episode, part of the blue team's punishment was to drink a blended-up mixture of various fine dining meals, resulting in this quote, which Dave's deadpan tone made hilarious:
- Tennille thinking venison was lamb for one of her dishes. Ramsay instantly knew it wasn't a lamb.
Sabrina: They kept calling it lamb, there is no lamb that's purple.
- In the episode that followed the start of Joseph's meltdown, Ramsay opted not to eliminate either of the nominees (Lovely and Tennille) due to Joseph removing himself and Tony having been eliminated earlier on. Ramsay had one more thing to say before dismissing everyone: "I'm nobody's bitch", while mimicking Joseph's accent. This got a laugh out of all of the contestants, and was likely a much-needed bit of whiplash for them after the past couple days of drama.
- Ramsay did it again in the outtakes (shown while the credits were rolling during the finale). In the same way as Joseph, he tells both Kevin and Dave "You are nobody's bitch", making them crack up once more.
- Gordon Ramsay praising a contestant for their excellent cooking and then making out with her in front of everyone (To the shock of all of the other contestants.) and then it's revealed that it's actually his wife in disguise.
- Seeing the normally straitlaced high school teacher Ed get drunk in the dorms was hilarious.
- When a little girl was drawing a picture while she was waiting to be served her food. Her drawing? An image of Gordon Ramsay screaming "YOU DONKEY!"
- During the dining room cleaning punishment after the chefs get their black jackets, Jay and Holli repeatedly make sex jokes towards each other.
Jay: Holli, you should probably polish the wood.Holli: You spray, I'll polish?Jay (confession): I have two goals in Hell's Kitchen, one is to win, and the other is to sleep with Holli.Holli (confession): We don't talk about food, we talk about sex.
- The final line...
Jay: Hopefully I can get [Holli's] pants off tonight!
- During the signature dish challenge, Sabrina yawns and Chef Ramsay takes the piss out of her for it and makes her sit down and then says sarcastically "Would you like a drink?" and after she declines, comments that he hasn't tasted her food and he's already pissed with her.
- From the first elimination round of season 8:
Gordon: Are you the most experienced chef in here?Raj: Yes.Gordon:...You been cooking longer than me.Raj: Yes.Gordon:....*BLEEP*
- Everything that Raj does in general. Especially in one episode where he does karate moves while drunk, made even funnier thanks to the editor. A quote from one reviewer:
THEY MADE A MOON COME OUT OF RAJ'S DRUNKEN HANDS WHILE HE WAS DOING KARATE. I teared up.
- This line from episode 4:
Jill: Well make us something delicious for dinner!(Drunk) Vinny: I'm delicious.
Trev: You don't wanna make out a lil' bit?Gail: Not really. (laughs)Cut to the Time Passes Montage, and a scene of the chefs preparing for service.
- From the same episode, Trev complains about his team with Gail.
- After the Blue Team won the challenge in episode 6, they compare the works of art to Gail, Trev (who had been shifted over to the Red Team), and Raj (who had been eliminated). The editing crew decided to impose the contestants' faces on the artworks.
- The Blue Team lost a challenge where the punishment was being made to sort trash for recycling. As the Red Team left for their reward, Trev (who had been transferred back to the Blue Team after a short stint on the Red Team) ran towards the Red Team covered in trash and yelled "GIVE US A HUG! DON'T YOU MISS ME?" The Red Team ran away.
- During a challenge Sabrina is ready to propose to guest judge Chef Ludo, then when she works out from him speaking French that her dish is visually not up to par she dumps him on confession cam, only to beg to be taken back when he thinks it tastes good.
- At one point, Raj starts eating food in the middle of service. Boris asks him not to in this queasy tone, and then Ramsay notices and calls him out. At which point, Raj starts gushing about how good the food is, to which Ramsay gives him a Death Glare. Cut to Raj still gushing about the food, and then back to Ramsay giving him an even more intense Death Glare. And Raj still doesn't get the hint to shut up. Cue confession cam.
