Characters: Courage The Cowardly Dog Minor Recurring Characters
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Simon PrebbleA Jerkass helper who Courage commonly goes to for advice on stopping the Big Bad of the episode. His advice for the most part works well, but his insults and sarcastic vibes gets contempt from Courage.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: But not an evil AI, just mean.
- In "Mega Muriel The Magnificent", a bolt of lightning temporarily turns him evil, and he somehow gains the ability to hijack Muriel's body.
- British Stuffiness / The Mean Brit: He speaks with a British accent.
- Catchphrase: "You Twit."
- Character Blog: He has a Twitter account, You Twits.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Mega Muriel the Magnificent" and "Hardrive Courage".
- Deadpan Snarker / Snarky Inanimate Object: He never misses an opportunity for dry sarcasm or sardonicism.
- Freak Out: In "Hardrive Courage" when he gets a computer virus.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: As the end of his episode "Mega Muriel The Magnificent" would suggest.
- Omniscient Database: Seems to have everything to know on how to help Courage defeat the monsters that invade their home.
Voiced by: Tim Chi LyA guy of implied Chinese descent that makes small cameos in episodes where he almost runs into Courage (usually in his car) and says his catchphrase.
- All There in the Script: He's never referred to by name, though his name is known.
- Ascended Extra: Went from being a background character to an occasional antagonist.
- Catchphrase: "Watch where you're going, ya foo'!"
- A Day in the Limelight: "Courage vs. Mecha Courage", "Courage The Fly", and "Squatting Tiger Hidden Dog".
- Hypocritical Humor: Despite his catch phrase he's just as likely to be the one not paying attention.
- Ink-Suit Actor: He is modeled after Tim Chi Ly (the guy who did his voice).
- Jerkass: He's very rude to all passers by.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Like Eustace, he will usually pay for being a jerk.
- Mad Scientist: He has created the Mecha-Courage robot, and also potions that can turn people into flies or buffalo.
- Smarter Then He Looks: He's actually quite smart when you think that he was able to build things like Mecha-Courage or create magic potions (even if at first he failed at making what he wanted: a water buffalo). He was also a former student of the "Perfect" Teacher.
Voiced by: Paul SchoefflerNowhere's resident doctor. Not very reliable.
- Bollywood Nerd: Implied to be Indian.
- "There is nothing I can do, nothing at all."
- "There is nothing to worry about! But there is nothing I can do."
- "Just keep soaking it!"
- "What is up with that?"
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's extremely absent-minded and incompetent.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: His degree explicitly reads "M.D. Quack".
Voiced by: Billie Lou WattEustace's mother. Rather equally a Jerkass to her son as he is to Courage, she insults Eustace at every opportunity and as a contrast to her son she is nice to Courage. Occasionally she is the antagonist of a few episodes especially when it's something about helping with a company that helps with wigs.
- Abusive Parents: She and her favored son Horst mistreated Eustace.
- Bald of Evil: Covers it up with her wig.
- Bald Woman: Her baldness makes her very insecure.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She hasn't appeared in any episodes after "Scuba Scuba Doo".
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: She's the CEO of Growth Industries and occasionally does things unethical and/or illegal for her company's sake.
- Evil Redhead: It's a wig, but whatever.
- Jerkass: Mainly to her son, and to Courage when he gets in the way of her plans.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Minus the justice.
Charlie The Mouse
A large delivery mouse who is apparently friends with Courage.
- Catchphrase: "No prob."
- Deus ex Machina: Essentially his purpose in the series.
Shirley the Medium
Voiced by: Mary TestaA Gypsy chihuahua who is a witch and fortune-teller. She offers help or sells magical objects from her trailer. She is able to place curses on those who cross her (usually Eustace) and Courage has to go find her in order to reverse them.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: She is a green-furred dog.
- Anti-Hero: She can be very helpful unless angered.
- Berserk Button: Being rude to her and swindling her.
- The Cassandra: She often outright warns Eustace not to do something, but he never listens. That's why her catchphrase is pretty much telling him I Told You So.
- "The stupid one, he (insert action Eustace shouldn't have done here), yes?"
- "The stupid one, he's stupid, yes?"
- Deadpan Snarker: Toward Eustace.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Inverted. She is rather intelligent.
- Good Is Not Nice: She can be very helpful until she's provoked into cursing the offender.
- Gypsy Curse: Puts these on Eustace.
- I Told You So: "The stupid one, he (something she warned Eustace not to do but he did anyway), yes?"
- Karmic Trickster: She's normally a rather nice person when you stay on her good side, and often helps out Courage when he asks. However, if you're mean to her, she'll put a curse on you in a heartbeat, but she'll always leave a loophole for you to get out of them.
- Seen It All: Nothing really seems to faze her and she often knows how to deal with a lot of supernatural things Courage faces.
- Talking Animal: Unlike Courage, she always speaks in fluent English.
A recurring character. A short, bald man.
Eustace's deceased brother.
- The Ace: He seemed to have been the best at everything, which he liked to rub in Eustace's face.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: He found a cursed golden hat on a remote island.
- Big Brother Bully: He turned his little brother into an asshole like him.
- Egomaniac Hunter: He was a hunter and outdoorsman. He would refuse to take Eustace on hunting trips.
- Jerkass: It seems to run in the Bagge family.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Minus the justice.
- Posthumous Character: Although Eustace does contact Horst's soul in the afterlife through Shirley's seance ritual.
Officer/Professor/Captain/Pilot/Mayor/General/Park Ranger Frith
Another recurring character. A Top-Heavy Guy with a square jaw and a large mustache, which is red or white, depending on what character he's playing in the episode.
- Blinding Bangs: As a professor, he has a huge pith helmet that covers his eyes.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Turned Up to Eleven as the General (along with his Lieutenant, who's also one of these). They can be seen doing really nonsense things for no reason, such as abusing each other with a gold club and a chest-mounted cannon, as well as playing tug-a-war with a fellow soldier as the rope.
- Commissar Cap: Sports this as a police or military officer.
- Donut Mess with a Cop: In "Courage In The Big Stinkin' City", Courage throws a donut at him as a distraction.
Another recurring extra. A slim lady in a green jumpsuit.
The anchorman of Nowhere News. You'll know him as the guy who narrates the show's opening.
- Kent Brockman News: Often appears to report on something unusual.