Hitting the road on a journey of self discovery and acceptance, this coming-of-age tale gives a backstage look at friendships and the plights of fame as experienced by a modern British rock band.
On the fast track toward fame, the five members of the fictional British rock band, Radio Silence, enter into an exciting new life on the road with their best friends. As they tour across the United Kingdom, they excitedly embrace this new lifestyle and all the resulting challenges, including living in close quarters with each other with little privacy, and the overwhelming reaction of the public to their new-found success.
The comic updates every Tuesday and Friday.
Tropes present in this work:
- Big Little Brother: Shy has a younger brother who's taller than him.
- Bilingual Bonus: Wren speaks Gaelic, and Shy speaks German.
- Character Blog: Colbie has a Twitter and Instagram, and Wren and Shy have Twitters.
- Color-Coded Speech: The band members have text bubble color coordination.
- Matt = Purple
- Wren = Orange
- Colbie = Blue
- Brent = Green
- Shy = Grey
- Liz = Gold
- False Friend: Sammy routinely took advantage of Shy's naivety while they went to school together. He never caught on.
- Fanboy: Colbie is excited to visit a Harry Potter store. Later he sorts the band members into Hogwarts houses.
- Fictional Counterpart:
- A fast food chain called McGobbles is seen in the background, referencing McDonald's.
- The band attends the Twisted Tour, a reference to the Warped Tour.
- Flipping the Bird: Wren gives double two-finger salutes to Conibear when they break up, and when their bands meet again, Matt gives one to Webb in the resulting confrontation.
- Hate Sink: Sammy is nothing but nasty toward everyone when she's not trying to manipulate them to her own ends. She is not intended to be the least bit sympathetic.
- Gentle Giant: Brent is the largest of the group and the Team Mom.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Matt and Colbie have been best friends since they were school boys.
- Incompatible Orientation: Pandora hits on Liz, who is asexual and aromantic.
- iPhony: Matt's laptop has a pear-with-bite-taken-out-of-it logo.
- One of the Boys: Wren is the only member of the band who's female, and her rough and tumble attitude with them, especially Colbie, points to this trait.
- Shared Universe: Matt's cousin is Norah from Agents of the Realm.
- Shipper on Deck: Brent tries to nudge Shy into spending time with Wren.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Shy falls into this trope.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Wren falls into this trope.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: Shy sometimes wears glasses.
- Stuck in the Doorway: In this strip, Wren's bandmates hear her distressed run-in with an ex in the bathroom and try to shove through the door all at once, getting stuck.
- Uncle Pennybags: Colbie is an upbeat, friendly guy from a very wealthy family — his dad owns a large corporation. He paid for the band's bus, so they could all travel more comfortably, and he'd gladly pay for more equipment if his friends would let him.