Raj: How could Chef Ramsay blame me for eating all this delicious food. It's fantastic.Ramsay: *Pats his stomach* Have you got enough in there?!
- During the fusion challenge in the penultimate episode before the final, Trev is tasked with fusing Chinese and Mexican food. He notes that there is a lot of spice in his dish, which causes a pan fire (intentionally). When the flames finally die out, Ramsay walks behind Trev and drops a fire extinguisher on the counter
Gordon: Watch your hair.
- After 6 horrible services, Ramsay decides to prank Rob at Episode 7 by asking him to take off his jacket only to give him a clean one and tell him to get back with line with Nona. He then tells everyone that they're not getting eliminated due to a great service and ask them to relax, cueing to everyone laughing and Rob stating this:
- When chewing out Gail for making fish that stuck to the pan in episode 11, Ramsay almost hit himself in the face when he hit the table and catapulted some tongs directly up. He noticeably flinched, too.
- Also in this episode, Trev takes over the appetizer station and prepares salads for Sabrina and we hear this:
- Episode 2: Ramsay asks the Blue Team, winners of the challenge, to say why they're cooking. After Monteray and Will give humble answers, Brendan goes on a looooong speech about how great he and his family think of him to be in regards to cooking. Ramsay gives a simple "Wow." Will on the other hand, in the confession cam, decides to mock him.
- Episode 8 has the Red Team go to a comedy club as a reward and the comedian jokes about how she wishes Gordon Ramsay was there when she was in labor with her child because he would have gotten her baby out quicker and how he would have yelled "It's RAW!" when it was born.
- One of the blue team's punishments for losing a challenge was to peel a massive amount of grapes. Tommy started cracking a lot of incredibly bad grape-related puns, which Natalie got tired of. Combined with the tedious job of peeling, this culminated in her throwing grapes onto the floor and stomping on them, shouting that she was done with grapes. Tommy then made another related pun, and Natalie answered by throwing grapes at him.
- Elise tells Ramsay that the reason why her Beef Wellington didn't cook right is because Tommy, who wasn't even on her team, scored it improperly during prep work. Ramsay stares at her slack-jawed for a moment, then waves her over to the blue kitchen, where Tommy is working. "I wanna see what you say to him, c'mere you."
- Made funnier by the fact that the tape shows Tommy clearly telling Elise that he isn't going to score her Wellingtons, which jump cuts to a scene of Elise scoring the Wellingtons herself.
- Jennifer and Elise are put up to leave, Jennifer because she never talks in the kitchen and Elise because, well because she's Elise. "I have two chefs, one who can't fucking talk, and one who can't fucking shut up".
- Chef Ramsay actually summons a bigger fish and scares the contestants.
- Ramsay repeatedly teasing Tommy about having a 19-year-old girlfriend.
- In the finale, Paul and Will open up a giant present box, where the past contestants make their entrance from. Tommy makes his memorable by mooning the two of them the moment the box is opened. Paul drops this gem.
Paul: All of the past contestants... and Tommy's ass.
- In the first episode, sous chef Andi removed a wig, revealing that she's just as bald as sous chef Scott! Even better, Scott said that the contestants would have to shave their heads to prove to Ramsay that they are dedicated to the competition. Two people actually did get their heads shaved by Scott, and then he told Danielle, who in the confessional had said that she didn't want her head shaved, that it was her turn...but Ramsay appeared at the last second and told Scott to leave the contestants alone. It later turned out that the two people who had their heads shaved were friends of Scott's, and Andi was wearing a bald cap.
- Royce, after having utterly struck out at trying to wrest leadership from Patrick, tried to hit on Kimmie by asking her if she wanted to use him as a loofah! The man is such an example of Small Name, Big Ego it's impossible not to laugh when he gets his butt handed to him (which happens often).
- Even more hilarious was when he failed miserably at one of the challenges, his dish had a piece of hair in it! Everyone's reaction was priceless.
- Kimmie's "rap"(if you can all that) in the 9th episode.
- The girls sighing over David Beckham in episode 11. Particularly Christina:
He's come in riding a unicorn with rainbows behind him, eating a cupcake. He is a magical creature. I like women, and even I think Beckham's fucking hot.
