The thing about male/female relationshipsTekkadread
is a crossover between Ranma 1/2
and Van Dread
with some Tekkaman Blade
by Hung Nguyen.
The story of Ranma 1/2 diverges from Jusenkyo, where instead of plunging into Spring of Drowned Girl, Ranma falls into a non-imprinted spring that contained a dormant Tekkapod that crashed there years before by the Radam. The Tekkapod grabbed Ranma and began the slow process of converting him into Tekkaman under the control of the Radam, taking five centuries. Because of this, the events of Ranma 1/2 became irrevocably altered without his presence: Ranma and Genma never arrived to the Tendo Dojo; Genma never arrived due to being killed by the Chinese Amazons and turned into a panda skin rug; Akane gets defeated badly by Kuno, Kodachi, and the Dojo Destroyer to name a few; Picolet Chardin takes Kasumi away to be married off; Akane is kidnapped by Prince Kirin and never returned (and executed by the people of Nekonron for accidentally killing their ruler with her bad cooking). And that was only the prologue.
The real story begins five centuries later when Ranma is released from the Tekkapod with the powers of a Tekkaman, but no Radam warlords. Awakened to a now barren Earth and suffering amnesia due to the pod, Ranma, now Slade, leaves for space to find his place in the universe. Slade eventually arrives to the all male planet of Tarak during his trek across planets, where he gets involved with the story of Vandread.Slade is made part of the crew of the Nirvana as male and female must put aside their differences to fight against a mysterious enemy, the Harvesters. Things are also made interesting as Slade is the only person on board with any knowledge of the supposed "ancient" relationships between man and woman.
The 1st Stage story is completed, and the 2nd Stage Tekkadread: The 2nd Stage
, is near completion. Things have taken a turn for the worst as revelations are revealed, and an even more sinister evil is awakened. The fight for survival of the human race begins...
Add tropes as you spot them! This is relatively new.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: In one chapter, Paiway gets heavily drilled by Duero to raise her medical skill since it was lacking, but fails. However, everything Duero had tried to teach her was ultimately tested when she was forced to operate on him and Barnette to save their lives.
- A Lady on Each Arm: Slade with Dita and Jura when they were stranded on the desert planet trap by Saber. When sleeping out in the cold desert night, the two girls naturally snuggled up to the nearest source of heat, which was Slade himself, much to his nervousness. He didn't get much sleep as a result.
- At Heaven's Haven, Duero with Parfet and Barnette, much to the shock of the Mejele refugees there.
- Absolute Cleavage: Jura, naturally.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Any of the Tekkaman weapons are capable of slicing through the strongest ship hulls like butter.
- Accidental Pervert: Slade sometimes finds himself in compromising positions with some of the girls.
- Action Girl:
- Amazon Brigade: The Nirvana consists of an army of female space pirates.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Dita when an unconscious Slade was slowly dying on the emergency gurney for the second time.
Dita: "I... love... you... Slade..."
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Jura gave this to Barnette after declaring that she was glad Slade was dead.
- Ax-Crazy: Tekkaman Saber is in front of the line, especially when it concerns Slade.
- Back from the Dead: Slade, at least twice.
- Balanced Harem:
- Bare Your Midriff: Dita's outfit.
- Battle Aura:
- Battle Couple: Slade with the three Dread girls. Played even straighter once they become Tekkaman Sapphire, Tekkaman Ruby, and Tekkaman Diamond.
- Duero as Tekkaman Razor and Barnette when they fuse to become Tekkadread Gunner.
- Battle Harem: Slade with Dita, Jura and Meia, at first with their Dreads, and later as Tekkamen themselves.
- Beam-O-War: Voltekker vs. Anti-Voltekker.
- Big Bad: The Earth. At least in the 1st Stage. They eventually get taken over by Lord Darkon.
- Boobs of Steel: Jura knows how to work 'em.
- Break the Cutie: Slade, despite his power had been put through the wringer after the mutiny on the Nirvana, then after witnessing the Melanos fleet fall before the Harvesters.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Tekkaman Phantom/Ghaleon fears this as it will happen if he exceeds being in his Tekkaman form for over half an hour.
- The Radam captures Duero and Barnette, brainwashing them and turning them into a Tekkadread pair against the Nirvana crew. They later get rescued.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Slade and Dita.
- Calling Your Attacks
- Cannot Spit It Out: Jura was scared and intrigued at her own growing feelings for Slade, since at first she was only attracted to him for the sake of fame, but grew to be something even deeper. She tries to voice out her feelings to Slade at Magno's advice, just before they go out to fight against the enemy, but pulls back on it.
- Cat Fight: Between Tekkaman Rapier and Jura/Tekkaman Ruby.
