"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite page on TV Tropes."Mark Meer is a Canadian voice actor, writer, and stage improvisor, best known for his role as the male Commander Shepard in Bioware's Mass Effect franchise. While not as prolific as some voice actors, his range is extensive and versatile, and he's voiced countless minor characters in video games, many of them produced by Bioware.He's also a core member of the Edmonton based improvised soap opera Die-Nasty, and was the first of only two actors to remain on stage for 53 straight hours without rest. According to Mark, he's done it over twenty five times since his first time in the 1990s.Has a Twitter account.
- Mass Effect (The trilogy as a whole): Commander Shepard (male), all Hanar and Vorcha.
- Dragon Age:
- Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition: Rasaad yn Bashir, Baeloth Barrityll
- The Long Dark: The unnamed male survivor in sandbox mode.
Tropes associated with Mark Meer
- Badass Baritone: As Shepard. It's also his normal speaking voice.
- Classically Trained Extra: He's said that his training in improv has let him jump right into any voice acting role with little preparation.
- Determinator: See Doing It for the Art below.
- Doing It for the Art: He spent 53 solid hours improvising on stage during an improv marathon, mostly because he loves it.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: His range is quite versatile, to say the least. He was originally hired by Bioware for Mass Effect to come up with the alien voices. Even though Bioware was impressed enough with him to hire him as the male Commander Shepard voice, he still voices several aliens in the trilogy, all of whom sound considerably different from his Shepard voice.
- One of Us: He loves Mass Effect, and always plays the games as both a Paragon and a Renegade. He's cosplayed as Commander Shepard at several different conventions. He's also well-versed in many of the memes spawned by the series.
- He's also cosplayed Hobgoblin
- Platonic Life Partners: With Jennifer Hale.
- Promoted Fanboy: Kind of. While he obviously wasn't a fan of Mass Effect when he was chosen for the role of Shepard, he's a big fan of actors like Keith David, Jennifer Hale, Seth Green, and Lance Henriksen and thought it was awesome to work with them.
- Talking to Himself: Happens from time to time, given how he voices so many minor characters. In Mass Effect, whenever Male!Shepard talks to a Hanar, a Vorcha, or a few other characters, this trope comes into play.