The Illogical Journey Of The Zambonis is a dark parody of the Logical Journey of the Zoombinis released by Noyb in 2014.
Long ago, humans and zambonis co-exist peacefully. However, a political faction who hates the zambonis rise to power. Facing exile under the threat of death, the zambonis have to migrate away, hoping to find a new home just for them.
Download the game to play here.
WARNING: Unmarked spoilers below!
Tropes in the Game:
- All Trolls Are Different: The pizza troll appears in the game. Unlike the original game counterpart, he has a typical appearance of a troll (hairy, inverted fangs). Also unlike the original game counterpart, he has a violent tendency and will kill those who bring pizza in a wrong combination.
- Asshole Victim: The troll killed too many Zambonis for serving him pizza with wrong toppings, leading the rest of the group killing him.
- Bottomless Pits: Three "puzzles" involves very high pit that the Zanbonis would fall into if they loose.
- Does Not Like Spam: The pizza troll has certain toppings that he hate. Problem is, he won't specify which when you overload the pizza content.
- Floating in a Bubble: This supposed to allow your zambonis to cross this version of Bubblewonder Abyss. Unfortunately for one of them who tried, it's a trap that causes him to go through an eternal loop.
- Grid Puzzle: There is a puzzle based on Mudball Wall, except the results are already scripted regardless of what color and shape combination you enter.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: One of the Zamboni killed by the pizza trolls was described to be halved.
- Non-Indicative Name: Zamboniville, as the survivors realized too late, is a place filled with humans who hate Zamboni.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: The Zambonis' effort in finding a new place come to naught when all of them eventually die.
- Ungrateful Bastard: The thanks the zambonis get for bringing the troll pizza? He kills some of them for bringing the wrong flavor combination.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: As lampshaded by the narrator, just as you thought you have guided a zamboni across the Bubblewonder Abyss successfully...Narrator: Poor zamboni. Poor, hopeful zamboni. This system was designed for zambonis to use, but not for their benefits. The moment freedom is in reach, this cruel machine changes its criteria, leaving its captive adrift. Stranded, but in motion, perpetually allowing for a sliver of hope, a hope rooted in an assumption that movement implies progress and that a zamboni needs only wait for the system to let him pass. It never will.
- Zerg Rush: How the remaining zambonis defeat the troll despite each being weaker than him.