- Cross-Dressing Voices:
- Black☆Star is voiced by Yumiko Kobayashi, a woman. This becomes more evident in his character song, "My Star". He is also voiced by Brittney Karbowski in the English dub.
- You may recognize Crona's Japanese voice as Haruhi Fujioka's, and Maxey Whitehead also voices Crona in the English dub. Official translators have used male pronouns for Crona — however their gender is otherwise never confirmed.
- In the original Drama CD, Death the Kid is voiced by Takako Honda.
- Cultural Translation:
- In the original Japanese, Soul uses an idiom with "seven" in it, causing Kid's freakout over 8 being the more symmetrical number. Since the idiom doesn't translate well, the English dub instead changes it to Soul telling Kid the latter should have been to school at 7 in the morning.
- God Never Said That:
- Contrary to popular belief, neither the anime nor manga mentioned that Mabaa was as strong as Lord Death.
- According to several fans, it is official that Crona is male. This claim is based on the Funimation dub of the anime and Yen Press translation of the manga, both which use male pronouns. So that should mean that Atsushi Ohkubo intended for Crona to be male in the first place, right? Wrong! Official translators admitted that they only used male pronouns because they didn't want to insult Crona by using "it" or "they" (as this was before using "they/them" became more widely accepted as gender-neutral pronouns in English). Funimation's reasoning for using male pronouns is because that was the default way to address someone of unsure gender in English at the time, according to the ADR Director. Ohkubo never settled on a gender for Crona, and with both the main and prequel series concluding, probably never will.
- No Export for You: None of the Soul Eater video games were released outside of Japan. Same goes for the drama CDs.
- Overtook the Manga: An unavoidable case this time as the manga is produced monthly.
- Real-Life Relative: In the Latin American Spanish dub, Soul Eater and Maka's voice actors, Elliot and Denisse Leguizamo, are slibings in real life.
- Role Reprise: Yumiko Kobayashi voiced Black☆Star in both the Drama CD and the Anime.
- Shrug of God: The creator was asked Crona's actual sex. He said he didn't know himself.
- What Could Have Been:
- Apparently, Soul Eater started out as three separate one-shots, which eventually evolved into the first three chapters of the manga.
- It was apparently going to run for a little bit longer, but got cancelled for reasons that have never been explained. Theories range from Soul Eater Not! flopping to just general reader interest decreasing.
- The Wiki Rule: SoulEaterpedia.
Trivia / Soul Eater