There are quite a few talented Garry's Mod artists and video-makers out there. In the past these people used it to recreate notorious works, make humorous montages and, of course, show off their new contraptions or pieces of LUA scripting.
RubberFruit's videos tend to contain random stuff happening (but whereas things like The G Mod Idiot Box are composed of clips, these videos take place in the span of one single clip), Deranged Animation (as a result of the Inflate tool and the HWM models that come with Team Fortress 2), and nostalgic music from older Nintendo properties (in particular, the Donkey Kong series). The most famous of his creations being of course Painis Cupcake.
RubberFruit, on December 2011, stopped making videos altogether due to getting bored with Garry's Mod and getting sick of his subscribers, but he eventually returned in the wake of the release of Source Film Maker. He would then cease production on his channel again in October 2013, and has not been seen since.
Tropes that appear in his videos:
- Art Evolution: Just check his YouTube channel. He is a lot better now than he was back when he started. This video in particular was a major turning point.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Beware Giant Louis.
- It's unclear whether the Giant Engineers are benevolent or not.
- Author Avatar: A RED Soldier wearing the Team Captain. His catchphrase is "MINE!"
- Baleful Polymorph: Scout gets turned into a training target, then a chocolate bar in Scout turns into a training target.
- Robot Soldier seemed to be surprised and unhappy when he transformed into a foot...
- Butt-Monkey: His videos usually have the RED Scout become the target of a Space Whale Aesop.
- The Cameo: "That was murder!" (The Giant Engineers)
- Curbstomp Battle: Happens in Spy challenges Heavy to a fight. After being mocked by the Heavy, the Spy challenges him to a fight, complete with a Mega Man styled-transition. Heavy proceeds to promptly pound him into the ground.
- Dance Party Ending: Heavy starts dancing at the end of "Scout hates Snipers".
- Deranged Animation: His videos tend to involve people eating each other (mostly swallowing each other whole), extremely weird faces and characters moving about in strange ways (such as sliding along the ground).
- Disproportionate Retribution: Scout pushes Engineer's dispenser off a bridge, allowing enemy Spy to steal it. Engineer sends Scout to the penal zone.
- There is also Heavy's Tiny Picnic Adventure. Scout throws a Sandvich at a tree, angering the Demoman into kidnapping him.
- In "Heavy gets attacked by barrels", Heavy eats Scout while he's spinning around. He is then dropped off a tall building and buried in hundreds of explosive barrels, which explode. Afterwards, he is attacked by what appears to be a sentient barrel, thrown against a wall and killed.
- Distressed Dude: Scout in Heavy's Tiny Picnic Adventure.
- Eldritch Location: The mysterious Penal Zone Scout was sent to.
- Fantastic Aesop: If you say "soap" three times to a Soldier, he'll turn big and suck you into him.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Painis Cupcake. He will eat you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing.
- Other than Painis Cupcake, most of the characters are pretty fond of gobbling each other up...
- Punched Across the Room: Medic does this to Spy, then shows off his dancing moves.
- Random Events Plot: Nearly every single video is nothing but this. The most notable exception is the Heavy's Tiny Picnic Adventure series, which actually has something of a plot.
- Reality Is Out to Lunch: And will not be joining us for the rest of his life.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Francis' preferred mode of transportation: a bouncing tricycle.
- What happens when Waluigi punches Sam right after dodging his sword swing? Sam gets pissed, tosses Waluigi to the ground and drops a tank on him, punching said tank repeatedly until it explodes. To complete the reference, Sam even shouts out "TANK!!" as he's descending with said tank, much like how DIO would preface his road roller drop by screaming "ROAD ROLLER DA!!"
- The Soldier in "The Giant Engineers" puts on Pyro's gas mask and asks "Are you my mummy?"
- Sphere Eyes: Recently he seems to have become quite fond of using the Sight For Sore Eyes accessory on characters who aren't the Pyro.
- Slasher Smile: "I will eat you!"
- Stuff Blowing Up: In quite a few videos. Spy even learns about them at one point.
- Unexpected Genre Change: Part 8 of Heavy's Tiny Picnic Adventure has a turn-based battle with Painis Cupcake.
Also, check out some YMMV tropes here.