open/close all folders
Brad Johnson (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force, Left Behind: World At War)
Nicholas Cage (Left Behind 2014)An airliner pilot who lost his wife and son to the Rapture. Becomes one of the founding members of the Tribulation Force.
- Author Avatar, with a dash of compensating for something: The guy's surname is Steele, for crying out loud. Fred Clark specifically identifies him as the avatar for LaHaye.
- Badass Grandpa: Eventually becomes this when Kenny is born.
- Final Guy: Rayford survives the tribulation by the skin of his teeth.
- Happily Married: To his second wife Amanda White for about three months.
- Insistent Terminology: 'Captain'' Rayford Steele. Always Captain Steele. While the character doesn't explicitly insist on it, the author is very careful to write his name this way when being addressed by others.
- Jerkass: Comes off as one quite a bit. He does get some humanizing touches throughout the series, and he even gets blatantly called out on his asshole tendencies in one book to counterbalance this.
- Madonna–Whore Complex: Appears to have this, although the story doesn't seem to consider this a flaw
- Manly Tears: Sheds these when he meets Jesus face to face.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: To his wife Irene and his son Raymie after they have been raptured.
- Overprotective Dad: Subverted in that he just lets Buck come over and wait to talk to Chloe about his supposedly two-timing her and doesn't help Chloe in the slightest in her wanting to get rid of Buck.
- The Scapegoat: Was made into this when Carpathia was assassinated, when clear evidence showed that Chaim Rosenzweig was the real assassin.
Janaya Stephens (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force, Left Behind: World At War)
Cassi Thomson (Left Behind 2014)The daughter of Rayford Steele who gets left behind, becoming a founding member of the Tribulation Force and the wife of Buck Williams.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Blond-haired in the books and the 2014 movie, became dark-haired in the 2000-2005 films.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: After Chloe is captured by the GC, among the things the GCNN report is that she was expelled from her university for making threats against the faculty, aborted two fetuses (with another daughter dying under unknown circumstances), and naming her son Jesus Savior Williams.
- Characterization Marches On: In the beginning of the series, we're told that she studies Computer Science. Later on, she needs Buck to show her how her new computer works.
- Driven to Suicide: In the 2014 movie, until she gets a call from Buck that stops her from going through with the act.
- Happily Married: To Buck Williams.
- Incessant Music Madness: Was subject to listening to "Hail Carpathia" all night in her cell when she was captured by the GC. She gets to give some of her own when she sings some Christian hymns in her solitary confinement cell, which annoys a GC guard.
- Mama Bear: To her son Kenny.
- Public Execution: Was given one in Armageddon.
- Straw Feminist: She was this early in the book series, before she changes.
- Together in Death: With her husband Buck.
Cameron "Buck" Williams
Kirk Cameron (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force, Left Behind: World At War)
Chad Michael Murray (Left Behind 2014)A newsmagazine reporter who witnessed the Rapture on the same flight Rayford was the pilot of. Becomes one of the founding members of the Tribulation Force.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Blond in the books, became brown or dark-haired in the films.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Averted. Despite being a thirty-year-old, globe-trotting, explicitly non-religious Man Of The World, Buck is just as innocent as Chloe is when they meet.
- Author Avatar: For Jerry Jenkins.
- Happily Married: To Chloe Williams.
- Informed Ability: His writing skills, at least early on. Later, we do get to see some of his actual writing in universe, and it is somewhat mediocre.
- Intrepid Reporter: Something of an Informed Attribute - he rarely asks useful questions, he writes in Purple Prose, and he buries stories out of self-preservation.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: One of Chloe's most frequently mentioned attributes is her virginity; both she and Buck are virgins when they begin dating, and remain as such until they are married.
- Not What It Looks Like: Chloe accused Buck of two-timing her because of her encounter with a fellow female co-worker outside his apartment delivering stuff and talking to her fiancee on the phone, assuming that Buck was her fiancee. Fortunately this got straightened out.
