YMMV: Silent Hill Origins
- Complete Monster: Dahlia somehow managed to be worse than in the original Silent Hill.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: A common criticism of the game, moreso than the other entries in the series. The "protagonist with hidden skeletons in the closet" angle is lifted entirely from Silent Hill 2, and also includes an Expy of Pyramid Head to make it even more obvious.
- Memetic Mutation: Travis' ability to store ridiculous numbers of Portable TVs in his jacket.
- Oddly enough, portable TVs only make up about 5% of the large, bulky items Travis can pick up.
- Nightmare Retardant: You can't have the dark realm, a plane of unspeakable horror with blood and horrible death everywhere, and then have someone willfully go there for something so simple as solving a puzzle. Compare Travis's casual "put your hand on the mirror" to Heather's horror whenever the dark world took over. Completely different.
- The Game Over screen is accompanied by a truck horn. Yeah, we know Travis is a trucker and all, but it's still very silly. It's not even particularly demonic; you could easily mistake it for the game's sound data glitching out.
- The Woobie: Lisa.
- Travis himself, as well.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Breakable weapons, in contrast to the series' general treatment of weapons up to that point, though that's made up for by the sheer amount of weapons you can find. It's not uncommon to finish the game with several dozen melee weapons unused, so in practice, it just means the player has an extra menu they have to cycle through while bashing enemies.