- Actor-Inspired Element: The actors were given lots of say in how their characters would react in certain situations, and thus contributed to storylines.
- Casting Gag:
- Jossed: Rumours said that Robert Sheehan left the show to pursue other projects or about his salary. He Jossed them, saying he wanted to "piss off and do other things".
- Kill 'Em All: The total amount of on-screen deaths in all of Misfits was 103. This number includes the people that had to be killed multiple times.
- Life Imitates Art: Lauren Socha was later charged with assault, and ended up having to do community service.
- Retroactive Recognition: While it's less of a surprise to British audiences, quite a few of the stars are now well known for their work on US TV shows, as well as a few UK TV shows that are equally big in the US, such as Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Downton Abbey. For an American viewer getting directed towards their earlier work on Misfits, watching the show can lead to quite a few cases of this trope:
- Simon is Ramsay Snow!
- Nathan's mum is Catelyn Stark!
- Gary is Pyp!
- Nikki is Raina and Tulip!
- Rudy is Cassidy!
- Jess is Rebecca Pine!
- Marnie is Clea!
- Abby is The Abominable Bride!
- Lily is Jenny (the one from the Paternoster Gang.) Not the Doctor's daughter!
- Rachel is Lady Sybil!
- Lola's ex is Nick Cutler!
- The first probation worker is Aaron's dad in Chewing Gum!
- The girl who seduces Curtis/Melissa is Abigail in Lovesick!
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: Kelly was written out of the show after Lauren Socha was arrested and convicted of racially aggravated assault against a taxi driver. Despite Channel 4 denying that her conviction had anything to do with Kelly being Put on a Bus, Socha's career has consequently stalled, with only two television appearances since then.
- Trolling Creator: Iwan Rheon frequently had his name mispronounced by crew members. At one point, Lauren Socha even refused to film a scene until they all got it right.
- What Could Have Been:
- Original concepts for the show had the teens working in a shopping centre, with a Running Gag that they would be working in a different shop each Saturday. Executive Meddling saw it becoming "more urban".
- Antonia Thomas was reluctant to take the role of Alisha because of the heavy sexual activity needed. But once she read the script and had a meeting with Howard Overman, she realised that Alisha's character had more depth than previously thought.
- Simon was supposed to turn evil in Season 1 Episode 5, betraying the gang and forcing them to kill him at the end. But his actor was considered so likeable, that this idea was subsequently scrapped. It's particularly ironic when considering his later infamous role in Game Of Thrones.
- Superhoodie was originally not intended to be Future!Simon at all. There is a video of Simon filming about Nathan for Kelly when suddenly confronted by Superhoodie. Superhoodie speaks in a different voice/accent here, and gives a cryptic warning about watching them before running off. Presumably, the writers only thought of the Future!Simon idea while writing Series 2, and then decided to run with it after that.
Trivia / Misfits