- Celebrity Voice Actor: Never expect to see any Names to Know in Anime in the English version. Live-action actors doing voice acting instead? APLENTY!
- Dawson Casting: Robert Carlyle who was forty-nine back in 2010 did the voice-work for Gabriel, who's presumptively in his late twenties or early thirties. This trope also applies to his Japanese voice actor, Keiji Fujiwara, who was forty-six at the time of the recording.
- Dueling Works: An odd, in-franchise instance. To not complete with/detract from Castlevania: Judgment sales, Lords of Shadow was first unveiled as a standalone Flagship Franchise before it became an official Castlevania title.
- Franchise Killer: Lords of Shadow 2's mediocre reception shut the coffin on the 3D side of the series.
- Recycled Script: To another Konami franchise: A noble warrior and member of a large heroic organization is sent on a quest to stop a possible world-ending scenario. The loss of a close female character is factored into said quest, which turns out to be part of a conspiracy orchestrated by the hero's organization, his learning of which later factored into the hero's eventual fall from grace and into villainy. Who are we talking about, Gabriel Belmont/Dracula or Naked Snake/Big Boss?note
- Saved from Development Hell: Back in November 2007, Konami's executives nearly scratched the entire game as they did not like its distinctly different/Darker and Edgier direction. The production was preserved by one of the game's producers, David Cox, who said he'd fly over to Konami's USHQ to show them the tech-demo his team had created. After skimming through the newest progress reports the head executives decided to continue production, and even granted the developers greater creative freedom as well as Hideo Kojima's advice which led to the complete overhaul of title's protagonist.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original pitch video for the title starred Simon Belmont as the game's protagonist.
- Ian McKellen would have been the one to voice Zobek, but his busy schedule could not allow it.
- Claudia was a Raven Hair, Ivory Skin kind of gal before she became a Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold.
Trivia / Castlevania: Lords of Shadow