A 1993 Arcade Game developed by Nakanihon Wreath (who also developed the similar games Exciting Animal Land Jr. and Monkey Mole Panic for Taito, which were more kid-oriented) and East Technology and distributed by Taito, The First Funky Fighter is an even more awesome whack-a-mole clone. In a nutshell, what happens when you cross Fist of the North Star with a whack-a-mole game of all things? Well, you punch out crocodiles and sharks all to save the lady of your dreams.
The First Funky Fighter contains examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: The dragon midboss loses an arm in the middle of the fight.
- Downplayed in your case if you lose a midboss fight, as one of your arms is badly injured.
- Bloody Hilarious: The game just does not take itself seriously at all.
- Eaten Alive: Lose an end boss fight, and you get devoured by them. Their Game Over screens show it about to happen.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Not only fishmen and crocodiles, but also tribesmen, crabs, jellyfish, and other targets. The ones not trying to kill you, however, are usually bonus targets. Especially in the case of the croc girl and fish woman.
- Excuse Plot: The protagonist's girlfriend is kidnapped by walking crocodiles and killer sharks. You know the rest.
- Expy: Randy's pretty much got Kenshiro's and the Joestars' speedy, mook-vaporizing punches, and Guts' penchant for bloody asskicking sprees; not to mention the muscular, masculine look of all three.
- Gag Boobs: The Distressed Damsel at the end of the game may have a nice pair herself, but the croc girl and fish lady have her beat by a few cups.
- Guide Dang It!: How to trigger those croc girls and fish women to appear would take...quite a bit of guesswork, or brute-forcing, to get them to appear during any of the levels.
- Humanoid Female Animal: Well, the male crocodiles are humanoid, too...but just check out the croc girls and fish ladies that come out as bonus targets in their respective levels...Wow, Taito is weird sometimes. When they're hit, they faint after you punch off their outfits unlike the normal enemies.
- It's a Wonderful Failure: Each Stage End Boss gives you a unique Game Over screen if you lose and not continue.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Instead of smiling at crocodiles, you beat them to a pulp with your bare hands.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Courtesy of the croc girl and fish lady.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Quite possibly the only arcade game where you can rip a shark in half with your bare hands!
- Rated M for Manly
- Testosterone Poisoning: "Strongest man ever to live!"
- Threatening Shark: One level has you beating the crap out of a Great White, the character of which serves as a boss.
- Time-Limit Boss: Each Midboss and End Boss has a time limit for you to beat. Both cases have you lose if you don't beat them in time. If or when the end boss gets back up, then you must reach the stage's Challenge Score to officially clear it. Racking up points beforehand against the mooks will close the gap by the time you reach the end boss.