The game's plot starts with Dr, Drakken having created a radio frequency that turns people into his mindless slaves. Unfortunately for him, it only works on monkeys. At the same time, the photo album of Kim'w grandmother has been stolen. The fact there is monkey fur everywhere clues Kim on one likely target: Monkey Fist. Luckily, Wade is able to track the photo album back to Monkey Fist thanks to music chip placed in it.
Team Possible is a sidescrolljng platformer where you can play as both Kim and Ron, switching between the two at will during the level. There are also sections where you can play as Rufus to solve puzzles.
This game provides examples of:
- Jungle Japes: The first level is a jungle in Belize. Most of the enemies are Monkey Fist's ninja monkeys and it ends in a Monkey Fist boss.
- Off-Model: Potentially due to palette issues, both Drakken and Shego's portraits depict them with the same grey skin. Their in-game sprites use the more correct blue and green colours.
- Palette Swap: Enemies come in different colours, mainly to separate how many hits it takes to kill them.
- Piranha Problem: In several levels, the water contains piranhas that will cause damage if you get too close to the water.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Before Shego's boss fight, she mentions that she's on overtime. She hopes her fight with Kim takes a while so that she can buy a swan tutu.
- Super Drowning Skills: Kim, Ron, and Rufus all either respawn or die upon falling into bodies of water.