Characters: Silent Hill: Homecoming
Voiced by: Brian Bloom
Voiced by: Llana Barron
Joshua "Josh" Shepherd
Voiced by: Dalton O'Dell
- Creepy Child: Alex keeps seeing Josh in various levels, and he doesn't exactly look happy to be there. Also the fact that, like Alessa from the first game, he has an affection for bugs and spiders, which can be creepy in and of itself. Of course, the "creepy" Josh seen throughout the game is an apparition. The real Josh seemed like a fairly regular kid.
- Dead All Along: Alex accidentally knocked Josh into Toluca Lake on a late-night boating trip.
- Death by Falling Over
- Youngest Child Wins: Subverted. Josh definitely had a better life than Alex, until that life ended when he drowned.
Deputy James Wheeler
Voiced by: Fitz Houston
Judge Margaret Holloway
Voiced by: Elizabeth Lambert
Voiced by: Al Bandiero
- Ax-Crazy: Seem to sadistically delight in the notion of tearing Elle apart.
- Chainsaw Good: He wields a circular saw as a weapon.
- The Dragon: He acts as one to Judge Holloway.
- Jerkass: He's very gruff and rude towards Alex (and likely everybody else). Then it turns out he's a member of the Order and is far, far worse than he initially appears.
- Nice Hat
- No Social Skills: He has a strong dislike for any kind of social interaction, and will even go as far as threatening to shoot Alex if he pesters him too much.
- Torture Technician
Adam and Lillian Shepherd
Voiced by: Al Bandiero (Adam), Elizabeth Lambert (Lillian)
- Abusive Parents: They were cold to Alex as a child, and doted on Josh. They had their reasons for this, due to their involvement with the Order.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Adam's eventual fate. Same for Lillian; however, you can choose whether she will be alive to feel it happen.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Since Lillian is strapped to a torture device and is slowly being ripped apart, she begs Alex to kill her before the device does it instead.
- Parental Favoritism
- Parental Neglect: Adam is set up as the outright abusive one, while Lillian was more on the neglectful side.
Mayor Sam Bartlett
Voiced by: David Alan Graf
- The Alcoholic: Fell into this hard after sacrificing his child.
- Buried Alive: How he killed his son. It's how his family kills the children for the ritual, always.
- Ludicrous Gibs: After Joey returns as Sepulcher, he smashes his father into a bloody smear.
- Mayor Pain: Played with. In the past, he was supposedly respectful and friendly, but after killing his son, he's become a bit of both types, as he becomes an alcoholic out of guilt and keeps digging up graves in the cemetery to cope. Also, keep in mind that he's mayor of a city that has a pact with the cult from Silent Hill, so he may have always been Mayor Pain.
Doctor Martin Fitch
Voiced by: David Alan Graf
- Creepy Doll: He dotes his daughter and buys her a lot of these. Lampshaded by Alex.
- Ironically, she returns as a porcelain doll monster and kills him.
- Fallen Hero: Files in the game state that he saved Alex from drowning in a bus accident when he was eight years old.
- Irony: His heroism has this, given that Alex was supposed to be sacrificed through drowning by his parents.
- Off with His Head!: His daughter returns as a monster and decapitates him.
- Sanity Slippage: He becomes insane and starts mutilating himself after sacrificing Scarlet.
A mysterious, unseen woman Alex meets in the Grand Hotel, who asks him for help finding her "memories".
- The Faceless
- Foreshadowing: Alex's first dungeon involves him helping someone retrieve her memories. Alex himself suffers from trauma-induced amnesia, and the end of the game involves him remembering.
- Your Cheating Heart: She was having an affair with Mayor Bartlett, while her husband was dying in bed no less.