- Anvilicious: The author really wants to drive Spec Ops: The Line's message of What Measure Is a Mook? with all the consequences of Walker's actions in the game being told through flashbacks.
- Archive Binge: You've got near-on two hundred chapters to go through if you want to get to the latest installment. Good luck.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Anytime in the story when the story's author breaks the fourth wall and has Country Ollman interact with the Weaver of Fate or the Handwavers comes off as this for some of the fandom.
- Die for Our Ship: Duke la Valliere is dead for five years, despite being alive through all of the original story. This comes to light as Duchess Karin rather suggestively offers to repay Crosby for saving her daughter. Might be simple Ship Tease, though.
- Les Yay: Played with when Lugo and Crosby walk in on Louise kissing Siesta. Ultimately subverted in the following chapter, as in the anime Louise mistook Siesta for Saito.
- Memetic Mutation: The author's nickname of referring to Louise as the pinkette. Also, the Damned 33rd's own nickname for Louise; the 'Walking IED'.
- Moral Event Horizon: Cromwell crosses this when he sacrifices Cardinal Halstaff and Gilbert Sullivan to help revive the Big Bad, Alduin.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed:
- When the Weaver of Fate 'acquires' new technology in the form of the prototype T-15 Armata the president makes an appearance. Though he is not named, it's pretty obvious who he is.
- When the Romalian Court is holding a conclave to decide whether to go to war with Tristain over the dragonstone the named cardinals, Montini and Melchiore, are actual historical figures. Namely, Popes Paul VI and Pius X, respectively.
- The Woobie: This is a Hurt/Comfort Fic for a reason:
YMMV / Zulu Squad No Tsukaima