Voiced by: Mikey O'Conner (adult), Ben Eli (young)
A trucker with a slight temper problem and a Dark and Troubled Past
that, in the words of Zero Punctuation
, is the equivalent of a season pass to Silent Hill.
- Badass Beard: His appearance in Homecoming has him with a full beard.
- Badass Biker: After finishing the game for the first time, you get a new costume for Travis; motorcycle leathers (which his comments confirm that he owns, alongside a bike).
- Berserk Button: Parental Abandonment and Abusive Parents, big time.
- Continuity Nod: He makes a cameo in Silent Hill: Homecoming, giving Alex a lift to Shepherd's Glen.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Which you unfold during the game.
- Nice Hat: His default trucker hat, the Explorer's Costume also gives him one snazzy piece of headgear.
- Parental Abandonment: His mother Helen went insane and was locked up in a psychiatric hospital, and presumably dies prior to the events of Origins. His father Richard committed suicide after being unable to cope with his wife's insanity and incarceration.
- Rule of Symbolism: A recurring symbol of his character is a lonely moon; the lyrics to the song O.R.T. on the soundtrack describe him this way. His aforementioned motorcycle leathers have said moon on the back of the jacket.
- Spanner in the Works: The Order did not plan on Travis's interference blowing their plans to hell for 7 years.
One of the town's monsters that Travis encounters repeatedly throughout the game. This one "butchers" the other monsters, hence it's name. The bad ending of the game hints that Travis is the Butcher.