- Chekhov's Gun: The lights that formed unnoticed on Dita, Jura, and Meia's heads, in the shape of Tekkacrystals.
- Chick Magnet: Slade attracts the attentions of Dita, Jura, Meia, as well as the descendants of Ukyo and Shampoo. Coming from a ship full of women who were brought up to hate men, that is an accomplishment.
- Christmas Episode: The Christmas chapter.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Dita, Jura, and eventually Meia become this towards Slade.
- Parfet and barnette towards Duero.
- Combining Mecha: The fusion of Slade's Tekkaman armor with the Dreads to form the Tekkadread. Doubles as Transforming Mecha aseach Tekkadread gets a secondary form when combined with Pegas.
- Cool Old Lady: Vivian Magno.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Several
- Slade when in Tekkaman form when fighting against the Harvesters.
- Anytime the Tekkadreads are formed.
- Rabat seriously underestimated Slade in the hangar fight, and had his ass kicked around by the de-transformed Tekkaman. It got even more violent when Rabat accidentally shot Dita in an attempt to kill Slade. Slade was not happy.
- Tekkaman Saber owned Slade in the first encounter The seond time, though, the tables have turned.
- Tekkaman Saber single-handedly destroyed a good portion of the Tarak armed forces with absolute abandon.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Dita.
- Deal with the Devil: Saber to Darkon, when he wanted the power of the penultimate Tekkaman form.
- Death Trap: Tekkaman Saber does this to Slade, Dita, Jura, Duero, and Barnette, trapping them on a desert planet.
- Deflector Shields: Vandread Jura, Vandread Jura X, Tekkaman Ruby, and Tekkaman Blaze.
- Determinator: Slade whenever faced against crazy odds, especially against other Tekkamen.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Slade was already a badass before when in human form, and even more so in his Tekkaman form.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Jura, and how!
- Face Fault: Slade after explaining about S-E-X between men and women as the natural way of procreation, then Duero casually asks if Slade could demonstrate this by having Dita volunteer. Does it again seconds later when Duero asks obvliviously that maybe Jura or Meia could volunteer as well.
- Family Honor: Even five centuries into the future, the issues of family honor concerning Ranma Saotome still stands. This was one of the reasons why Slade thinks regaining his past was a mistake.
- Fantastic Racism: The Tarak men and Mejele women harbor this towards each other in the beginning, but the ones in the Nirvana manage to get past this since they had other things to worry about at the time.
- Fiery Redhead: Dita counts as this at times. Xian Pu is basically Shampoo, butvwith red hair.
- Ghost in the Machine: When Dita, Jura, and Meia go into Slade's mindscape, they encounter a slew of Slades, each representing a different side of his personality.
- The Glasses Come Off: Parfet does this in an attempt to charm Duero. Unfortunately, she's Blind Without 'Em.
- Group Hug: Slade gets this from Dita, Jura, and Meia after reviving from being killed by Saber the first time.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Though Slade may have been annoyed at Dita, he harbors some feelings for her.
- Hourglass Hottie: Jura is the main perpetrator.
- How Much More Can He Take
- Identical Granddaughter: Ukyo XVII and Xian Pu are the spitting images of Ukyo Kuonji and Shampoo, the girls who could have been Ranma's fiances if he didn't get engulfed in the Tekkapod.
- Identity Amnesia: Slade after awakening from the Tekkapod in a now dried up Jusenkyo five centuries later. Way late in the story does he regain his past memories as Ranma Saotome.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Barnette, being a gun otaku, naturally has this. Duero is also this, but with syringes and scalpels. Dueros Prime, or father, Tensen, is this even moreso.
- Instant A.I., Just Add Water: How Pyoro came to be after the Paksis explosion.
- Ironic Hell: Because of Rabat's crimes with his dealings with the Harvesters and basically selling out the human race, Slade gave him the cryptic promise that he will send Rabat to hell the next time they meet. He was good on his word and had his crimes exposed to every populated planet in reach, causing Rabat to be isolated in space and unable to dock at any planet. He then gets harvested by his employers for failing to give them more information on other planets, getting subjected to the same pain he caused to all those other planets the Harvesters had picked dry. What goes around comes around indeed.
- Invisibility: The specialty of Tekkaman Phantom.
- Jerkass Realization: Barnette after the mutiny incident, which almost cost the Nirvana crew their lives.
- Again with Barnette later on during the desert planet trap with Duero.
- Ukyo XVII after realizing Slade is actually the same person who supposedly cheated her ancestor, the original Ukyo Kuonji. Despite everyting Slade had done for the Nirvana, Ukyo XVII demanded blood, but thankfully the situation was mediated by Gascogne, and with Slade's input on the matter, put together the real story behind the incident with the okonomiyaki cart. Ukyo XVII soon realized that everything she had been taught to hate about the Saotome line and men in general had all been for naught, and she had been hating Slade for no real reason.