- Official Couple: He and Chloe were meant to be this from Day One.
- Papa Wolf: To his son Kenny.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Carpathia sees through his "George Oreskovitch" routine. Twice.
- Purple Prose: Yet he's a journalist
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: Was ready to go on this in Armageddon when the Global Community captured his wife.
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!: Feebly attempts this with Nicolae Carpathia when he is offered a job in Nicolae's inner-circle.
- Screw Your Ultimatum!: Does this to Carpathia in Armageddon.
- "The Villain Sucks" Song: Crafts one called "Fail Carpathia".
- Together in Death: With his wife Chloe.
- Voice of the Resistance: Second to Tsion Ben-Judah's, his online publication The Truth disseminates the information that the Global Community-controlled press doesn't want the general public to know about Nicolae Carpathia.
Clarence Gilyard (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force)
Arnold Pinnock (Left Behind: World At War)
Lance E. Nichols (Left Behind 2014)A pastor who was left behind due to his unbelief in God. Becomes one of the founding members of the Tribulation Force.
- Good Shepherd: He's not this trope and it's the reason he was left behind.
- Hypocrite: For a pastor, he was dabbling more in his own lusts and interests than he was in pursuing his own faith. At least he was willing to admit that was what caused him to be left behind with the unbelievers.
- The Mentor: To Rayford, Chloe, Buck, and the Young Tribulation Force in Left Behind: The Kids.
- Race Lift: Was Caucasian in the books, made African-American in the films.
- Sacrificial Lamb: In Tribulation Force he becomes the first member of the Tribulation Force to die.
Lubomir Mykytiuk (Left Behind II: Tribulation Force)A rabbi who during the Tribulation found the proof that Jesus Christ was the prophesied Messiah of the Jews. Becomes a member of the Tribulation Force.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Earned the ire of his fellow Israelis by declaring that Jesus is the Messiah, wanted in the murders of his wife and stepchildren, and accused of "fleecing his flock" millions of Nicks.
- Badass Preacher: In Armageddon, when he turns over leadership of Petra to Chaim Rosenzweig so he can preach Jesus Christ to the Jews remaining in Jerusalem while helping them to defend their city against the Global Community Unity Army on the day of Jesus' second coming.
- The Mentor: After Bruce Barnes is killed during the Second Seal Judgment.
- Screw Your Ultimatum!: Does this to Carpathia in Armageddon.
- Together in Death: With his wife who was murdered in Nicolae.
- Voice of the Resistance: During the Tribulation, his name became synonymous with the Tribulation Force preaching true biblical Christianity that Christians were pejoratively called "Judah-ites".
Colin Fox (Left Behind: The Movie)The scientist who came up with the Miracle Gro that got bartered for a seven-year peace treaty. Becomes a member of the Tribulation Force.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Did Chaim just call Leon Fortunato 'Supreme Nincompoop' and get away with it? Yes he did.
- Heel–Face Revolving Door: Chaim Rosenzweig is torn between his friendship with Tsion Ben-Judah and his loyalties to Nicolae Carpathia. It is only after assassinating Carpathia and fleeing Israel that Chaim puts his faith in God.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Has one when he sees who got killed in his household following the death of Carpathia.
- The Mentor: Previously to Tsion Ben-Judah before the Tribulation.
- Playing Sick: Chaim accomplishes this beautifully in order to get close to Nicolae and kill him.
- Significant Anagram: His alter ego Micah, which is an anagram of Chaim.
Mac McCullumRayford's co-pilot when he was working for Carpathia. Later became Carpathia's main pilot until faked his own death to escape into the underground with the Tribulation Force.
- Americans Are Cowboys: Confirmed to be from Texas.
- Faking the Dead: Does this to escape from New Babylon.
