- The Cast Show Off: Ewan McGregor did his own singing.
- Fake American: Toni Collette (Australian) doing two levels of fake accent, one excellent and one Stylistic Suck, while playing American-and-pretentious Mandy.
- Non-Singing Voice: Most of Jonathan Rhys Meyers' singing parts in the movie are dubbed by Thom Yorke.
- Throw It In!: During the Festival sequence where Brian sees Curt perform for the first time, Ewan McGregor was only due to moon the disgruntled crowd. But inspired by the antics of Iggy Pop, he improvised, and ended up gesticulating wildly while flashing the audience, leaping about with his trousers around his ankles.
- What Could Have Been: Todd Haynes originally wanted to cast Jarvis Cocker as Jack Fairy.
- Word of Saint Paul: Ewan McGregor has speculated on Curt and Arthur's fate after the ending of the film.
- Working Title: The film was originally titled Glitter Kids. In development, the original screenplay was titled Glam!
Trivia / Velvet Goldmine