- Brian, due to his goofiness.
(After Robyn rolls a D in the craps challenge): We needed a protein...D...so what was going in my mind was protein protein protein protein duck duck duck duck protein protein protein protein duck duck duck duck...
- And then Robin calls Dragonfruit, and we get Brian in the confession room slapping himself.
- After the men win a shopping spree, Robyn can't resist getting a taunt in as they leave:
Robyn: Have fun being girls!
- The Red team, after losing the blind taste challenge, attempting to stop the Blue team from leaving for their reward by barricading the entrance with heavy boxes.
- After — for the first time ever — both teams fail to score a point in a challenge, resulting in both teams getting punished, Dana says "Hell's Kitchen, Season 10! We're making history! Because we suck!"
- For the value profit challenge, everyone's given $15 and manages to stay under budget except for Justin who is 77 cents over. Justin asks Chef Scott of all people for 77 cents, who quickly shakes his head.
- Three of the four final chefs have garbage-sorting as a punishment, and Justin is about to be sick from the smell:
Barbie: If you're gonna puke, do it in the organic one.
- When Barbie is running the pass, she calls out the orders while facing away from the kitchen, Dana makes fun of her in the confessional by facing away from the camera whilst talking:
Dana: Barbie! We can't hear you if you're not looking at us!
- In the finale, Ramsay declaring that, for the first time ever, he is going to declare the winner immediately following service. "The winner, of Hell's Kitchen Season 10, is...Tavon!" For reference, Tavon was the first eliminated contestant, who failed to live up to his "executive chef" title.
- Also from the finale, Justin was yelling at Royce for messing up the fish, and Royce was shown imitating Justin in the confessional as such:
Royce: [clutching his face] I'M FREAKING OUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT!!! I CAN'T KEEP MY FACE ON!!!!!!!
- Barbie's facial expressions throughout the entirety of season were flat-out hilarious, especially whenever she displayed suspicion, surprise or annoyance.
- Ramsay's reaction is that's such a silly statement he pulls faces trying not to laugh.
- Jean-Philippe's long-awaited return to the show after three seasons off...consisted of him walking through the front door carrying a ton of luggage, tripping over a chair, and getting yelled at by Ramsay. You expected any different?
- The narrator's deadpanning about Gina and her "special friend.", aka the puppet.
- Episode 5, overweight contestant Jeremy briefly went to the hospital after getting dizzy during the blue team's fourth straight punishment, and upon his return, informed his worried teammates of the doctor's diagnosis: "I wasn't eating enough". The rest were quite incredulous.
Ray: Doctor says you gotta eat more...I think you need a second opinion.
- When the blue team FINALLY managed to win a challenge, they were rewarded with a trip to go paintballing, and the men seized the opportunity to attack Dan.
Zach: It's Operation Kill Dan!
- One particular exchange during episode 6 as the men's team is sinking horribly.
Ramsay: Hey! Dumb and Dumber!Ray and Dan (in unison): Yes chef!
- Zach describing Nedra's advice/critique of the blue team as sounding like "Charlie Brown's teacher".
- In Episode 17, the chefs had to make meals using pressure cookers. Cue these responses:
Susan: I have never ever used a pressure cooker before.Ja'Nel: I have never used a pressure cooker before.Mary: I...have a pressure cooker at home! (cue ding noise as camera shows Mary smiling)
- Also in Episode 17, Ramsay calling the chefs from the dorms to introduce them to their opponents during service; Susan, in the shower, was forced to wear a towel on her head.
- In the finale, Anthony said in the confessional about Nedra:
"To use one of Nedra's analogies, she's struggling like 'two fat bitches'. I don't know what that means but she seems to be doing it."
- Rochelle's Establishing Character Moment, where she breaks down into a burst of giggles in front of a live audience, explains to Ramsay that her laughter comes up when she's nervous or excited, and then her Confession Cam where she tries (emphasis tries) to introduce herself before it's reduced to laughter once again.
