The world is in peril and only because God was too kind for his own good.
Giving the most unhappy person in the world, a Korean school boy named Lee Hyun, one free wish, he causes the end of the world because the boy wishes so.
To make up for his blunder, he tells the happiest person in the world, manhwa artist Oh Duk Hee, to make the boy change his mind in 100 days. As her aides she gets a nine-tailed fox, a grim reaper, a vampire, a Magical Girl, a superhero, a wizard, an angel, a devil, a Robot Girl, an insane girl, a zombie girl and a plant, the so called new 12 Apostles.
They try their best to revive Lee's will to live, at first rather light-heartedly, but as time marches on, their struggle gets more desperate as their wills are slowly broken as they succumb to the feeling of utter worthlessness.
Nowhere Boy is a Korean Webtoon written and drawn by Jung Pil Won, who also wrote Family Man.
Tropes appearing in this series:
- Broken Ace: Lee Hyun. Though in his case, he became the Ace to come over his troubles. It didn't work out that well.
- Cerebus Syndrome: The first appearance of the Black introduces a Tonal Shift to the more Darker and Edgier side of matters.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Earth will shatter, but merely because it'll stop turning and lose its gravity, thus drifting apart.
- Excuse Plot: Blatantly starts out as this in the comedic setup, before things went extremely dark.
- Killed Off for Real: When Eunwook, the Devil, goes berserk through the second Black, the Reaper is forced to kill him, Death Note style.
- Kitsune: Or rather, the more dangerous Korean Kumiho.
- Meganekko: Oh Duk Hee
- Mind Screw: AS the story gets darker, things start getting into Surreal Horror territory.
- Squishy Wizard: The Wizard is really bad at sports and thus plays the benchwarmer in the Friendship Plan.
- Troubled, but Cute: Lee Hyun, who goes a step further and is suicidally depressed and murderously hot.
- The Undead: The vampire and the zombie.