- I Knew It!: As early as Mitsuki's introduction, fans had begun to theorize he was related to Orochimaru somehow. The movie confirms it, though it doesn't specify which parent he is.
- Meaningful Release Date: The movie played in a number of North American theaters on October 10th, Naruto's birthday.
- The Other Darrin: Both in Japanese and English.
- Boruto and Himawari have different VAs than The Last. For the former, in English, Amanda C. Miller replaces Maile Flanagan (probably to distance him from Naruto a bit more) and Yoko Sanpei replaces Kokoro Kikuchi. For the latter she was played by Stephanie Sheh in The Last and Saori Hayami in this movie.
- Max Mittelman replaces Colleen O'Shaughnessey as adult Konohamaru in English and Hidenori Takahashi replaces Ikue Ōtani in Japanese.
- Schedule Slip: As of December 2016, the movie remains unreleased on DVD in the West with no release information, despite a hand-out poster from the movie's brief North American theatrical run stating it would be out in late 2016.
- The film's DVD/Blu-ray release was ultimately announced by Viz to be on March 28, 2017, clearly past the late 2016 date.
- What Could Have Been: According to both Kishimoto and the director of the movie Hiroyuki Yamashita, there were several elements that had to be cut, but would be reincorporated in the Boruto Anime adaptation of the movie events:
- Kishimoto wanted Toneri to make an appearance but he had to be cut.
- Originally there were going to be 3 Otsutsuki antagonists, with Urashiki Otsutsuki joining Momoshiki and Kinshiki in their attack to Konoha.
Trivia / Boruto: Naruto the Movie