- Simone saying that Ramsay reminded her of a teddy bear, and her strategy would be that every time he yelled at her, she'd just close her eyes and repeat "teddy bear, teddy bear, teddy bear..."
- Mike's decision to use pre-packaged tortellini and canned tomatoes in his signature dish. When he first reveals his tortellini isn't fresh, Ramsay's head snaps up, his eyes narrow, and pretty much everybody else in the room goes "Oooooh!"
- One of the first things the new contestants do on the bus ride is check to see if Gordon Ramsay is hiding amongst them (he's not).
- Ralph's introduction, where he says "I've got a spark in my ass." Without missing a beat, Ramsay laughs and replies, "Maybe you should have somebody take a look at that!"
- Jason's magnificent use of Last-Second Word Swap with "I'm gonna rock out with my crock pot out!"
- This actually gets a Call Back in the finale, when he asks his team if they're ready to rock out with their crock pots out. Jason in the finale is hilarious in general, especially when he's explaining his menu to his team before service, saying "BAM!" after almost everything. When asked if he's okay, he remarks "I haven't gotten much sleep lately."
- The editing team was clearly having some fun this season. In the first episode, Ramsay gets angry at the Red Team's scallops and calls them rubber. As he throws them, the editing team decided to add a silly "Boing!" sound effect as they hit the table.
- After the chefs are woken up by a group of BMX bikers, Ramsay announces that they will also be doing some bike riding. Right on cue, who should come jauntily pedaling up on a string of connected tricycles? Jean-Philippe!
Bev: JP, he's just so cute on these little bicycles! He looked so happy, I just wanted to pinch his little cheeks!
- Blink and you'll miss it, when the chefs are woken up the noise is so loud Andi is wearing ear muffs. The contestants wish they were so lucky.
- During a Blue Team punishment, Jean-Philippe instructs them to clean everything for the wait staff and when he tells them to polish their shoes, Jason asks him if he wants them to use spit. Jean-Philippe asks if he has enough spit and then when he's walking off, you hear him calling Jason an idiot.
- The Running Gag of the Blue Team calling themselves "Azul" ("Blue" in Spanish). They turn it into a war cry!
- Melanie does a little dance in the confessional booth after her win. While most of the confession booth shots are chest-up, Melanie's is waist-up.
- In episode 8, Jason gets yelled at for raw chicken. Normally, this is NOTHING to laugh at, since raw chicken is potentially deadly, but Chef Ramsay makes one hilarious comment:
Ramsay: "THIS CHICKEN IS REDDER THAN YOUR F—KING BEARD!"
- Episode 10, after the red team is ordered to finish the blue team's service after their ejection:
Kashia: "The blue team's attitude stinks. That's why y'all got yo asses KICKED OUT DA KITCHEN!"
- In episode 11, the blue team wins a daytrip to an indoor skydiving machine, and when they arrive, Jean-Philippe is inside! This is exactly as funny as it sounds. Seeing Jason's and Gabriel's faces flapping in the machine as well is almost as funny.
- Jason's Evil Laugh. The show even added stock lightning and black and white filter to make him sound like a Disney villain!
Jason: I am the evil pork master! (cue maniacal laugh)
- During episode 12's challenge, in which contestants pulled ingredients out of a fake grocery store in the dark, Anton had this analogy:
"Shopping in the dark is just like lovemaking: You have to feel your way; feel for that particular texture. Y'know, silky or smooth, soft or hard, it's all about the hands."
- In episode 14, the red team was rewarded with an ice skating lesson, and Scott seemed to be picking it up the most, leading to him attempting a jumping spin...where he promptly landed flat on his face before even getting off the ground.
- In the same episode with the taste-test challenge, Ramsay pretty much trolls the people who were eating the sample foods with a ridiculous grin on his face.
- During punishment, Rochelle is laughing over the fact that she was working the ice-cream maker yet there was nothing in it. And later when trying to scoop ice cream off, there's an adorkable shot of her with some vanilla ice cream on her cheek.
