- Development Hell: The reason for Norsca's long delay for Mortal Empires and the delay for both DLC and FLC was due to not only the team being spread thin as a result of CA having several projects going on at once, but also because they overestimated their ability to get it done early, as regretfully explained in the official blog post.
- It also seems to have been a case of Gone Horribly Right. They made a lot of changes for TWW2 based on what they learned from the first game. But that made the second game so different that porting Norsca into it wasn't possible anymore forcing them to implement the entire faction nearly from scratch (with art assets being basically all they could use).
- Doing It for the Art: The unique monster versus monster animations were initially not meant to be included due to there being no room in the budget for them. So the animators used their own free-time to make the animations so that they could be used in the final product.
- Fan Nickname: Mazdamundi is known by some as "Toad Hitler" for his explicitly genocidal outlook. Ironically the Skaven, the ancient enemy of the Lizardmen, are intentionally styled after the Nazis. Other nicknames for him include "Floating Pepe" and "Lord Mobility Scooter".
- YouTubers often refer to the Tomb King's Blessed Legion of Phakth as the "Blessed Legion of Demonitization" because the name sounds to close to "fucked".
- The Necrofex Colloses of Count Noctilus is by many fans refered to as "Noctilus Prime."
- "Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man" for the Mournguls.
- Lying Creator: A positive example of this. Creative Assembly engaged in one of the most popular memes in Warhammer lore by denying all evidence that the Skaven would be in the game. A rat with glowing eyes in a trailer? Just a coincidence, there are lots of rats. Skaven clan symbols hidden in trailers? Meaningless, people are just seeing things that aren't there.
- Promoted Fanboy: Doubles as One of Us, but Dylan Sprouse, of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody fame, is a big fan of Warhammer Fantasy and his favourite book series is Gotrek & Felix (even stating to wanting to play as Felix in a potential film adaptation). CA released a behind-the-scenes video showing Dylan as the voice of the Shadow King, Alith Anar, and it was later revealed he's been posting on the Total War sub reddit since before the first game came out.
- Role Reprisal: BRIAN BLESSED, who voices Gotrek Gurnisson in the Realmslayer Audio Dramas, returns to voice Gotrek Gurnisson in this game as an FLC Legendary Lord.
- What Could Have Been: Official Concept Art for the Bone Giant exists◊, implying CA was planning to include them in the Tomb Kings expansion, before cutting them.
- The Bone Giants were later added to the game during the Skulls For The Skulls Throne 2 event, where they fuction as anti-large Monster Archers.
- The Wiki Rule: The Total War: Warhammer Wiki.
Trivia / Total War: Warhammer II