A little girl and her friend have been lured into the back of an old run-down ice cream truck because it had "Free Icecrem" advertised on the side. Now, the little girl, separated from her friend, is tied up in a Creepy Basement owned by some killer dressed as a butcher. Using only her wits and her determination, the girl needs to find her friend and escape from the clutches of the killer, before becoming his next victim.
Despite its short length, it is rather enjoyable.
Free Icecream contains examples of:
- Artificial Limbs: The killer has a peg leg.
- Bad Humor Truck: The intro shot for the games has the Player Character and her friend being lured toward the killer's dirty ice cream truck, which has "Free Icecrem" sloppily written on it.
- Berserk Board Barricade: All the windows in the killer's house are boarded up, meaning the girl can't climb out through them.
- Bittersweet Ending: The girl manages to escape from the killer's home, but her friend is dead, and there's no guarantee she can find her way home or that the killer will be brought to justice.
- Cats Are Mean: The killer owns a cat that's very attached to the duster. He'll hiss and swipe his claws at you if you try to take it from him.
- Chubby Chef: The killer is a Fat Bastard chef who butchers kids for his cooking.
- Cobwebs of Disuse: The door to the room under the stairs has some huge cobwebs in it. You need to remove them to get to the panel behind them.
- Creepy Basement: Where the game starts.
- Enter Solution Here: You need to enter a code into a keypad to open the freezer where the killer keeps his victims' bodies.
- Evil Chef: The killer is a butcher who uses meat from live human children.
- Human Resources: Judging by the freezer and his clothing, the killer is a butcher who murders children and uses their meat in his food.
- No Dead Body Poops: Averted. The killer's pet cat poops after it dies.
- No Name Given: The player girl and killer are unnamed.
- Point-and-Click: The game is a point and click adventure.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The killer's eyes are little black dots shown through the eye holes of his hat.
- Serial Killer: The bodies in the freezer make it clear the killer has been murdering children for a while.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: To get the duster, the girl needs to feed the cat cat food laced with rat poison.
- The Unintelligible: The killer's words consist mainly of indecipherable mumbling.
- Would Hurt a Child: The killer who kidnapped the girls. He already killed one of them, in fact.