- Ki Attacks: Slade, one of his only remembered parts of his past when he was Ranma Saotome.
- Kissing Tropes: Several types.
- Awkward Kiss: In the 2nd Stage once the Nirvana crew arrived on Tarak, Jura kisses Slade right in front of the Tarak men, who thought she was sucking out his innards. Slade separates from her, then quickly drags Jura away from the area due to the sheer awkwardness of how they were being viewed.
- Covered in Kisses: Jura to Slade at the end of the 1st Stage, much to some of the girls' annoyance. Jura, Dita, and Meia to Slade/Ranma on his birthday.
- Last Kiss: Between Duero and Barnette of all people when they were trapped on the desert world surrounded by huge worm monsters. Thankfully, they were rescued.
- Official Kiss: Slade and Jura after the latter had performed a tea ceremony for the former. Later between Slade and Dita when the latter decided to be bold and assure the former that if he has no home to go to, he could always call her heart his home (and Slade was in a Post-Kiss Catatonia).
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Slade gives this to Jura in two different occasions. The first doubles as a First Kiss as being the first Mejele woman to lock lips with a man, and for Slade to anyone. The second doubles as a Kiss of Distraction in order to calm Jura down.
- Under The Mistletoe: Slade give Dita a kiss on the head in the Christmas chapter before pointing out the mistletoe they were standing under.
- Locked on a Planet: Tekkaman Saber trapped Slade, Dita, Jura, Duero, and Barnette on a desert planet by activating a forcefield around it, cutting off all connection with the Nirvana. To make it worse, Slade was unable to transform to fight evenly with the murderous Tekkaman. They managed to get away from him temporarily, but they were not only stranded on the planet, but separated as well. With the sand storms, the local alien life forms, dwindling supplies, not to mention the stalking Tekkaman Saber, it didn't look so good.
- Love Triangle: A love square between Ranma/Slade, and the three Dread pilots, Dita, Jura, and Meia.
- Also one between Parfet/Dero/Barnette.
- Marshmallow Hell: Slade accidentally smooshed his face into Jura's breasts at one point.
- Mecha-Mooks: The cube fighters, seed ships, space urchins, then later the Radam Spidercrabs.
- Missing Mom: Slade mentions having a mother before after finally regaining his memories, only knowing the name is Nodoka. It is later revealed Nodoka is alive, and is the former identity of Vivian Magno.
- My Kung-Fu Is Stronger Than Yours: Basically every battle between Slade and Saber is this.Saber became obsessive with trying to kill Slade to prove he is the ultimate Tekkaman, not caring what he has to do to gain the power needed too kill him.
- Neck Lift: Slade to Rabat after the former curb stomped the latter.
- Nerd Glasses: Parfet.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Paiway had basically caused the mutiny on the Nirvana due to her jealousy of Dita spending time with Slade instead of her and a misunderstanding blown completely out of proportion.
- No One Could Survive That: Slade, Dita, Jura, Diero, and Barnette barely managed to escape from an exploding planet, a trap set by Tekkaman Saber. Jura was confident that Saber got killed in his own trap, but Slade simply comments that if he managed to survive it, Saber could as well.
- Nose Bleed: Slade, due to being on a ship full of attractive women, as well as being the only man knowledgable about the relationships between men and women.
- Power Crystal: The Tekkacrystals of the Tekkamen, which are used to trigger the transformations.
- Public Bathhouse Scene: In the bathing area of the Nirvana, Slade just wanted a quiet soak. Dita, Jura, Meia, Ukyo XVII, Xian Pu, and Misty try to sneak in, but their arguing alerted the Tekkaman, causing him to hide on the ceiling. Unfortunately, they stick around to do their business, and gravity takes over. Hilarity ensues.
- Really 700 Years Old: Due to his being kept in stasis in the Tekkapod at the beginning of the story, Ranma/Slade is over 500 years old despite looking to be in his late teens to early twenties. Vivian Magno is even older as she is actually Nodoka Saotome after going into cryo sleep to start her life over after learning of the deaths of her son and husband.
- Redheaded Hero: Dita.
- Relationship Upgrade: Slade's interactions with Dita, Jura, and Meia as the story progresses.
- After Saber's trap on the desert planet, one occurred between Duero and Barnette.
- The Reveal: Several. Slade realized to his horror why several planets have gotten gutted by the Harvesters, which was because of Rabat. Needless to say, Slade was angry about this.
- When Slade regains his memories as Ranma Saotome, Magno drops the bomb that she's actually his mother. It wasn't a heartfelt reunion, though.
- Slade also discovers to his horror that Saber is actually his half-brother
- Romantic False Lead: Misty.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Parfet wears a dress to catch Duero's attention due to her fear she may lose him to Barnette.
