- A Day in the Limelight: Two chapters of ITS MY LIFE! and one of TEEN FORTRESS 2 are written from Wheelty's POV, but that should not be taken as a sign of good writing: (From The Half-World MSTing)Wheatley’s POV is worse than Marissa’s. Not only do we have to endure the OOC-ness and the misuse of British slang, we also have to endure the Sue getting praised.
- Did Not Do the Bloody Research
- Power of Love
- What Could Have Been - The original draft of ITS MY LIFE! had Chell take the role of Marrissa, but the author didn't deem it funny enough.
- Balls of Steel: Complete with a reference to Duke Nukem Forever. The balls themselves are "Space and Rick cores".
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Just before being shot into space, Rattmann tells a story about how Gabe Jonson couldn't have children with GLaDOS normally (even though Marrissa and Wheatly can) and instead made Marrissa and Chell artificially, but DNA was all mixed up and Rattmann's DNA was used instead of Gabe's for one of the tubes, which would mean Rattmann is in fact Chell's biological father.
- Cyborg - Presumably.
- Dead Guy Junior
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Shipping - Despite being still a baby, she has already been shipped with Skepness Man.
- Back from the Dead
- Driven to Suicide: She kills herself by "cutting" when she learns her origins.
- Gasshole: In chapter 5 of IT'S MY LIFE!, she pumps the room with "icky green farts".
- Goth Emo
- Back from the Dead
- Drugs Are Bad: A living example.
- Generation Xerox: Double-subverted. Atbod and P-Las claim to be good child versions of Atlas and P-Boy, but in reality both pairs were given drugs and beer, time-travel and make a friend who starts drinking (Wheatley for Atlas and P-Boy, Haymitch Abernathy for Atbod and P-Las).
- This is for Emphasis, B***!
- Split Personality - While the GLaDOS part is noticeably the one in control, Chell briefly takes over to reassure Marrissa that she needs to be killed.
- Take a Third Option - When Marrissa faces a dilemma of whetter CHELLGaDOS needs to live or die, she decides to make a black hole and only take GLaDOS's pieces out. However, Chell has suffered fatal damage from being fused with GLaDOS and dies shortly thereafter.
Scot "Scout" ParkerScot is the class in TF2 the author considers the most important, and the main character of the "TEEN FORTRESS 2" fan fic.Not much is known about him, but what Marrissa told about him contradicts what Valve told about him: he is described as a dog/human hybrid from "Florda" (instead of Boston, Massachusetts) whose eight (rather than seven in the canon) brothers were always eating his homework and forcing him to do theirs. He also had a girlfriend "Katty Smithereens" who was named after Marrissa's real life friend of the same name, owns a baseball bat nicknamed "Marrissa" and escapes from his house to the Portal High School after killing his oldest brother "Wulf". He dies in THE MARRISSA GAMES performing a heroic "sakrifase" to avenge the death of Pyro.Tropes:
- Heroic Sakrifase
- I Call It "Vera" - Scot names his baseball bat Marrissa, and doesn't know why, because the reason is actually in the future.
- That also means we have Marrissa the Author/"Writer", Marrissa the Character and Marrissa the Baseball Bat.
Tanya "Pyro" LockwoodPyro is called the second most important class of TF2, and is Scout's girlfriend.It is revealed that she is in fact a girl in Chapter 2, when Scot accidentally enters the wrong bathroom and sees one of the naked girls putting on a suit. She and Scot then become lovers. She died in THE MARRISSA GAMES, taking the place of the girl who once lit a fire in the night and was tracked down by the Careers.Misspellings: Piro, Pryo
Katty SmithereensA escaped zoo Koala that Sniper and Scot find while walking to school. Sniper decides to keep Katty as a pet and Scot names her "in onor of his dead girlfriend". Katty can apparently speak to Sniper because he's Australian and thus knows koala language somehow...Tropes:
SpySpy is madly in love with Caroline and attempts to rape her and is expelled. Later he returns to save Caroline from Cave Jonson but fails and in utter despair commits "sewiside".He is also described as having a hideously deformed face full of "cancerous plimples, greesy marks, a brand that says "SLOOT" an experimental hair".Tropes:
Other classesOther classes are less important and detailed, but several facts are given about them:
- Ingineer is the smartest guy among of Teen Fortress 2. He passed the time travel exam and is capable of building a time machine.
- Heevy's gun "Sasa" was raped by football players in the past, which makes him fight against any rape he sees.
- Snipper is Scot's best friend, and they live together after Scot escaped from his hose. He has a pet koala named "Katty Smithereens".
- Solder had a sort-of-girlfriend Jenny Weasley, however it turned out she was an undercover agent from Britain on a mission to "assinate" Mr. Sanpe. She left him once Sanpe was killed.
- Demoman also has a girl with a similar status, Gaz, who was close to breaking up after she was annoyed that he was addicted to "drugs and beer", but Scot managed to fix him and they went back to being lovers.
- Groin Attack: Cave Jonson roundhouse kicks Rattmann in his "man place" which causes his testicles to explode covering Scout and Pyro in their remains. This is why he replaced his balls with the Space and Rick cores.
- Moe Anthropomorphism - Of the robo ball from Portal 2.
- This also leads to Brain Uploading orchestrated by Cave Jonson (the evil twin).