- And during dinner service, as Chef Ramsay is checking on her Beef Wellingtons, Rochelle is praying in the Confession Cam that her Wellingtons are not "blue or purple on the inside".
- In the same episode with the taste-test challenge, Ramsay pretty much trolls the people who were eating the sample foods with a ridiculous grin on his face.
- In episode fifteen, Scott's dish in the points challenge is getting praised by the judges, and it looks like he's going to win... And then Chef Paul turns around and gives it a two. It's absolutely hilarious to see Scott's face go from a pleased expression to an absolutely blindsided one in the space of about half a second.
- During the Blue Team's punishment, poor Rochelle has to clean the toilets, and ends up losing her lunch. When she comes into the kitchen after finishing, she looks so absolutely woebegone that everyone else starts laughing.
- And then the morning after, Scott asks Joy how she's feeling. Her reply is "Really crabby, but good morning!"
- During the Blue Team's punishment, poor Rochelle has to clean the toilets, and ends up losing her lunch. When she comes into the kitchen after finishing, she looks so absolutely woebegone that everyone else starts laughing.
- In episode 17, Scott and Jason won the challenge and earned a day of winetasting, while the women had to sort the trash. When the men returned, the trash-covered women wanted to hug them; Scott ran away, while Jason gladly hugged them. Immediately afterwards, as they walked in the door, Jason nearly plowed over sous chef Andi; she gave him a Death Glare and Jason said...
"She scares the HELL outta me!"
- Later on, Jason is so hungover he is late to prep and is sluggish when he gets there.
- In episode 18, Rochelle slices the tip of her finger during the punishment, and has to be rushed to the hospital. Nothing funny about that, but Joy's and Melanie's squicked-out reactions were HILARIOUS. Rochelle's fingertip was STILL on the counter after she left, and neither of them could look at it, let alone get rid of it, so they walked backwards, hand-in-hand, and Joy dropped a napkin over it. She missed.
- Jason's experience in the reward challenge (a day flying in a fighter jet) can only be described as him screaming the whole time.
- In the very same episode, we have the Narrator's comic book related puns.
- Stan Lee is sitting at the chef's table as that night's guest of honor, and his running commentary as he watches the chaos in the kitchen is hilarious. At one point he notes "I've gotta figure out a way to turn this into a story!"
- Kashia telling Chef Ramsay that she needs to cook her chicken a little longer with slang and he needs Andi to translate for him and she proceeds to in a deadpan manner.
Kashia: Chef, I have to drag on one of my chickens. Theres a low pig. Iím gonna hold it.Ramsay: I have no fucking clue what she's saying.Andi: (Deadpan) She needs one more minute on her chicken.
- Rochelle's departure, where she just can't stop giggling, then slaps her hands over her mouth in a perfect Oh, Crap! reaction.
- In the finale, the images of JP (and Andi) gleefully spraying everyone with champagne.
- Jason had a little trouble with his VIP table - actor Mark Boone Jr, who took the delay in stride, remarking "This is really good water."
- Scott's young daughter being unwilling to try some scallops.
- Chef Ramsay's use of Fun with Acronyms as JP and JR were tanking the fish station in the first service:
Ramsay: "JP! Just PATHETIC! JR! Just RIDICULOUS!"
- During the blue team's punishment in episode 2, they had to eat gross seafood, and Sterling is eating it like it's nothing, boasting about it when some teammates praise him, even getting up and dancing. Bryant, as per usual, is in no mood for goofiness and gets into an argument with Sterling, who is not even the slightest bit mad or upset, and his responses are hilarious as Bryant just gets angrier, all while others, like Santos, try to stifle their laughter.
Bryant: "Look, look, I don't know why the fuck you got something to prove."Sterling: "I don't. I just ate my fish."Bryant: "Why you standing up and telling me that?"Sterling: "I love you. You need a hug?"Bryant: "No, I don't need a hug, you ain't gotta talk to me like that."Sterling: "Don't get mad at me cause your plate is full."Bryant: "It's full because I don't wanna eat it."Sterling: "Ain't my fault."Bryant: "Then why the fuck are you talking to me about it?! Leave me the fuck alone, I'ma tell you right now, leave me alone."Sterling: "What are you gonna do, eat me?"
