- Anti-Climax Boss: SpaceGodzilla in Save The Earth. You have to play the game on a higher setting to fight him, and after the fight with Orga on the Vortaak Mothership where you have the Flying Saucers that are programmed from the start to focus on you, you have a completely fair fight with Space Godzilla.
- Goddamned Bats: The military. It's pretty much impossible to avoid damaging any buildings so the military is always going to show up and attack you. They don't do a lot of damage individually, but in large groups they can whittle your health down enough to affect the fight. You can't reliably dodge their fire, and while they can be killed just by walking into them, they appear endlessly so there isn't much point in attacking them. Trying to fight them will typically leave you open anyways. It's especially annoying on the final rounds in Destroy All Monsters Melee and Save The Earth where you fight on the Vortaak Mothership and the UFOs will always attack you.
- Most Wonderful Sound:
- "Rage!" - Whenever a monsters picks up the Rage power-up.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Mutants faction and Tyrant ending in Unleashed. The disasters caused by SpaceGodzilla's crystals get even worse as they cover the entire Earth with implication he exterminated all life the entire planet.
- That One Attack: Destroyah's Laser Blade, especially in Destroy All Monsters Melee. It can't be blocked, and does good damage. In the original game it's especially bad because the overhead swing knocks you over and Destroyah can keep hitting you with it over and over until he doesn't have the energy to keep it up, and there is nothing you can do to stop him. It's even worse in Unleashed, in which it doesn't use any energy like the first two games, making Destroyah an utter Game-Breaker.
- The Scrappy: Obsidius from Unleashed is strongly disliked among the Godzilla fandom for being a very generic lava monster with a bland design, stock roar, and no interesting motivation who won a character poll to be in the game over much more interesting kaiju like the Visitor and Lightning Bug.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: King Ghidorah in Destroy All Monsters will most likely be where new players will start to struggle as the game stops pulling punches. His lightning attack hurts, he has decent range on his melee and he can fly which allows him to blast you from the air. If you haven't figured out how to properly make use of your ranged attack or how useful throwing buildings can be, now's the time.
YMMV / Pipeworks Godzilla Trilogy