He first came to prominence after playing Moritz Stiefel in the London production of Spring Awakening and winning an Olivier Award for the role.
He has been songwriting since he was 16 and headed Welsh band The Convictions before pursuing acting. He has released 3 EPs - Tongue Tied, Changing Times and Bang!Bang!
Note: his first name is pronounced "You-wayne" not "E-whan".
- Spring Awakening: Moritz Steifel
- Misfits: Simon Bellamy
- Grandma's House: Ben Theodore
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl: Lewis
- Resistance: George
- Wild Bill: Pill
- Wasteland: Dempsey
- Game of Thrones: Ramsay Snow/Bolton.
- Libertador: Daniel O'Leary
- Vicious: Ash
- Adolf the Artist: Adolf Hitler
- Inhumans: Maximus
- Alien Invasion: S.U.M.1: S.U.M.1
- The Dirt: Mick Mars
- Total War: Warhammer II: Beastlord Rakarth
- A Christmas No.1: Blake Cutter
Tropes associated with his work:
- Cast the Runner-Up: He was the main runner-up to play Heroic Bastard Jon Snow, ironically later being cast as the ultimate Bastard Bastard Ramsay.
- Pretty Boy: In towering contrast to his how his character in Game of Thrones was described in the books. One might argue that it only serves to make Ramsay more unsettling.
- Star-Making Role: Iwan gathered a lot of fans after portraying shy but heroic Simon in Misfits, his role as the sadistic Ramsay in Game of Thrones made him a worldwide name.
- Typecasting: Following Ramsay's gruesome departure from Game of Thrones, Iwan almost immediately signed on to portray Adolf Hitler, and later Maximus the Mad.