- Awesome Music: 30 Seconds To Mars's "Echelon".Also, Christopher Young's score. (No, not that one).
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Stanley Tucci steals the movie and swallows it whole for breakfast.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The movie ends with Rat deliberately releasing all the details of Project Destiny online - think this is where Edward Snowden got the idea?
- MST3K Mantra: Science, Schmience — break out the popcorn and enjoy!
- Rat: "It's the whales! They're singing!"
- Keyes emotionally chewing out Beck for letting Serge die.
- Zimsky's anger-fueled breakdown after reaching his Rage Breaking Point on how stupid he thinks the team's plan is.
- So Bad, It's Good: Does it have any artistic merit? Not really. Is it nevertheless entertaining? Oooh yeah.
- Special Effects Failure: The CGI at times is quite impressive, but more often than not looks like they came straight off a Syfy B-movie.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Hilary Swank, especially in contrast to the screaming Ham and Cheese provided by Stanley Tucci and the visible amusement of Delroy Lindo. Aaron Eckhart is a borderline case in that his performance is fairly straight-faced, but he recounted in a later interview that he and Tucci nearly peed themselves laughing during certain scenes because the movie was SO ridiculous.
YMMV / The Core