PieGuyRulz's first video series, this is The Abridged Series to Animal Crossing Wild World. The videos are about a kid named Bob who annoyed a cab driver, thinking he was Cap'n Crunch. The driver then drops the kid off in Wild World, where he has to stay for 10 years. The show is known for its Breaking the Fourth Wall jokes. It started on April 10, 2008 and ended on April 10, 2009. Animal Crossing: The Abridged Movie was released not too long afterwards on PieGuy's now-defunct website.
The series playlist is located here.
The first part of the Animal Crossing Abridged Movie is available on Vimeo.
Tropes relating to Animal Crossing Wild World Abridged:
- All Just a Dream: Episode fifteen.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Episode sixteen is seriously just a fake commercial for City Folk.
- Affectionate Parody: The random Powerpuff Girls and Judge Judy parodies in episode 13 and episode 14.
- Narrators are a parodied all the time for asking stupid questions. (I.e. Are you tired of being tired? Are you sick of being sick? etc.)
- Ax-Crazy: A.J.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The show is known for this.
- Big "SHUT UP!"!: In episode eleven.Resetti: You (Bob) are under my control now!Bob: Technically I'm under the control of the viewers.Resetti: Shut up!
- Call-Back: Bob mentions that Hanna MonTerrible is on TV. Referring to a slip-up on PieGuy's first Disney Channel rant.
- Came Back Wrong: Resetti under example 2 to some fans. After he died, he came back angrier than ever.
- Delayed Reaction: Some of Tom Nook's dialogue is so slow it can come off as this.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Tom Nook will let Bob do drugs and rob houses, but he won't sell champagne to minors.
- Eye Scream: Sean LePeu gouges Bob's eyes out in episode seven.
- Incredibly Long Note: When Resetti finds out A.J. is going to kill everyone:Resetti: WHAT?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! THAT'S INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The Funkytown commercial.Announcer: They even have humans so you don't have to mate with animals.
- Inherently Funny Phrase: "Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized."
- Killed Off for Real: Mr. Owl in episode 15.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Pie Guy Rulz does every voice.
- Not So Different: Bob believes that it's not what meets the eye with Crazy Foxx and Tom Nook.
- Overly Long Gag: Tom Nook does this with the "OVER 9000!!!" gag in episode 15.
- Prank Call: Bob got one from Judge Judy in episode thirteen.
- Product Placement: The beginning to episode eight has Bob battling Link in a Super Smash Bros. brawl.
Bob: After all, I haven't left the house in like five days. I've been too busy watching Link's Adventure Throughout The Universes Abridged. Man, I love that series! It's wicked awesome! But enough shameless advertising!
- Also in episode nine.
- Sound-Only Death: Resetti's death in Episode 6.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: Resetti and Sean LePeu (one of the guard dogs in episode seven.)