The Dark Hobbit Saga is a series of three YouTube Poops created by Waxonator. It follows the events of The Hobbit, creating a new story along the way where Bilbo, Thorin and friends go on a quest to find the Holy Grail.
The first is called "Peeda Jikson's The Hobbit Begins" , the second is called "Peeder Jikson's The Dark Hobbit", and the third is called "Peedar Jikson's The Dark Hobbit Rises". You can watch the entire trilogy here.
Tropes in the trilogy:
- Affably Evil: Smaug asks him Bilbo's name, quest and favorite color, then he lets him go.
- Anachronism Stew: Apparently, Middle Earth had iPads and Mentos. It also has the Batcave.
- Blatant Lies: When Gandalf arrives to hire Bilbo as a burglar, the latter says, "Burglar? I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place," while he's dressed as the Hamburglar.
- Brick Joke:
- In part 1, the map shows various fantasy locations. (Narnia, Oz, Wonderland, etc.) In part 3, these nations all join the battle of 42 armies.
- In part 1, Tracy Morgan's character from Cop Out shows up to stop a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic joke. In part 2, Bilbo mistakes Scootaloo for a chicken. Tracy Morgan is then revealed to be dead.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Bard remarks that there's a warm breeze as Laketown goes up in flames.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "In the lands of Middle Earth, in an area known as Hole in the Ground, there was a village named Hole in the Ground. There, in a hole in the ground, lived an asshole."
- Distinction Without a Difference: "We didn't mean to trespass, we were merely trespassing."
- Epic Fail: Bard makes a Rousing Speech to his black arrow... which falls into the water.
- Morally Ambiguous Ducktorate: The final army to show up is composed of ducks, featuring a berserk Donald Duck with an axe and Scrooge Mc Duck as Sauron.
- Namesake Gag: Right after Gandalf says "Dread has come upon you all.", Judge Dredd shows up.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: When Bilbo is captured by the Trolls, he calls out to the dwarves, resulting in their capture.
- Nuke 'em: How Bilbo ends the Battle of 42 Armies.
- Running Gag: Thorin saying, "Huh?"
- Shout-Out: Several.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Yakkety Sax plays as Bilbo and company are being chased by Goblins.
- Troll: Peter Jackson.
- Up to Eleven: The Battle of the Five Armies becomes the Battle of the Forty-Two Armies.
- Visual Pun: "Gentlemen, behold!" (A giant bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch "The Hidden Valley of the Elves."