- Dyeing for Your Art: Jason Scott Lee managed the impressive feat of looking almost as ripped as Bruce really was. He also trained with Jerry Poteet, one of Bruce's students.
- In Memoriam: The film is dedicated to Brandon Lee, who was killed while it was in production.
- Meaningful Release Date: This film was released during the 20th anniversary of Bruce Lee's death on July 20, 1973.
- What Could Have Been:
- Brandon Lee, Bruce Lee's son, turned down the opportunity to play his father. Unfortunately, he opted to do The Crow instead. Donnie Yen auditioned for the role.
- Laura Dern, Bridget Fonda, Jodie Foster, Daryl Hannah, Helen Hunt, Nicole Kidman, Sharon Lawrence, Brooke Shields, Mira Sorvino and Uma Thurman were considered for the role of Linda Lee.
- Wang Luoyong, who portrayed Ip Man, would later go on to be the first Asian actor to play the leading role of the Eurasian Engineer in Miss Saigon on Broadway.
Trivia / Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story