- Creator Killer: Sales didn't even meet a quarter of Epic Mickey's sales, eventually leading to Junction Point Studio's closure.
- Flip-Flop of God: Word of God stated before that, because of its release date, there was not going to be a Wii U version of The Power of Two. A few months before the game's (and the system's) release, it was announced that there is going to be a Wii U version.
- Franchise Killer: Warren Spector previously stated a third Epic Mickey game would be doubtful. He was right due to the failure of Epic Mickey 2 closing his studio (which also killed a project titled "Epic Donald") and a shift in strategy for Disney's gaming sector.
- No Export for You: The Epic Mickey 2 Graphic Novel won't be released in America.
- What Could Have Been: Gremlin Prescott was, at one point in production, planned to fall to his death, and the red button on his glove was conceptualized as a "self-destruct gag". Concept art has also shown the Mad Doctor's boss battle taking place on Mean Street, and gremlin houses, implying Gremlin Village was a planned area.
- Other concept art indicates the Ventureland pirates sidequest was going to be a full-blown adventure with Mickey helping in their battle against Blackbeard.
- Prior to its international release on Steam in October of 2014, an international PC version was planned, then cancelled, then Uncancelled... but only in Poland and the Czech Republic.
- The whole plot of the game was going to be rather different, with The Mad Doctor resurrecting The Blot using Mickey's heart, Mickey and Oswald teaming up to destroy The Blot by destroying Mickey's heart, and Yen Sid granting Mickey and Oswald with new hearts.
Trivia / Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two