- Actually, in Marrissa's canon Wheatly remained mostly organic. All that happened was the skeleton and one eye were removed, somehow making his body ball-shaped, the other eye was enlarged and the skin was turned into metal. He even got to keep his testicles.
- This also leads to Brain Uploading orchestrated by Cave Jonson (the evil twin).
- a History teacher Mr. Pursell who is described as "dumb" and blushes from love notes directed to someone else; Chapter seven implies that he is actually Steve Purcell, creator of Sam & Max.
- a Math teacher Mr. Sanpe (lol) who is given a slightly longer backstory: he used to be a teacher in Britain but he killed the principal and escaped the judgment so he came to teach at Portal High School and changed his name only to be killed by Jenny Weasley. He therefore was very pissed off at everyone, especially hermaphrodites, and used to give Scot a lot of F's;
- another Math teacher, "Mr. Logik Edtor" / Mr. Logik, who does not hurl abuse at the students, but fails to make the class interesting.
- Fail O'Suckyname:Caroline’s mother is named Genetic Lifeform and Disc Operating System?What were Caroline’s grandparents smoking?
- Anachronism Stew - He's the president in a time period with computers and televisions, Ferraris and Miley Cyrus (but not Justin Bieber or Back to the Future).
- A Day in the Limelight - They star in chapter five (actually chapter seven) of THE MARRISSA GAMES, appropriately titled "J AN KS WUBULOS ADVENTURE".
- Berserk Button - K is very insistent that meat is supposed to be inside people, not growing on walls.
- Bi the Way - He's nervous around J an K because he fears their "sexay bodis" will make him cheat on his true love, "Hermoany".
- Cameo: Eventually confirmed to be Malcolm Tucker.It’s probably the most obscure character I’ve used in any fanfiction, serious or trollfic.By the way, no one has come even close to figuring out who Sweary Guy is...
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Cameo: He is a completely OOC version of Captain William "Whip" Whitaker from Flight.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door
- Reverse Mole
- The Mole: He's secretly working for President Snow.
- The Stoner: Whip is unable to see out his airplane's windows due all the "drug smoke" in the cockpit.
- the original Falmer Trollz (Skepkitty + Telltale Fanfic Theater 3000);
- Cato the huge bipedal cat; he is later burned horribly and becomes "Freddy Cougar"
- "Roo" the half-kangaroo;
- Glummer, mainly used in a very disturbing scene where she mistakes a tracker jacker nest for a tampon;
- Fresh, mentioned by Haymish to be a serious threat and
- Fawkesface/Fauxfeces, who is a Career and has only been seen together with Glummer before the Games.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - As mentioned on the main page, Marrissa has some rather... odd ideas about things.
- Creator Breakdown - In later chapters, especially in TEEN FORTRESS 2, Marrissa becomes increasingly angry in her author's notes and the spelling will at those times get even worse than usual. She's also started writing in the various "Falmer Trolls" as some form a revenge, derailing the main story to work in things to annoy them. TEEN FORTRESS 2 also has even more nonsensical plot twits and a lot of Gorn compared to ITS MY LIFE!
- Expy - Shares many traits with D'arkYagam'i. Her Self Insert Mary Sue OC lacks an Overly Long Name, she introduces Loads and Loads of Characters who are either taken from canon or are her reviewers, has developed her stories into a shared universe, found her own TV Tropes page and is writing a The Hunger Games crossover.
- Genius Ditz - The Half-World blog points out several pieces of evidence that Marrissa might be smarter than she lets on.With It’s My Life, it’s ridiculous right out the gate. The author slipped in an Atlas Shrugged joke in chapter 1, and right after that followed it up by using Ayn Rand’s name in place of the words “and ran”, which seems cleverer than your average terrible fanfic writer. It’s over-the-top and in-your-face crazy right from the beginning.So, no, I don’t think there’s solid evidence that MarissaTheWriter is a troll, but I think behind the stupid Cloudcuckoolander mask is someone more intelligent than they’re letting on.
- Sock Puppet - Of Sue Mary. Of course, when they join the same Tumblr blog, they're two different people à la Sacha Baron Cohen's characters.
- Better Than Canon - This is his intention.
- IKEA Erotica - Logic added a sex scene, even though Marrissa was against it.
- The Mole - Even though he's "working for" Marrissa, he let slip his Skepkitty fandom while beta-reading Chapter 9. He even wrote chatting with Skep (who turned out to be a bully further in the original story) into the chapter.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Business Man started out as a friendly principal, then joined the falmer trollz in Invader Zim Born Again Christian, then defected back to being a good guy prior to The Marrissa Games. (His Face-Heel Turn was acknowledged by Marrissa despite it having happened in a separate universe; apparently the falmer trollz are an intercontinuity faction.)
- Love Makes You Evil: His love for Skepkitty was what made Business Man go bad in the first place. Guess it didn't matter much that she was a student when Business Man was the principal, and got eaten by Scot's brothers at graduation. Or that in said alternate continuity, they were turned into one person then killed, and their baby christened.
- Or that Skepkitty is actually a he.
- Negative Continuity: Business Man's activities since TEEN FORTRESS 2 appear to be from Invader Zim Born Again Christian, which Marrissa insisted was in a separate continuity. Even if IZBAC was in this continuity it still wouldn't make sense, as Business Man is killed and fused with Skepkitty to become "Skepness Man", who was then killed by Nny.
Return to ITS MY LIFE!.