- From episode 3, we have Sade's comment on how much Denine's questions and carelessness (causing a flare-up on a stove) during prep are annoying her.
Sade: "Like, seriously? If Denine burn my weave today, we are gonna have 99 problems and all of them are gonna be me." (bonus funny points by having her follow this statement with a cool, sassy flick of her weave and a well placed "Mm-hmm")
- In episode three, after Denine served a dry piece of chicken, Ramsay had this gem:
Ramsay: "It's dry as a fucking camel's dick in a fucking desert storm!"
- Sterling during the brunch challenge in episode 4 proclaiming that he was like the (musical) "Conductor" in Hells Kitchen. The editing team clearly had some fun with this one afterwards.
Sterling: "French toast, creeeeepes / Florentine, how loooooong..."
- Another one a la editing team in episode 7 involves the teams having to pick operas to have their dish revealed behind them. Sterling's partner picks an alfredo dish and the singer starts singing the dish in this beautiful operatic style, only for it to cut to Sterling finishing it off in the confession cam in the most un-operatic way possible-complete with corny music!
- One episode has the "first ever Hell's Kitchen dog show", with the episode's challenge being to make dishes for the menu. Sade, however, thinks they're supposed to be cooking for the dogs, and makes dog food, only figuring it out when she sees the other completed dishes. Fortunately for her, unfortunately for us, it was a challenge that excluded one dish, so we didn't get to see Gordon's reaction to finding that out.
- There is however Ramsay looking at the dish and saying it looks lie "a dig shat on my plate"
- Episode 9 has the return of the craps challenge, and an unintentional Call Back to Season 10.
Byrant: (in the confessional, after Sade rolls a C) Come on, grab something we can use. Some sort of protein...like chicken. Chicken chicken chicken chicken...
- Episode 10 has Sterling, who is performing so well in appetizers, that he decides to have a little song for himself in confessional, going "Risotto risotto, capellini, I'm hot," which suddenly gets turned into a 16 second music video, "My Name is Sterling", by Sterling Beats, Hell's Kitchen Fresh Jams. At this point it's clear as day that the editing team are just loving Sterling's antics.
- In episode 13, Santos compares the large hunk of beef they have to carry into Hell's Kitchen to a "Fred Flintstone Brontosaurus".
- In the signature dish challenge, Chrissa revealed that she had gotten inspiration for her dish in the cookie aisle, and revealed a chicken breast wrapped in ginger cookies. A disbelieving Ramsay said that he could only be grateful that she hadn't gotten inspiration in the pet food aisle.
- Subsequently, the Red Team lose the first service and have to nominate two for elimination. They decide almost immediately on Christine and Monique, who crashed and burned on the meat station, with T ranting about how they have to get rid of the weak links. Cue the sound of a glass breaking, after which the other women notice Chrissa wandering around in the kitchen, not even seeming interested in discussing their performance. Not at all surprisingly, the other women decide that they'd probably be better off nominating her instead of Christine, which eventually leads to Chrissa getting eliminated.
- In the second episode, Ramsay dragged the men into the storeroom and told them to have a group meeting to get their heads together, and when they're done, they go to open the door...and they can't get out because there's no handle. Ramsay realizes this and has to let them out; Sous Chef James cracked a smile at the situation.
- Episode 6: the blue team is enjoying their first reward in a while, and when they are being served lunch, Nick recognizes one of the waitresses as his ex-girlfriend. The rest of his teammates are in disbelief.
Nick: "What are the chances we'd see my ex-girlfriend here?"Randy: "What are the chances we'd meet one of YOUR ex-girlfriends?!"
- When put up for elimination, Sarah claims her teammates have it out for her and that she could do much better on the Blue Team. When it looks like Ramsey might seriously be considering switching her, the camera shows a few Blue Team members exchanging panicked glances.
- Ramsay has two great Troll moments in episode 9:
Ramsay: "I've spoken to everyone I wanted to speak with."Josh: (nervously) "...You don't wanna speak to me?"Ramsay: (smirking) "Get your ass up here."