- Goodbye, Cruel World!: Mentions this as part of his plan for himself, David Hassid, Abdullah Smith, and Hannah Palemoon to escape New Babylon in an engineered plane crash in The Mark
- Some Call Me "Tim": His real first name is Montgomery.
- The Smart Guy: At least until he gets killed by the Wrath of the Lamb earthquake.
- Together in Death: With his wife Sondra.
AlbieA former Middle East arms dealer who became a believer.
- Meaningful Name: Albie is actually the initials of his hometown Al Basrah.
Abdullah SmithMac's co-pilot when he was working for Carpathia, who later faked his own death to escape into the underground with the Tribulation Force.
- Broken Bird: He starts off as a Muslim, but when his wife Yasmine and their two children, Bahira and Zaki become Christians, they leave him following one argument too many. This drives Abdullah into a state of depression, where he loses himself in booze and women, eventhough he wants his family back.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mostly to McCullum in the form of one liners.
- Faking the Dead: Does this to escape from New Babylon.
- The Quiet One: Regarded as such by his employment records for the GC.
Ken RitzA charter pilot who was working for the Tribulation Force.
- Boom, Headshot: How Ken dies in Apollyon.
- I'll Take That as a Compliment: Rayford tells him in the Dramatic Audio that he'd be on the Most Wanted List for feminists for the type of things he says about Hattie. All Ken asks for is a copy of the list so he can send it to his mother.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Subverted big time. He contracts the poison used to kill Hattie's baby from Hattie herself and later dies from it.
- All Love Is Unrequited: His relationship to Hattie Durham
Leah RoseA former nurse working at Brigham Young Hospital, who becomes a member of the Tribulation Force.
- Broken Bird: Prior to becoming the head nurse at Brigham Young Hospital, Leah Rose had quite the checkered past. From a broken household to a teenage drug addict who slept around, aborted a pregnancy and nearly killed herself several times before she finally cleaned herself up, got her GED and after getting married, her husband put her through nursing school and the pair adopted two boys. After their children were taken in the Rapture, she and her husband tried to kill themselves. Her husband succeeded. She didn't. In the end, she became a believer.
- Some Call Me "Tim": His full name is Tyrola Mark Delanty.
David HassidThe tech guy in New Babylon working as a mole for the Tribulation Force.
- Faking the Dead: Does this to escape New Babylon.
- Together in Death: With his girlfriend Annie Christopher.
Gustaf Zuckermandel, Jr.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He is mostly referred to as Z or Zeke.
- The Smart Guy: Mostly working in creating fake IDs, uniforms, and disguises.
Hannah PalemoonA medic in New Babylon who was a believer.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Her relationship with David Hassid.
- Faking the Dead: Does this to escape New Babylon.
Ming ToyA former prison guard at Buffer in Belgium who is part of the Tribulation Force.
- Faux Action Girl: When she is introduced, a lot is made of her experience as a prison guard with combat skills — but from then on, she pretty much divides her time between office work and babysitting.
- Happily Married: To her second husband Ree Woo.
Chang WongThe tech guy in New Babylon working as a mole for the Tribulation Force, who is Ming Toy's brother.
- Driven to Suicide: He contemplates suicide when he sees that he has been forced to bear the Mark of the Beast despite being a believer, but David Hassid talks him out of it.
- Heel–Face Door-Slam: Averted in his case concerning the Mark of the Beast, as it was forced upon him after his becoming a believer while he was drugged by his parents.
- Reverse Mole: Working as a techie for Carpathia while secretly informing the Tribulation Force of any Global Community activities.
Naomi TiberiasThe tech girl in Petra.
Eleazar TiberiasThe father of Naomi Tiberias.
- Overprotective Dad: Mostly to the extent of his own culture, though he does allow Naomi to go with Rayford and Abdullah to get Chang out of New Babylon during the plague of darkness.
Dwayne TuttleA member of the Tribulation Force who works as a pilot for the International Commodity Co-op, along with his wife Trudy.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Told Leon Fortunato he was the False Prophet straight to his face and lampshaded it. Ended up paying for it.
