Sacha Baron Cohen is an English comedian, actor and gadfly extraordinaire best known for his fictional personas (including the gangsta-wannabe Ali G, racist and backward foreign journalist Borat Sagdiyev, gay Austrian fashonista Brüno, Gaddafi-like Arab dictator Admiral General Shabazz Aladeen) generally used to provoke reactions from people who don't know they're fictional so as to expose their own bigotry and for really dark Black Comedy.
Works featuring Sacha Baron Cohen's characters include:
- Da Ali G Show - Ali G/Borat/Bruno
- Ali G Indahouse - Ali G/Borat
- Borat - Borat
- Brüno - Bruno
- The Dictator - Admiral General Aladeen
- Grimsby - Nobby Butcher
Other works in which Sacha Baron Cohen has appeared include:
- Madagascar series, as King Julien
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, as Signor Adolfo Pirelli (real name Davy Collins)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, as Jean Girard.
- Hugo as the Station Inspector
- Les Misérables (2012) as Thernadier
- The Simpsons as Jakob
- Alice Through the Looking Glass as Time
Tropes related to Baron Cohen and his films:
- Man of a Thousand Voices: One of his trademarks. This guy can do any accent!
- Reclusive Artist: A necessity if you want to mess with total strangers and not have them recognize you.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Troll: Famously.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Most of his characters are this by default, in order to make the trolling work. Often they are an outright Villain Protagonist.