MX vs. ATV is an off-road Racing Game series developed by Rainbow Studios, who were known making Motocross Madness back in the late 90s. The series features motocross bikes and all-terrain vehicles racing against one another. The series was published by THQ up until its bankruptcy; today it is published by THQ Nordic. Games in this series are known for their reliable preloading physics (shifting the rider's body on the bike to prepare for jumps and other hazards), extensive use of deformable terrain and... not being completely focused on just those two types of off-road vehicles.
Games in the series include:
- MX vs. ATV Unleashed (2005)
- MX vs. ATV Unleashed: On the Edge (2006)
- MX vs. ATV: Untamed (2007/2008)
- MX vs. ATV Reflex (2009)
- MX vs. ATV Alive (2011)note
- MX vs. ATV Supercross (2014)note
- MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore (2015)note
Tropes in this series include:
- Cool Bike: As expected for a game series that focuses on off-road motorcycles among other vehicles.
- Cool vs. Awesome: The series' title. Motocross bikes? Cool. All-terrain vehicles? Awesome.