- Happily Married: To Trudy Tuttle.
- Together in Death: With his wife Trudy.
Chelsea Noble (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force, Left Behind: World At War)
Nicky Whelan (Left Behind 2014)The flight attendant who worked alongside Rayford Steele as his intended love interest. She later became Nicolae Carpathia's personal assistant and then departed from him to go underground, eventually becoming a believer.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: She denounces both the Antichrist and the False Prophet in public and is instantly incinerated for it.
- Distressed Damsel: How often she requires somebody to save her.
- Faking the Dead: Does this in order to escape a GC detention center with the help of her friends.
- Madonna–Whore Complex: As pointed out in the Slacktivist blog, Rayford has this this toward her
- Real Women Don't Wear Dresses: More stereotypically feminine than the other main female characters that the authors have more respect for.
Steve PlankThe former editor-in-chief of Global Weekly, who became a believer under the alias of Pinkerton Stephens and an undercover mole.
- Body Horror: He wears an artificial face to hide how disfigured his actual face looks.
- No-One Could Survive That: Though horribly disfigured, he managed to survive the Wrath of the Lamb earthquake.
- Put on a Bus: In Tribulation Force, when he was hardly heard from since World War III.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned in The Mark, though as his new identity Pinkerton Stephens.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: He was thought to have been killed during the Wrath of the Lamb Earthquake, but is pretty much alive...yet horribly disfigured, and going by the name Pinkerton Stephens.
- Happily Married: To Priscilla Sebastian.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: His rescue mission gets the whole Greek Co-op wiped out.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Delivers a Good News, Bad News to Elena before he kills her in the Dramatic Audio version of The Remnant.
- You Are In Charge Now: Takes over control of the Co-op when Chloe Williams is killed.
- Meaningful Name: Razor even tells how he got it.
Raymie SteeleThe son of Rayford Steele and his first wife Irene, who was raptured along with his mother.
- Chaste Hero: The nature of his new body and mind renders him permanently unable to seek a romance with anyone.
Kenny Bruce WilliamsThe son of Buck and Chloe Williams
- Dead Guy Junior: He was named after Buck and Chloe's compatriots Ken Ritz and Bruce Barnes.
- Happily Married: To Ekaterina Risto during the Millennium.
- I Want My Mommy: In the Dramatic Audio version of Armageddon when he learns from his dad that his mom died and went to be with Jesus.
- Not What It Looks Like: Kenny gets involved in a situation where he is framed for being a traitor of the Millennium Force. It turns out that the whole thing was the work of Qasim Marid, a mole who was working for The Other Light.
Zaki AbabnehThe son of Abdullah Smith
Bahira AbabnehThe daughter of Abdullah Smith
Gordon Currie (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force, Left Behind: World At War)Becomes the Supreme Potentate of the Global Community. The Antichrist of the series.
- Berserk Button: Don't you dare call Nicolae "impotent"!
- Big "SHUT UP!": Attempted and failed with Jesus Christ speaking The Word Of God in the Dramatic Audio version of Glorious Appearing.
- Broken Pedestal: Increasingly becomes this to the world when they slowly begin to see through his original noble character facade just how evil he really is.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Dismisses Hattie's death as 'cooked a harmless woman with a big mouth.'
- Came Back Wrong: Carpathia's resurrection involves him being possessed by Satan himself.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Prior to becoming the President of Romania, anyone who stood in his way were killed or bribed into submission.
- Dead Guy on Display: Was this during his wake right before his publicly-seen "resurrection".
- Deadpan Snarker: Post-indwelling.
- Defiant to the End: Nicolae is this to Jesus...until Satan is cast out of him.
- Designer Babies: Was said to be one in the prequel series, though Jesus said in Glorious Appearing that all his gifts came from God, not from science.
- Devil in Plain Sight: You'd have to be a hard-core Nicolae Carpathia fan to not see it, or not even care to see it.
