Overlord: Minions is a 2009 puzzle video game developed by Climax Studios and published by Codemasters for the Nintendo DS. It features the minions from the 2007 Overlord video game tasked with the mission to solve puzzles and fight enemies, controlled by the DS stylus. The minions can be controlled directly by the player, unlike the original game where the player controlled them by controlling an eponymous Overlord-character.
Overlord: Minions contains examples of the following tropes:
- Big Bad: Silver, otherwise known as Silas Silvanus the Dragonkin. Unusual in that he dies before the birth of his stupider but more physically formidable child Tiberius.
- Draconic Humanoid: Most of them are dead before the game begins but Dragonkin once existed.
- And the last of them is trying to use alchemy to breed them anew.
- By the way, an Overlord killed them all.
- Expy: Grub is a redux of Melvin from the first game.
- Elemental Powers: The Minions more or less have this. The bosses are very nature based, literally appearing to be made out of natural substances but follow no set pattern of Wind, Fire, Water, and Earth.
- Elite Mooks - Yes, you get some of these, too.
- Enemy Civil War: Ash believes he can pull one of these off. You more or less wipe him out before he has a chance.
- Extreme Omnivore: Grub is one of these.
- Fat Bastard: Grub.
- Festering Fungus: The first enemies you fight are villiagers with purple mushrooms growing on them. Like codrycepts, it turns them into Technically Living Zombies.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Ash's reaction to Silver's plot to create a new race of Dragonkin.
- Light Is Not Good: Lady Opal and her paladins are just another set of minions for Silver.
- Mighty Glacier: Duggen.
- Our Dragons Are Different: They're all dead before the game begins but Dragons once existed.
- People Puppets - Pretty much your role in this is to direct the minions via telepathy.
- Respawn Point: The Spawn Pits scattered throughout the levels serve as such.
- Stealth-Based Mission: Sometimes, you need to use the Green Minion this way.