Nightmare Fuel: Left Behind
- Left Behind: The Kids, in contrast to the adult series, is the fate of a group of young men and women as they struggle to cope with the horrid apocalypse. Their parents have all disappeared, everyone's getting beheaded right and left, everything's out to get them, and the adults that are left don't give a crap if the people they're threatening with death all range in age from thirteen to eighteen.
- A thirteen-year-old dies in an earthquake in the beginning of the series. Gruesomely. Another teenager dies when her house collapses on her and traps her and her father in the rubble. The main group of teenagers are forced to spend the night in a cave full of snakes (despite the intense phobia of at least one of them), so they can avoid being caught and tortured by GC troops.
- One boy gets drugged by his own dad in order to force him to take the Mark of the Beast. Two other teens get kidnapped, held for ransom, and threatened with death by drowning. The world they live in is basically anarchy + a police state, and no authority figures have time to help them.
- Also, half the adult figures that the younger characters respect end up getting killed off (some very early on in the global earthquake ). The younger teens have to go through all the weirdness of puberty, with only slightly older teens to help them, while navigating a world of supernatural violence.
- The entire setting is, in theory, rife with Nightmare Fuel and Fridge Horror. Between the Rapture making millions of people disappear instantaneously, the divine punishments visited on the world by God, and that wonderful period where Death Takes a Holiday, there's a lot of room for Religious Horror. Unfortunately, most of it remains as Subtext while we focus on the fight between the Tribulation Forces and the Global Community.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.