- Drunk with Power: Nicolae becomes this post-indwelling, until Satan comes out temporarily to remind him that he is just a shell when Nicolae gets too big for his britches.
- Dull Surprise: His treatment of Viv Ivins' death in the Dramatic Audio version of Glorious Appearing.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Jetty
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Clearly not the case with him, as he and Viv Ivins engineered Marilena Carpathia's death when he was old enough to not need his mother anymore.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He treats his mentor Viv Ivins like a beloved aunt, but post-indwelling, when Ivins sits on his throne, she is put in the doghouse until a year before the Glorious Appearing, when Nicolae forgives her. In the Dramatic Audio, though, Ivins gets crushed by a hailstone during the seventh Bowl Judgment, and he just casually shrugs off her death.
- God in Human Form: Claims to be this, but is really indwelt by Satan.
- Has Two Daddies: Through the nature of genetic engineering, two gay men had their altered sperm impregnated into Nicolae's mother. They were both killed off when Nicolae no longer needed them.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Near the end of Glorious Appearing, he ends up having to kneel before Jesus Christ and confess that He is Lord.
- If You Die, I Call Your Stuff: After executing both Todd-Cothran and Stonagal, Nicolae is the sole inheritor of both their estates. When the children of both men dispute the claim, Nicolae simply pays them off under the condition that they do not contest the will.
- The Insomniac: Before being indwelt by Satan, people comment that Nicolae never seems to sleep as he is often too busy. After he is indwelt he never has to sleep at all and remains awake for 3 and 1/2 years.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Leon, who is twenty years his senior.
- Large Ham: His moment of resurrecting Leon Fortunato from the dead in the Dramatic Audio gets pretty hammy.
- Last Villain Stand: Attempted and failed.
- Perpetual-Motion Monster: One of the perks of being possessed by Satan is that Nicolae no longer needs to sleep, drink or eat; the evil power of Satan providing all of his needs. When Satan leaves his body, all of this is immediately canceled and Nicolae becomes a shriveled, emaciated barely-living cadaver.
- Power Glows: When New Babylon is plunged into darkness, Nicolae emits a small aura of light so that his inner circle can find their way out.
- Reluctant Ruler: Since Fortunato taught him out to feign humility, Carpathia offers token resistance to the role of Secretary-General of the U.N. Only when he accepts do things go downhill.
- Too Dumb to Live: He fulfills Scriptural prophecy about himself to a T without any deviation, thinking that he's going to succeed against God and Jesus Christ despite growing evidence that it isn't.
- Villain Song: Gets one in the form of his own national anthem "Hail Carpathia".
- Villain with Good Publicity: It starts to seriously degrade from Book Ten onwards.
- You Have No Idea Who You're Dealing With: Post-indwelling, Carpathia promises that things for those who call him Antichrist will get much worse.
Leon FortunatoOriginally the Supreme Commander of the Global Community, later became the High Reverend Father of Carpathianism. The False Prophet of the series.
- Big "NO!": Leon screams this in the Dramatic Audio when he gets sent to the Lake of Fire.
- Butt Monkey: Gets at least one moment per book to look like an idiot, and usually gets himself hurt in the process.
- Death from Above: Leon Fortunato is imbued by Satan with the ability to call lightning and pillars of fire from the sky. An incredibly useful ability he uses all of two times. After killing Hattie he keeps finding excuses not to do it.
- Dirty Coward: Becomes this when he and Nicolae are brought before Jesus.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: A lesson some members of the Tribulation Force have learned the hard way.
- The Dragon: To Nicolae.
- Heel–Faith Turn: Attempts this when he is brought before Jesus, but it doesn't work.
- High Priest: Taking over for Peter Mathews when Nicolae is resurrected from the dead.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Nicolae, who is twenty years his junior.
- Last Villain Stand: Attempted and failed.
