Are You There, Chelsea? was a short-lived series that ran on NBC for one season in 2012. Laura Prepon played Chelsea, an Expy of the show's creator, Chelsea Handler, based on her book Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea. The latter played Chelsea's older sister, Sloane.
The series contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: The ad exec Chelsea dates to help Olivia.
- Alpha Bitch: Nikki. She gets brought down a few pegs. Also acts as the Sitcom Arch-Nemesis for Chelsea.
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform: The "sports-themed" bikini tops Chelsea and Olivia wear for one episode.
- Big Friendly Dog: "Keith Richards", a stray that Chelsea brings home in the episode "Strays".
- Black Dude Dies First: Parodied when Dee Dee and Olivia watch horror movies. "There are no black people in this movie, so I don't know who's going to die first!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Dee Dee.
- Deadpan Snarker: Everyone, making this a World of Snark.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Chelsea and Sloane, respectively.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Chelsea.
- Mistaken for Gay: A convoluted sort during the episode "The Gynecologist".
- One Head Taller: Chelsea is much taller than her best friend, Olivia. Lampshaded during their limbo contest. Todd and Rick have a similar height difference.