The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer is a 2005 video game sequel to The Incredibles. It was released on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. John Ratzenberger reprises his role as the Underminer from the first film.
Picking up where the first film left off, the Underminer unleashes his army of giant drills and robots on Metropolis, intent on decimating the Earth's surface. Mr. Incredible and Frozone team up to stop him, with the rest of the Incredibles staying behind as the duo follows the Underminer underground to thwart his nefarious schemes and destroy his various doomsday devices.
The home console and Windows version is a co-op beat-em-up platformer for one to two players, taking control of either Mr. Incredible or Frozone. Solo players can switch between the two at will, with the inactive character being controlled by the computer. The AI player can be told to follow closely, act aggressively, or stay still with the D-pad.
- All There in the Script: Some enemies' names can only be found in the in-game Concept Art Gallery. Subverted for the grenade-shaped robots that first appear in the Sludge Station, as they don't get a name in-game or in the gallery.
- Ascended Extra:
- The Underminer went up from a cameo at the very end of the first film to Big Bad.
- Frozone was a secondary character in the movie and an NPC in the tie-in game, but here he's one of the two main characters alongside Mr. Incredible.
- Big Bad: The Underminer.
- Big "NO!": The Underminer yells this as his machine is destroyed.
- Big "WHAT?!": The Underminer yells this when he learned that his remote is broken.
- Canon Discontinuity: The game is considered non-canon since the release of Incredibles 2.
- Co-Op Multiplayer: Player 1 can play as Mr. Incredible and Player 2 can play as Frozone.
- Demoted to Extra: Elastigirl, Dash, Violet and Jack-Jack are minor characters in the game, only appearing in the beginning and ending cutscenes.
- Drill Tank: The one driven by the Underminer at the end of the movie shows up as a boss.
- Elite Mooks: Each basic robot enemy except the grenade bots and Warkerbots gets an upgraded form later in the game that has new abilities.
- Forced Tutorial: The first two levels act as this, with the player(s) learning Mr. Incredible and Frozone's abilities while they fight the Underminer's robots and come across obstacles that will reoccur throughout the game.
- Hero of Another Story: Elastigirl, Dash, Violet, and Jack-Jack stay on the surface to stop the Underminer's drills. The game doesn't give any details on how their adventure went, as it's entirely focused on Mr. Incredible and Frozone.
- Hurricane of Puns: Frozone uses plenty of ice puns. Mr. Incredible sometimes gets in on the action too, which Frozone chides him for on one occasion.
- Immediate Sequel: The game takes place just after the film ends.
- Mecha-Mooks: All of the Underminer's henchmen are robots.
- Promoted to Playable: Frozone is now fully playable, whereas in the first game he was an NPC.