- Sinister Minister: Takes over this role after Peter Mathews is killed and Enigma Babylon One World Faith folds.
- Yes-Man: To Nicolae.
Peter MathewsThe leader of Enigma Babylon One World Faith during the Tribulation.
- Et Tu, Brute?: The manner of his death.
- Feather Flechettes: His death was with sharp feathers from an ice sculpture made of him.
- High Priest: Before he was replaced by Leon Fortunato.
- Evil Mentor: To Marilena Carpathia
- Left Hanging: Her fate in the books, though implied through the events of Glorious Appearing that she doesn't live to enter into the Millennium.
- Meaningful Name: Her name consists of the Roman number VI repeated three times, hence 666.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: Her fate in the Dramatic Audio presentation, as she is killed by a giant hailstone.
Suhail AkbarThe Security and Intelligence Chief of the Global Community.
- The Brute: The longest-surviving one in Carpathia's cabinet.
- Ambiguously Gay: Sounds a tad fruity in the Dramatic Audio presentation.
- It Is Pronounced Tropay: He is very insistent on the actual pronunciation of his name.
- It's Not Porn, It's Art: How he defends his highly-detailed metal nude statue of the late Antichrist as a memorial.
- Despair Event Horizon: His getting Ramon Santiago killed when he spilled the beans about something overheard from Nicolae's offices led to his suicide.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: After failing to kill Micah when he was supernaturally protected, Loren tells Carpathia off before he is killed.
- Calling Your Attacks: Becomes a victim of an Ironic Echo from Nicolae Carpathia in the Dramatic Audio when he fails in getting Tsion Ben-Judah off the air with his messages.
ElenaA mole working for the Global Community posing as Georgiana Stavros
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: She and her fellow agents try to pull this on George Sebastian.
- Absurdly Bright Light: He emits a very bright shadowless light upon His arrival from heaven.
- Good Is Not Nice: He didn't quite hesitate to condemn those to hell for not choosing Him.
- Good Is Not Soft: He isn't called the Lion of Judah and the Lamb of God for nothing!
- Grandpa God: Depicted as this, based on the Book of Revelation. And according to Naomi Tiberias in the Dramatic Audio version of Glorious Appearing, He is handsome.
- Hot God: Naomi Tiberias sees Him as handsome.
- I Have Many Names: Jesus even recites them upon His arrival from heaven.
- Immune to Bullets: Even a missile does nothing to Him in His current state.
- Kneel Before God: Does this to Nicolae, Leon, and Satan.
- Large Ham Title: Jesus has some interesting titles.
- Light Is Not Good: If you're on the Antichrist's side and you're facing Jesus at His Glorious Appearing, expect to kiss your life goodbye!
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": The reaction He gets from those who took the mark of loyalty and worshiped the Antichrist's image during the 'sheep and goats' judgment.
- Omniglot: He can supernaturally speak to people in their own languages.
- One Hit Poly Kill: Jesus' WMD is The Word Of God.
- Only I Can Kill Him: Jesus is the only one who can defeat Nicolae, Leon, and Satan.
- Person of Mass Destruction: His Word alone can kill many people en masse.
- Power Glows: He is literally "the Light of the world".
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "I AM WHO I AM" (cue massive pwnage of the Antichrist's forces). He later does this to The Other Light in Kingdom Come.
- Words Can Break My Bones: Jesus' Words can split you right open and turn you into a gory mess, if you happen to be opposing Him during the Battle of Armageddon. His Words even caused the three fallen angels — Ashtaroth, Baal, and Cankerworm — to instantly incinerate and become ashes in seconds.
- You Are In Charge Now: Turns over the kingdom to God the Father at the end of the Millennium.
Eli and MoisheThe two witnesses
- Badass Beard: Seen mostly in the graphic novels.
- Dead Guys On Display: Remained dead and unburied for 3 1/2 days before they were resurrected.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Constantly denounced Carpathia as Antichrist, but were spared death until the days of their preaching have ended, according to The Word of God.
