- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Is Natsuru truly a dense brain-dead idiot towards the women in his Unwanted Harem not named Sakura?, or has Sakura been influencing him to the point of Natsuru only caring for her and not the other girls who have been trying to impress him? The final few episodes where Sakura starts to genuinely brainwash him can make a valid case of the later.
- Is Sakura Kaede a normal girl possessed by a Moderator, a Moderator herself, or an excellent actress who is affiliated with the Moderators?
- Anti-Climax Boss: For as much as they're made a big deal of the White Kämpfer tend to go down pretty easily.
- Awesome Music:
- Cargo Ship: Natsuru and Bust in Für die Liebe.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: So far, a lot of people want to pair Natsuru and Shizuku. Even though Natsuru is Shizuku's Chew Toy.
- Les Yay:
- Oh, yes. The ending theme and opening theme crank this Up to Eleven.
- Same with the Karaoke Box scene in Episode 4. All three girls sing what could be construed as lesbian love songs...
- Shizuku's and Akane's could be construed as lesbian love songs. Kaede's WAS a lesbian love song.
- All in all, Natsuru's school seems to have rampant lesbianism abound.
- Memetic Mutation: Senou Natsuru, the densest material known to man.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Moderators as a whole cross this with the revelation that defeated Kämpfers are turned into Unpersons, meaning Kaede had already crossed the MEH just by her affiliation with the Moderators even before said affiliation was revealed at the end of episode 10.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The initial story about the Kämpferinnen is actually a rather interesting story and it presents a lot of moral issues in-universe for some characters. However, the show just sorta abandons any real impact of that in favor of a Ecchi Slice of Life comedy, and when it does give some focus to the actual Kämpfer storyline, it quickly reverts back to the comedy romance. Its one of the major reasons the series is so disliked.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: Natsuru has a harem. This is obviously the result.
- Squick: The talking plushies with their "guts" hanging out. Also, the fact Kaede has a room full of them. A girl obsessed with toy animals with their guts hanging out. There is absolutely nothing unusual about that. Nope, nothing at all.
YMMV / Kämpfer