Characters: Dragon Age: Origins – DLC Characters
open/close all folders
Characters from the Dragon Age: Origins
DLC. Note that Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening
has its own characters page
Leliana's Song Characters
A surfacer dwarf who works for Marjolaine.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Loves to brag about how tough he is.
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: He makes jokes about this when he sees Marjolaine tackle Leliana.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He goads the Hard Line Guards into torturing him before Sketch, because they'll remove Sketch's hands to prevent him using magic, and he figures he could take the punishment they have in store. Unfortunately, he is wrong.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He gives his friends a hard time, but he is fiercely loyal to them, as exemplified by hisHeroicSacrifice.
- Sacrificial Lion: His death shows how serious the consequences of Marjolaine betrayal are.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Sketch's blue.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sketch.
Voiced by: John Ulyatt
An elven apostate mage specialized in healing magic who works for Marjolaine.
A man who Leliana rescues from prison.
Voiced by: Mark Healy
The leader of the Hard Line mercenaries.
- The Beastmaster: He has a horde of "pets" for you to deal with. Including a dragon.
- Cluster F-Bomb: "Sodding bitch-born Orlesian whore" is probably the most profane sentence in the franchise.
- Disney Villain Death: No matter who kills him, he falls off a cliff without showing what happens to his body.
- The Dragon: To Marjolaine. He even has his own literal pet dragon that must be killed before he is dealt with.
- Dragon-in-Chief: He's the main antagonistic force in the DLC, not Marjolaine.
- Fantastic Racism: Against Orlesians.
- Hypocrite: He hates Orlesians, but has no issue with sleeping with Marjolaine.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Literally. Leliana or Silas kicks him off a cliff, much to the player's satisfaction.
- Villainous Breakdown: See Cluster F-Bomb. Also, his reaction if Leliana tells him that she will expose his attempts to start a war with Orlais.
Mother Dorothea/ Divine Justinia V
Voiced by: Kath Soucie
An Orlesian Revered Mother in Denerim, who helps Leliana escape from prison.
- Bi the Way: Much like Leliana, she was seduced by and became an Unwitting Pawn of Marjolaine.
- Big Good: Of Leliana's Song. She is also implied to be one of main reasons for Leliana's eventual Heel-Faith Turn.
- The Chessmaster: Her re-introduction in Asunder has it mentioned that she's an expert of The Game.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Alludes to having a similar background as Leliana, although the details of her "colourful past" are not ever revealed.
- Rank Up: Dorothea goes from being a Revered Mother in Denerim to Divine Justinia V, after the death of the elderly Beatrix III.
Witch Hunt Characters
Voiced by: Corri English
A Dalish Elf looking for Morrigan after the latter stole a tome detailing elven lore from her clan. Having a common goal, she joins the Warden-Commander in searching for the witch. Voiced by Corri English.
- Action Girl: A dalish warrior.
- Deadpan Snarker: Aimed at the Circel Tower's way of live mostly.
- Dual Wielding: Her default fighting style of choice.
- Hyper Awareness: After noticing the male Warden fiddles with the ring that a romanced Morrigan gave him when he thinks no one else is looking, she becomes aware the Warden might have more personal reasons for finding Morrigan.
- Locked Out of the Loop: However, if the Warden had previously mentioned that Morrigan had taken his child, it's unclear whether Ariane ever figured out that this was because Morrigan was actually the child's mother, rather than a kidnapper as she'd initially assumed.
- Lady of War: She renames one of her swords to something more feminine because the previous named disturbed her.
- The Knights Who Say Squee: On discovering the identity of the Dalish Warden.
- The Prankster: Hinted at having elements of this in Circle Tower. Dog ends up having to restrain her.
Finn, AKA Florian Phinneas Horatio Aldebrant, Esquire
A rather foppish Circle mage. A bookworm at heart, about the only thing that will make him leave the Tower willingly is if he has a chance to delve into some ancient Elven or Tevinter history.
The Darkspawn Chronicles
The Darkspawn Chronicles Characters
The Hurlock Vanguard
The player character for the Darkspawn Chronicles
, a powerful Darkspawn who fights and kills most of the Dragon Age: Origins
cast in an alternate universe.
The Golems of Amgarrak
The Golems of Amgarrak Characters
A dwarf noble who requests the Warden's help in investigating Amgarrak Thaig.
- The Beastmaster: Summons a bronto to fight alongside the party.
- Big Brother Instinct: Unlike the rest of House Dace, who wrote Brogan off as dead, Jerrik funded the entire expedition out of his own pocket in order to rescue Brogan.
- Dual Wielding
- The Unfettered: If you warn him that reviving Caridin's research is a poor idea, he'll snap that you ought to spare him your moralizing.
Voiced by: John Ulyatt
Jerrik's missing brother.
- Badass: Brogan is mentioned to have been on the frontline of every assault into the Deep Roads in recent history.
- Handicapped Badass: He's more than a little shell-shocked after what he's been through, but there's a reason he's the last one standing in Amgarrak.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Brogan's mental state can be partly attributed to lyrium exposure, but seeing the horrors of what the Harvester got up to didn't help matters. Probably the shell-shock mentioned above didn't hurt.