- Kill It with Fire: How they deal with those who come against them during their days of preaching.
- Evil Mentor: To Nicolae, Leon, and Viv.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Jesus recites Satan's boast in Isaiah 14:13-14 right back at him while adding verse 15 to declare his fate.
- Kill the God: Satan's aim and goal, which gets foiled in the end according to The Word of God.
- Large Ham Title: Satan has his share of these
- Monster from Beyond the Veil: Becomes this after he possesses Nicolae, making him more evil and granting him supernatural powers.
- The Resenter: Satan didn't take being in the shadow of God's only begotten Son very well.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Becomes this during the Millennium when Michael the archangel bounds him up and locks him away in the bottomless pit.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: transforms into a lion, and a snake, and in a dream sequence he turns into a seven-headed dragon.
Marilena CarpathiaThe mother of Nicolae Carpathia who appears only in the prequel stories.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: In the prequel novel The Rising, Marilena Carpathia wishes to become a mother. Enter Viviana Ivansova (Viv Ivins), who makes the following proposal to her: join our group and swear loyalty to her lord, and she will have the baby she so desperately desire. Marilena should have read the fine print about what her son will become in the future.
- Deal with the Devil: See above.
- Heel–Faith Turn: Attempts this when she was poisoned and near death. Whether she was saved or not is up for debate.
Chrisite MacFayden (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force)
Lea Thompson (Left Behind 2014)The wife of Rayford Steele
- Crisis of Faith: Irene Steele experiences this before switching to New Hope Baptist Church.
- I Warned You: Turns out that she and her church were right all along about the Rapture.
Verna ZeeWas Lucinda Washington's replacement as the editor-in-chief of the Chicago Global Weekly office.
- Black Boss Lady: In the 2000-2005 films. See also Race Lift and Composite Character.
- Bury Your Gays: Dies during the Wrath Of The Lamb earthquake.
- Composite Character: In Left Behind: Tribulation Force II, Verna Zee is combined with African-American Lucinda Washington, the previous editor-in-chief of the Global Weekly office in Chicago.
- Race Lift: Became a black woman in the 2000-2005 films. See also Composite Character.
- Straw Feminist: And a lesbian to boot.
Krista Bridges (Left Behind: The Movie, Left Behind II: Tribulation Force)Buck Williams' assistant in the 2000-2005 Cloud Ten Pictures film series.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Alice Nelson from the Left Behind books, both of whom were mistaken for Buck Williams' fiancee by Chloe.
- Adaptational Badass: Was made out to be somewhat more sinister in the movie version of the first book.
- The Chessmaster: His Project People's Victory was for the benefit of him possibly ruling the world with his created "puppet ruler", the Antichrist.
- Adaptational Nationality: Was British in the books, became American in the 2000 film.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Was made into this in the movies. Lampshaded as such in the books.
Louis Gosset, Jr. (Left Behind: World At War)The President Of The United States at the time that the Tribulation started.
- Bald Black Leader Guy: In the 2000-2005 films, as played by Louis Gosset, Jr.
- No-One Could Survive That: Survives a plunge from a high-rise office in Left Behind: World At War.
- Race Lift: Caucasian in the books, became African-American in the films.
- Taking You with Me: Near the end of Left Behind: World At War, President Gerald Fitzhugh attempts to take down Nicolae Carpathia by having a missile being fired directly toward him while he was meeting Carpathia in his office. Unfortunately, Carpathia survives.
- Dying Curse: According to T.M. Delanty, upon finding out that his brother Samuel was killed while escorting Hattie Durham, Bo Hansen got wasted in a bar, pulled out a gun, cursed Nicolae, God and the world, and killed himself.
- If You Die, I Call Your Stuff: Attempts to get his hands on the wealth Ken Ritz had stashed at Palwaukee Airport when the plague of locust demons strikes.