Sordid Details Following is a webcomic started in 2010 by a college student who uses the internet monikers "Ksiezniczka" or "Tenor Sax Lolita". It centers around a high school girl in a suburb in Ohio by the name of Ally O'Hannigan who, after a UFO crashes in her home town, comes across a strange girl named Nutella. Hilarity Ensues
It can be read on deviantArt here or on The Duck here
Sordid Details Following provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Ally is a relatively minor example, but she still doesn't like it being pointed out. Living with curvy Nutella and Clio doesn't help.
- Aerith and Bob: Most of the cast has pretty normal names. Then you get Andersen, Ally's older brother, and Nutella, who is named after food.
- All There in the Manual: Character profiles are currently being uploaded to deviantArt with random fun facts about the characters. Also, the creator's formspring.
- Alpha Bitch: Played with. Nancy has the personality and money of one, but is a goth and considered a bit of an outcast who harasses the main cast over something that happened when they were young.
- Ambiguously Jewish: Ally has been known to use Yiddish expressions from time to time.
- Cast of Snowflakes: The author has tried to give all the main characters distinct facial features and body types.
- Cleveland: According to Word of God, the story takes place in a suburb of Cleveland.
- Curtains Match the Window: Andersen's eyes are the exact same shade of brown as his hair.
- Harmless Villain: Nancy and her lackeys, according to Word of God, are supposed to be too pathetic to be considered much of a threat. For one thing, Nancy holds a grudge over losing a beauty pageant at age 5.
- Hollywood Voodoo: Ally's friend Nadine is a Cajun voodoo queen, complete with her own zombie.
- Homoerotic Dream: The author has stated her intention to start chapter 2 like this.
- I Am Not Pretty: Ally's character page states she considers herself "absolutely average in every way", but despite her flat chest, at least her friend Jerry seems to have a crush on her.
- In the author notes for the recently released title page for chapter 1, the author states that she herself thinks Ally is pretty, just not as gorgeous as Nutella. Ally is the only one who thinks she isn't pretty.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In one page, Ally questions "Who even still watches The Slayers anyway?" Sabrina starts to reply with the author's pen name.
- Ms. Fanservice: Nutella, who is very curvy and doesn't seem to understand why she can't just be naked.
- Mundane Fantastic: Despite that there is a UFO, a possible alien, and a voodoo zombie, the comic focuses a lot more on the relationship between Ally and Nutella.
- Named After Somebody Famous: According to the creator, Andersen is named for Hans Christian Andersen and the dog Schlitze is named after a character in Freaks
- No Name Given: Nutella's actual name is unknown, so the O'Hannigans and Clio just named her after her favourite food.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Sabrina is a ditzy, energetic otaku. Her twin Zooey is a stoic, sardonic genius.
- Poster-Gallery Bedroom: The one time Ally's room is shown, she's shown to have posters on her door of Jem and the Holograms and Zahi Hawass
- Otaku Sabrina to anime tropes in general, one filler page to Wolverine, and Nutella to, well, nutella.
- In the recently-released title page, Nutella is wearing a costume from Barbarella.
- Titled After the Song: The comic's title is a reference to a David Bowie song; the author has stated her intention to name all the chapters after bands or lines in songs as well. It's apparently supposed to represent the music stuck in Ally's head in each chapter.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Nutella is named after hers, and puts it on everything, including meat and herself.
- Webcomic Time: The story began in early 2010 and, Ally's flashback was meant to take place in the fall of that year, which was supposed to be 20 Minutes into the Future - due to a sporadic update schedule, it's now more like Twenty Minutes Into The PAST.