The story sees the Straw Hats coming upon a new land dubbed Prison Island to raid their treasue vault, ruled by a former Marine turned scientist named Issac who seems to wield cybernetics and robotics. However the intial attempt goes south and the crew are force to split up while Luffy battles Issac before escaping himself. In the midst of this, Luffy befriends a girl named Jeanne who lead an Anti-Marine force and seeks to take the island back from Issac.
As stated, the game is an open world one where players can go wherever they choose. Taking on missions, fighting enemies and leveling up Luffy's progression as the adventure goes on, which will allow him to access more of his move set to get to further areas and deal more damage to enemies.
The game was released in March 2019, Japan getting it on the 14th and US and Europe getting it the following day (Though as usual, only in the original Japanese dialogue and subbed).
Has the following tropes:
- Action Prologue: The game begins with Luffy seemingly captured but it turns out to be a ploy by the Straw Hats to get into the vault of the island. Once they find it's empty they quickly abort the plan and pull out. Luffy gets his first taste of fighting Issac before jumping off the floating fortress they were on to the island below. Though a cheap shot by Issac sends him tumbling into the ocean before he can stretch to safety. Luckily Jeanne spotted him and saves him, kicking off the game.
- Aloof Older Brother: Issac. It's unclear if he puts a facade or if he's really like this.
- Big Bad: Issac.
- Contrived Coincidence: Virtually every known character that Luffy runs into is on the island for some reason or other. And, unlike games like Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise where these characters were at least clones or illusions of sorts, all of them are the real deal. Heck Marine characters like Lucci and Akainu actually play a role in the story.
- Continuity Porn: Aside from the Straw Hats, Issac & Jeanne, other characters slated to appear are Sakazuki, Kizaru, Fujitora, Smoker, Tashigi, Law, Buggy, Crocodile, Bartholomew Kuma, Sabo, Rob Lucci, Ichiji, Yonji, Niji and Kuzan.
- Karma Meter: The game has one and note how Luffy goes about the adventure. With the townspeople reacting accordingly.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: Kinda. The game doesn't have a lot slow loading screen (save for when you fast travel) but there's a lot of awkward fade ins and outs when talking with characters or if Luffy is about to enter a fight against a boss.
- Skill Tree: Has one which will be used to level up Luffy and unlock more moves.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Revealed to be an open world game. Heck the it's the reason behind the title, World Seeker.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Luffy takes on Akaniu for a but Sabo suddenly appears mid-fight and reminds Luffy of current matters going on with the island. Luffy rushes off with Akainu giving chase only for Sabo to get in his way.