- Acclaimed Flop: Despite mostly positive reviews, the film opened to a dismal $7 million and ultimately couldn't recoup its production budget.
- Box Office Bomb: Only made $31.6 million on a budget of $32 million.
- Doing It for the Art: The cast took a pay cut after being convinced by Drew Goddard (who also took one) that having a lower budget would allow the studio to give them more creative freedom.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Chris Hemsworth had to lose 25-30 lbs of muscle weight immediately after Avengers: Infinity War wrapped to star in this film.
- Expy: The El Royale is based on the Cal Neva, a real hotel once owned by Frank Sinatra in North Tahoe that really does straddle the California/Nevada boarder.
- Fake American: Australian Chris Hemsworth (Billy) and British Cynthia Erivo (Darlene).
- Hey, It's That Place!: The El Royale compound is set in the same location as the Super Villain Lair from Kingsman: The Golden Circle. You'd think that Jeff Bridges would be familiar with the place but his character never went there.
- Playing Against Type: Chris Hemsworth is best known for his role as Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and has also played heroic roles in Star Trek (2009), The Cabin in the Woods, Red Dawn (2012), Snow White and the Huntsman, and 12 Strong, so the role of Billy Lee definitely sticks out for him.
- What Could Have Been: Tom Holland reportedly passed on the role of Miles, while it was rumored that Beyoncé was being courted for Darlene. Russell Crowe was also originally cast as Sullivan.
Trivia / Bad Times at the El Royale