A 1993 Arcade Game developed by Nakanihon Wreath and East Technology and distributed by Taito, The First Funky Fighter is a Crazy Awesome whack-a-mole clone. In a nutshell, what happens when you take Fist of the North Star with a whack-a-mole game of all things? Well, you punch out crocodiles and sharks all to save the lady of your dreams.
The First Funky Fighter contains examples of:
- Bloody Hilarious: The game just does not take itself seriously at all.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Not only fishmen and crocodiles, but also tribesmen, crabs, jellyfish, and other targets. The ones not trying to kill you, however, are usually bonus targets. Especially in the case of the croc girl and fish woman.
- Excuse Plot: The protagonist's girlfriend is kidnapped by walking crocodiles and killer sharks. You know the rest.
- Expy: Randy's pretty much got Kenshiro's and the Joestars' speedy, mook-vaporizing punches, and Guts' penchant for bloody asskicking sprees; not to mention the muscular, masculine look of all three.
- Gag Boobs: The Distressed Damsel at the end of the game may have a nice pair herself, but the croc girl and fish lady have her beat by a few cups.
- Guide Dang It! - How to trigger those croc girls and fish women to appear would take...quite a bit of guesswork, or brute-forcing, to get them to appear during any of the levels.
- Humanoid Female Animal: Well, the male crocodiles are humanoid, too...but just check out the croc girls and fish ladies that come out as bonus targets in their respective levels...Wow, Taito is weird sometimes. When they're hit, they faint after you punch off their outfits unlike the normal enemies.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Quite possibly the only arcade game where you can rip a shark in half with your bare hands!
- Testosterone Poisoning: "Strongest man ever to live!"