The plot, where it exists, involve the two title characters, who are, surprisingly, a stickman and a cube, breaking the fourth wall, running amok, insulting the author and occasionally doing battle with the two main villains: Robo-Cube, Cube's psychotic robot duplicate intent on destroying humanity, and The Hat, an ugly parasitic hat which can control its wearer's mind.
This comic provides examples of:
- B-Side Comics: "The Adventures Of Captain Invisible" and "Cube's Past Jobs".
- Fourth-Wall Mail Slot
- How the Character Stole Christmas: Christmas 2009, with How The Cube Stole Christmas, and then parodied soon after with How The Gronch Stole Boxing Day.
- Puff of Logic: The "Cube Disappears" arc, in which Cube questions how a three-dimensional cube could exist in a two-dimensional universe, causing him to disappear.
- Rage Against the Author: "Draw. Some. GODDAMN. SNOW."
- Rule of Funny: Actually one of its universal laws.
- Spoof Aesop: The invasion arc ends with the author dropping an infinity-tonne weight on the invader. Cube solemnly declares that the moral of the story is "Never invade Stickman and Cube or the author will drop an infinity-tonne weight on you."
- Spot the Imposter: Robo-Cube tries to pull this. It doesn't work.
- Stick-Figure Comic: Plus one cube.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: You will groan at this, and not even know why. Hint: It's an Incredibly Lame Pun on the word "Tropers".