- Acting for Two: Cree Summer voices Lenne and Calli. Counts as The Other Darrin for the latter, but justified since the character is older now.
- Actor Allusion:
- Call-Back: The Bonus Dungeon Via Infinito can roughly translate to 'Endless Road'. Now, what was the name of Tidus' best armour last time again? Yes, Endless Road (Break HP and MP Limit).
- No Export for You: X-2 International+ Last Mission, which is pretty maddening considering it has a complete additional game where it addressed many of the complaints by fans on Yuna and Rikku's change in personality.
- Non-Singing Voice: Jade Villalon sings for Lenne in the English version, while Cree Summer is the speaking voice. Not that Summer's unable to sing; she's released an album. Villalon technically sings whenever Yuna does in the cutscenes (as Yuna's implied to be singing with Lenne's voice). However in the battles, Hedy Burress sings whenever Yuna does (if she's a Songstress that is). Ditto for Tara Strong and Gwendoline Yeo whenever Rikku and Paine sing in battle. In the original Japanese, Lenne's speaking and singing were both done by Koda Kumi.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: The Festivalist dressphere was created by an eight-year-old who won a dress-designing competition.
- Playing Against Type: Cree Summer voices two characters in this, neither of whom are a Sassy Black Woman.
- Real-Life Relative: Baralai and Gippal are voiced by real life brothers Joshua and Rick Gomez respectively. Ironically Baralai is the older character, yet is voiced by the younger brother.
- Retroactive Recognition: Rick Gomez would later be picked as the voice of Zack Fair in The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII (even sharing his Japanese voice). Also, George Newbern, Nooj, became Sephiroth.
- Typecasting: Rikku's English voice in the previous game was slightly different for Tara Strong, due to the trauma muting some of her optimism. However here she's a full on Genki Girl, making this within type for Strong.
- What Could Have Been:
- There were originally two spin-off games planned, one focusing on Yuna and the other on Rikku. They were of course eventually merged into one game.
- There was also a prequel game that would have focused on Jecht, Auron and Braska's pilgrimage. Fearing that would end up becoming repetitive, developers opted to work on this one instead.
- The Wiki Rule: The Final Fantasy Wiki.
Trivia / Final Fantasy X-2