Also known as Cendrillon au Far West or Cinderella: Once upon a time in the west, this 2012 CG-animated French film is a bizarre take on the classic Cinderella tale, where Cinderella is an anthropomorphic animal of ambiguous species living out in the Old West.
This movie provides examples of:
- Beauty = Goodness: The titular and good Cinderella is the most beautiful of all the characters, whereas the step mother and her daughters are as ugly inside as they look.
- Death by Adaptation: The wicked stepmother drowns in quicksand. Blink and you'll miss it, but the stepsisters somehow seemed to have escaped in time, though.
- Dog Stereotype / Bully Bulldog / Good Animals, Evil Animals:
- The wicked step mother appears to be a pit bull, while her daughters appear to be bulldogs. Or maybe they're not.
- The good prince is a beagle.
- Fairy Tale: The Cinderella story.
- Horse of a Different Color / Giant Flyer: They ride non-anthropomorphic vultures.
- The Mockbuster: Of Rango. Both feature ugly animals in a western siting that ride birds. It only came out a year after Rango was made, and it shows.
- Recycled INSPACE: Cinderella...IN THE WEST! It's odder than it sounds.
- Shout-Out: The pirate leader is named Barb Azul, after Perrault's Bluebeard
- The Western: They try to make it interesting by placing Cinderella in the West, but it just falls flat.