- The Cast Show Off: Samuel L. Jackson shows off his singing chops a couple of times through the movie, and even sings the song that plays over the end credits.
- Follow the Leader: The parodical marketing campaign is very similar to Deadpool.
- Sleeper Hit: The film was critically mauled and released in the middle of one of the worst financial years ever for cinematic releases but it quickly made back double its budget in the US alone and did well in international markets as well.
- Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds are pretty much playing themselves, or at least versions of themselves that resonated with the audience who are familiar with them. Jackson is a Large Ham badass who screams "Motherfucka" every chance he gets. Reynolds is a Deadpan Snarker action hero who lampshades Jackson's more prominent traits.
- Gary Oldman, for his part, plays another one of the Large Ham villain roles he was known for before the Harry Potter films.
Trivia / The Hitman's Bodyguard