- Meia wears a dress to attract Slade.
- Jura, although already a bombshell in her Stripperific dress, poured out her beauty in a kimono.
- She's Got Legs: Jura due to her dress.
- Shoulder Cannon: "VOLTEKKER!!!"
- Smug Snake: Rabat.
- So Last Season: Slade and the Nirvana crew fought against the Harvesters in the 1st Stage story. In the 2nd Stage story, the Harvesters get killed off by Darkon and the Radam, thus becoming the new Big Bad. With the arrival of not only Tekkaman Saber, there was also Tekkamen Lance, Axe, and Rapier. Solution? Dita, Jura, and Meia become Tekkamen themselves.
- Space Opera
- Space Pirates: the crew of the Nirvana.
- Stripperific: Jura. Dita and Barnette in a sense as well.
- Super Empowering: Slade inadvertently to Dita, Jura, and Meia, from his numerous combing with them into the Tekkadreads, which later triggered their ability to become Tekkamen.
- Super Strength: Slade, even in his human form, is freakishly strong. Rabat found that out the hard way.
- Dita, Jura, Meia, and Duero also acquire this after gaining the powers of a Tekkaman, but they need to learn better control of it when interacting with other people.
- Synchronization: Bart and the Nirvana.
- Takes One to Kill One: Once Tekkaman Saber came into the picture, it was made pretty apparent that the dreads and vanguards had no chance against him. Only Tekkaman Slade was able to best him and vice versa.
- The Juggernaut: All of the Tekkamen.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Jura of all people gives this to Barnette, calling out the reason why she hates Slade so much was because she was jealous of him, and used the mutiny as a way to get back at him over something so petty. Jura even states that at that point, she was ashamed to even be associated with Barnette for her attitude. Barnette also later gets called out by Gascogne on her treatment of Slade despite everything he's done for all of them when he didn't have to.
- The Starscream: Tekkaman Saber planned to get rid of the Harvester leaders but was unable to due to a failsafe installed into him to prevent any thoughts of betrayal. It became a moot point when Lord Darkon emerged and took out the Harvesters himself. In fact, the Earth's Paksis core itself was this to the Harvesters, silently biding their time to give rise to Darkon in the first place.
- Team Mom: Magno sees herself as a mother to the crew of the Nirvana.
- Tears of Joy: Dita, Jura, and Meia when reuniting with Slade after reviving from death, twice.
- Barnette towards Duero after the desert planet incident.
- The Brute: Tekkaman Axe.
- The Promise: Slade promised to visit Dita in her room one day. Later on, he did, and nearly lead to something...
- The Rival: Tekkaman Saber to Slade/Tekkaman Slade.
- Tekkaman Lance (and later Tekkaman Dagger) to Dita/Tekkaman Sapphire.
- Tekkaman Rapier to Jura/Tekkaman Ruby.
- Tekkaman Axe to Meia/Tekkaman Diamond.
- The Scrappy: In-universe, Rabat, once his dealings with the Harvesters were made known to every colonized planet not yet overrun. He soon became public enemy number one among the galaxy.
- The Smurfette Principle: Tekkaman Rapier is the only female of the Radam Tekkamen.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: VOLTEKKER!
- Time Bomb: Was set in two planets in order to kill Slade and his friends.
- Too Dumb to Live: The higher brass of the Tarak armed forces were blinded by dreams of grandeur, believing they could take down Tekkaman Saber (and Tekkaman Slade just because he refused to go against the women once the Radam threat was over), then study his remains to figure out the Tekkaman Power System, then use it to wipe out the Mejele women later. They were DEAD WRONG.
- Took a Level in Badass: Slade once he acquires Tekkaman Blastor Mode.
- Dita, Jura, and Meia once they acquire the ability to transform into Tekkamen.
- Tsundere: Meia for Slade.
- Two Beings, One Body: Tekkaman Slade when merged with: Dita/Tekkaman Sapphire (Tekkaman Burst), Jura/Tekkaman Ruby (Tekkaman Blaze), and Meia/Tekkaman Diamond (Tekkaman Flash).
- Unstoppable Rage: Slade beat the crap out of Rabat when he accidentally shot Dita during their fight in the hangar.
- Victory Guided Amnesia: When Slade died for a second time, then revived, pulling off a Big Damn Heroes moment. However, his revival came with the price of losing all memory of who he is and what had happened. Everyone tried their hardest to help Slade Remember who he is, but fail. He does get better, though.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Meia.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The Harvester Leaders planned to do this to Tekkaman Saber and vice versa. This became a moot point after Darkon awakens and violently kills off the Harvester leaders and their followers. Saber winds up working under him, but unlike with his former employers, Saber fears Darkon and knew working under him would be for his own better interests.