- Just before the challenge, after showing the chefs cages of animals that are delicacies around the world, including snakes, rats, and tarantulas, Ramsay says that one of the snakes is missing. As the chefs are nervously glancing around the floor, a rubber snake falls from the ceiling, freaking them all out (particularly T). After they all realize that it's fake, Ramsay suddenly drops a few dozen fake snakes from the ceiling, sending them running again and cracking Ramsay up.
- After having called the chefs into his office individually for evaluations, he calls the dorms, where Josh, the only person not called yet, answers the phone. Ramsay tells him that he's all done with his evaluations.
- The best part is that smirk lingering on his face well after he hangs up the phone.
- The duck challenge in episode 4: Chef Ramsay has Marino in a canoe out on a lake with a bucket of rubber ducks. Marino empties bucket into lake, Chef Ramsay asks where the rest of ducks are. Marino shrugs and says that's all he has. Cue a helicopter flying overhead and dumping loads of rubber ducks into the lake.
- The oath in episode 9 that Chef Ramsay has the other chefs recite - "I will not suck."
- In episode 10, Ramsay's reaction to Marino's cowboy outfit is just priceless.
- The blind taste test in episode 12, which saw a chef get blasted with ice cream if their teammate got three items wrong, and then whipped cream if they get the fourth wrong. Seeing Ramsay laughing during it only makes it funnier.
Manda: "I look like I just got *BLEEP* murdered."
Manda: Thanks a lot, Frank. You're getting a hug, whether you like it or not!
- Afterwards, Manda gets blasted by whipped cream after Frank fails to identify peanut butter. What did he say it was? Snickers.
- In the first episode, when the Blue Team are doing the punishment, one wonders how they could've lost the challenge...
Marino: You lost because someone served Pigeon Bolognese.
- The punishment in episode 2 is unloading and prepping a truckload of fish. Lunch is scallops and fish guts put through a blender. All of the chefs are miserable. They're throwing up, complaining, and going at each other. Somehow, one of the chefs, Shaina, got a glass of chocolate milk instead.
Shaina: (Smiling) "Oh shoot, mine's just chocolate milk! But there's no way in hell I'm about to let the rest of them know that."
Andi: "I'm sure you guys have swallowed worse."
- From the same punishment, Andi's comment:
- Also from Episode 2, the guys have just finished going on a reward trip on a yacht. How do they re-enter Hell's Kitchen before prepping for dinner service? By forming a conga line and dancing through the restaurant while wearing little sailor hats!
- Additionally from Episode 2, Ramsay takes the chefs all out to the grand prix and asks them who wants to race, only to reveal that they're actually going to be racing golf carts.
Ramsay: Are you ready to get in the car? Who's first? Definitely not. Let me show you all what you'll be racing in.
- The intro to the Fish Around the World challenge features a group of singers onboard a wooden ship. They sing a little song, much to everyone's amusement. Then, when the contestants are asked to select a fish, they actually created little ditties for each fish, rather than just singing the name of the fish out loud!
- Andrew starting a splash fight with his teammates during the reward.
- The intro to Episode 7's challenge has four artists (including Marino) painting portraits of Ramsay. The first artist does a photorealistic image, the second does a caricature, the third paints Ramsay as a battle-scarred cyborg, and Marino gives us...a stick figure wearing a chef's attire and holding cooking utensils.
- Johnny does not take his elimination very well.
- When told that they need to send one of their chefs over to the Blue Team, which was down in numbers, the faces of the Red Team members was appropriate to being told they had a death sentence. Which, given that the Blue Team has been falling apart from the start and the Red Team is extremely solid, it may as well be.
- The challenge in episode 15. It involves creating a dish to be served to multiple chefs tableside. Heather and Heidi both had a hard time with the tableside conversation part of the challenge. Meanwhile Ryan offers the chefs shots of Tequila that was leftover from making her dish. Ryan won the challenge by a landside.
Ryan: "If no one is watching, I'll take one too".